TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6741|Las Vegas, NV USA

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Im glad to hear your not an idiot gunner, but there are a hell of a lot more who arent.
Well, idiot gunners don't become good gunners without some practice.   If idiot gunners are constantly being TK'd, "redlined", or told to bail out, they'll never become good gunners.

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

....  Everything in this game doesnt have to be nerfed...

Im sorry to say it, i feel kinda low by doing it, but frankly youve got 16 hours in a chopper, ive got 150+ it doesnt seem fair you thinking you know best.... sorry.

Ask all the decent piolots on this forum, slicnick, mafiaelite... and theyll just repeat what i say.  ....
Interesting.  I have a friend that loves to chopper pilot, has about the same amount of hours as you, and still thinks that solo-choppering is wrong (and for many of the same reasons as have already been put forth).

I see that you have all those hours in a chopper, so I've gotta ask.

If solo-choppering were allowed, but all the AA were capable of locking on to a heat target at the same range as the TV missile (and they don't), would that be alright?

Because honestly, the biggest problem I have against solo-piloting is that 97% of what's left on the map for a equipment resource is ineffective against choppers hovering so high out of range.  The remaining 3% make up a fighter jet (if there is one), the flak gun on mobile AA (if there is one), and another chopper.

So, in the end, the only person enjoying solo-choppering is the solo-pilot.  The opposing team is constantly being killed with little ability to do anything about it, and the same team has a player hogging the chopper with little chance to gun for it, or getting an opportunity to get the chopper themselves when the previous pilot isn't dying.

K-milk wrote:

Life mode.  Such as in counter Strike.  You only live once in one round. Once you die you cannot respawn until the next round.  The last man standing wins it for his team and gets like a 15% bonus for the win.  I always wanted something like this even before i found out Cs had it. And the server can chosse which mode they want. Like COOP, Singleplayer, Life, and the other setting which i forgot the name.
Such an option would work fine in a game like CS.  However, in a game where there are insta-kill items (armor, jets, choppers, AT mines, claymores, arty, and etc.), it'd get boring really quick.  It may be alright on IO servers (with exception to claymores), except that it would suck to run around on these huge maps, get to your destination, and then die.  Likewise, flag capture couldn't really become the goal, so the maps would become useless unless another goal were created.

EDIT:  Added comment to avoid double posts.

Last edited by TrueArchon (2007-01-23 13:59:23)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6671|dunno
Fix the glitch on iron gator when you are waiting for a helo and it spawns you sometimes fall through the floor from the flight deck to the hanger bay.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6712|England

The_Killer wrote:

Fix the glitch on iron gator when you are waiting for a helo and it spawns you sometimes fall through the floor from the flight deck to the hanger bay.
Wow....180 hours on the map and I've never had that, or even heard of it. But Ive had the reverse happen 3 times now

Also, whilst on the map - fix the chopper flag glitch capping of the Engine Room and Hangar Bay Fore flags.
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6671|dunno

Snake wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

Wow....180 hours on the map and I've never had that, or even heard of it. But Ive had the reverse happen 3 times now

Also, whilst on the map - fix the chopper flag glitch capping of the Engine Room and Hangar Bay Fore flags.
It has happend to me 3 times you fall through the floor to the hanger bay as soon as it spawns.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6799
-remove prone and crouch delay.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

let me explain to you what a decent FPS game needs.

First off, Counter-Strike. As retarded as its player base is, much like that of BF2, you can't argue that there is plenty of skill to be had all the way up to the godlike status of some of the best players.
Now, in CS, you do not need to stand still to shoot. In fact, on many guns, your first shot is completely accurate. You can run around, be moving, and still be getting headshots. In other words, players can move around while shooting, and if they want to run nothing is stopping them, other than a well aimed shot from the opposition.

In Quake, you can run (read: bounce) around, all the while firing your ultra accurate railgun/rocket/blaster/etc. the fact that you are just as accurate while bouncing around as you are standing still makes for a very fun game: it is incredibly fast paced, and it takes a LOT of skill. Extreme accuracy from the guns in the game does not make it 'noobish', but far better, as the only factor is the players skill, and not luck.

In any populair FPS game the same principle goes: you can MOVE, at any time, and have proper accuracy too.

In Battlefield 2, you have to go prone to get high accuracy fast. However, in the older versions of BF2, going prone and getting back up again was instantaneous. And you could do all kinds of movements to stay in motion while still being prone. Thus, BF2 circumvented the principle of needing to stand to fire and still retain speed, by having these so-called "exploits".

Now, imagine if in Counter-Strike, you had to stand still for a full second before being able to fire accurately. And after you've fired, you have to wait another second before being able to move again. Thus, all shoot-outs become players simply standing still hoping their gun gets luckier first.

Enter 1.4

I hope you finally realise it now.
-increase accuracy on all weapons. Up to the standard of BF2pro.

-make all fighter jets equal in performance, and all bombers equal.

-A2A missles should hit whenever a jet is not doing a full turn. Missles are still effective but take timing and thought to use.

-A2A missles should stay just as effective against choppers. (read: not.) Gunning choppers down is the way to go. spamming missles at choppers is another example of giving players the easy way out instead of making them learn to play.

-AA missles should almost always hit. AA is weak enough as it is (yes, that's right. High learning curve. get used to it. AA doesn't stand a chance against choppers or jets.)

-helo TV missles range should be set to ~600. This will make helo fights far less a game of hiding.

-fix helo TV missle bugs: Not firing/double reload/blank screen. can make the difference between win or lose in a match.

-improve on the netcode to relieve hitreg problems. Vital for any FPS game. Not a major fix, but some improvements at the least.

-allow firing while in the air, but make accuracy extremely low. in other words, normal C4 throwing (short distance) and point blank shots can still work. And I see no reason why they shouldn't.

-remove the well-known glitches from maps.

-make switching firing modes go smoothly. M16 is a real bitch for this one, regularly your aim spazzes out all over the place and you end up back in the mode you started in.

-make claymores TK again. I'm sure it was DICE's intention to prevent players from accidentally killing teammates who stare at the sky constantly, but this change has done nothing but make snipers run around spamming invincible boomsticks everywhere.

fin
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Jello.01
+46|6755|DFW, Texas
I thought of another problem that should be fixed. In the audio tab, there is the option for the volume of voice overs, but it has never worked in all the time I have had bf2, it would be great if you can turn down the voices so you can listen to the surroundings.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6545|6 feet under
They could add a series of badges/ribbon/medal for reviving. Also you should be able to use unlocks in Single player, and the same thing for BF2:SF (if it isn't there already). (just so everyone knows i only play SP when I'm traveling and can't get a wireless Network)
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6731|England

TrueArchon wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Im glad to hear your not an idiot gunner, but there are a hell of a lot more who arent.
Well, idiot gunners don't become good gunners without some practice.   If idiot gunners are constantly being TK'd, "redlined", or told to bail out, they'll never become good gunners.
Single player?

Anyways as regard to the rest of your post... i am better for my team solo than with some idiot who doesnt know TV from MG. Isnt it better to be killing armour and such effectively, rather having some one trying to MG an APC?

So... leave my chopper alone, and leave me alone, im bored of this. In my opinion half the stuff we ask for here will never be introduced. A few bug fixes if your lucky...

PS you also have 16 hours in a chopper....
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6473|Australia
Fix the glitch that causes the radar to spac out and spin around wildly. Not only is it impossible to see whats on it, but you can't pull the map down (m), access the command menu (tab) or choose a spawn point when you die, as the map is constantly spinning and won't remain upright for it to enlarge.

Give the jackhammer and extra round in the cassette (for a total of 8).

Give at least one extra clip for the P90 and MP7. The guns aren't powerful enough to warrent such a tough constraint on ammo.

Make to PKM slightly less accurate when prone and firing single shots.

Make it so that supply drops do not fix the artillery, UAV trailer and scan sat.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6449|The | Netherlands
Ok, I just registred to post this... It's one of the most annoying things in entire BF2 for me. The building near Hotel flag @ Strike at Karkand parachute jump, maybe I can find an image... The parachute never opens there! :x
Smitty5613
+46|6673|Middle of nowhere, California

ChevyLee86 wrote:

ChrisHXZS wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

This is a wishlist, a compilation of what we'd want in a patch, regardless of whether or not one is made.

To tell the truth, I don't think there will be one.
Nope EA have annouced they aren't going to make another patch for bf2.
i dont think they would just not make another patch..
tomany people still play for them to not update the game. this game is still being sold in stores at 30 $
Fuck EA, Forgotten Hope 2 mod is comin out!!!!
The_Jester
+52|6637|Italy
I don't think anyone mentioned it: do something for the BMP-3 (Special Forces APC thing).
It's slow and paper-armored, the driver has a very limited view and it's uncontrollable and unmaneuverable, as it starts bouncing on every single little obstacle. It's just pointless.

And fix the kill display for AT mines while driving vehicles.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6741|Las Vegas, NV USA

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

....  PS you also have 16 hours in a chopper....
You completely missed my point.  Here it is again:

TrueArchon wrote:

I see that you have all those hours in a chopper, so I've gotta ask.

If solo-choppering were allowed, but all the AA were capable of locking on to a heat target at the same range as the TV missile (and they don't), would that be alright?

Because honestly, the biggest problem I have against solo-piloting is that 97% of what's left on the map for a equipment resource is ineffective against choppers hovering so high out of range.  The remaining 3% make up a fighter jet (if there is one), the flak gun on mobile AA (if there is one), and another chopper.

So, in the end, the only person enjoying solo-choppering is the solo-pilot.  The opposing team is constantly being killed with little ability to do anything about it, and the same team has a player hogging the chopper with little chance to gun for it, or getting an opportunity to get the chopper themselves when the previous pilot isn't dying.
It's not the point of having 16 hours in a chopper.

It's a point of game balance.

Solo-chopper pilots hover out of AA lock range, but are more than capable of attacking targets below them.

It's a matter of fairness.

Solo-chopper pilots are NOT being fair by:

1.  Hogging the chopper to themselves, and not letting teammates gun for them.
2.  Exploiting the fact that they are all but untouchable to enemy fire, yet they have an instant, one-hit kill weapon at their finger tips.

In a different way of thinking...

Why is the M95 not an automatic kill, no matter where it hits?  Why doesn't it damage engine blocks in vehicles to the point of being disabled/destroyed completely?

The answer is simple.  It disrupts game balance, and is, quite possibly, not fair to the other players.  Why would anyone play assault with an M16, when a M95 can do the job better at a safe distance?

As I've said, it's not a matter of the number of hours anyone has in the chopper.  It's a matter of the number of times MANY players have been flattened by a TV missile, got pissed, jumped into an AA vehicle, seen the culprit that flattened them, tried to get an impossible lock on them without ANY success, then tried to fire their flak gun at the culprit, get flattened AGAIN by a TV missile, and then watch as the solo-pilot returns to base to fix his three bars of flak damage.

And that's the AA vehicles!  The rest of the vehicles are even worse off than that!

Obviously solo-choppering is a big enough issue to be brought up patch, after patch, after patch...  and typically, the only players that don't have a problem with it, are the solo-pilots themselves.
l41e
+677|6795

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

TrueArchon wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Single player?
Yeah, because

-You have so much experience in this, because you followed your own advice and did this and became uber-1337.
-Bots are sooooo much like real players.
-Bots make great pilots, lining you up for TV shots, circlestrafing, and all that.
-Bots are so unpredictable.

Uh, no. What is more likely?

-all of the above

Or

-you're too concerned about your stats to want an un-1337 gunner (unlike yourself) to "hog" the F2 seat so that you can't use it for that life.

I vote for the latter.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
You can atleast try to take a heli alone in singleplayer and do it all on your own, if you can do it alone it's also possible with a good pilot
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6886|England
compatible with PRMM
obstacle02
+3|6663

elte wrote:

has anyone had a problem with making squads? Ive had that happen numerous times. no one could create a squad and the team lost because we didn't work together. or even joining squads. might be the same problem/coding. but sometimes i click to join a squad and it wont work. (i know you have to be alive, obviously)
i've had this problem too. also, sometimes, i'll join a server, or already be in one and a new match starts, and it shows me as being in a squad that doesnt even exist, but i'm not actually in the squad.  and when i try to click on "leave squad," nothing happens and i am still stuck in the squad.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6703|Brisbane, Aus

There's a bug with the Commander mode (it made it into 2142 as well)

when you drop supplies sometimes it might not appear at all, or the drop logo will be on the map but the crate will never show, you just have to wait untill it reloades so you can deploy again.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6886|England
EA just suck at everything dont they? lol
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6449|Sweden
I just have a little wish.

I'd love it if the sniper's scope had more zoom levels.

I read that the Barret M82's targets are sometimes 2000 meters away, and of course I am not saying that you should be able to scope that far in BF2. I mean, the longest accurate shots I can line up are at max around 500 meters, after that it's just a shot of luck, as most often the fade makes it impossible to see targets.

Maybe just add a hundred meters and it would be awesome, but if they're not gonna add anymore (I guess it could be a little unbalanced), they could at least give some more levels of zoom other than full and none.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
Just don't play sniper I hate claymores!
wrx_sti
+2|6619|USA
I wish to have some reward for my Badges, Ribbons & Medals just like 2142?
Daniel_Blue-Delta
+11|6449|Sweden

3lmo wrote:

But I love sniper!

But claymores are nasty to get killed by, I agree.

Sure as hell is fun to get 5 kills on a single one when you're really lucky, though!
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff

Daniel_Blue-Delta wrote:

3lmo wrote:

But I love sniper!

But claymores are nasty to get killed by, I agree.

Sure as hell is fun to get 5 kills on a single one when you're really lucky, though!
Yes, that is funny, when you get revived and somehow you have a sniper kit you place it near a corner, entire squad comes close and boom you have your kills

But I'm just a medic whore I only play I/O and there are way too much snipers if you ask me, but OK, everyone has his/her on kit.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6893|Mexico City
NEW MAPS !!!!!
i want naval fights !!!
Revive Coral Sea, Midway......

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard