naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6604|Southampton, UK

I recently got a new comp with 2142 soonly installed. Everyting works apart from one problem.
When i load a map, It stops around half way and takes 5-10 minutes to take a jolt of loading and then the map is loaded and game ready to play within 20 seconds...

This stoppage of the loading is very annoying when i want to get in the game ASAP...

Help would be rained with karma - need quick response
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6641|Cheshire. UK
This is normal when you first change your graphics settings...it has to change them for every map...so if you play the same maps your load times should be quicker
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6589|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
how much ram do you have on this new computer?

Check firewalls are working properly and allow all areas of BF2142, especially BF2142PACE (or something like that)

And check you have no uncessary background tasks running ( open task manager ctrl, alt, del.)

Hope something here helps:) good luck.
naightknifar
Served and Out

Still nothing helps...
I have looked all over Net to find answer it's impossible!

Help = Shower of karma (i'm that urgent)
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6395|uk

half way through....

If you mean 62%, without checking ingame i believe that is geometry's (SP )

So... if you have a new computer, i you will therefore have a new graphics card, and more/ less RAM.

Consider this.... If you had the same computer, and get a better graphics card, then you will have higher settings, and so the map takes longer to load.

So... If all of my guessing is right so far, then you need a relevant increase of RAM to make the map load quicker.

But i have just read that it doesn't move for 5-10 minutes, so ignore everything i just said.

So.... What is your new system. How many maps have you tried.
Arg768
+0|6582|London, UK
You have probably tried these already -

Install latest graphics drivers

Delete the contents of your cache folder, mine is here - G:\Documents\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\cache, but is is normally on C:\ - these files are altered/recreated whenever you install a patch or change video settings.

Is it a new computer or just new to you, then the HDD may need defragging

Do you have the same problem playing offline,  playing single player or if you create a local server and load a map?
spliffeh
+0|6347|Belgium
Have you by any chance got bitdefender antivirus + firewall? if you do...try turning off the active virus shield. Just rightclick the bitdefender icon and disable virus shield. It worked for me.
From what i figured out so far: bitdefender scans every file and there is a shitload of shaders so it slows the map loading enormously!

Last edited by spliffeh (2007-01-23 08:04:23)

naightknifar
Served and Out

Arg768 wrote:

You have probably tried these already -

Install latest graphics drivers

Delete the contents of your cache folder, mine is here - G:\Documents\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\cache, but is is normally on C:\ - these files are altered/recreated whenever you install a patch or change video settings.

Is it a new computer or just new to you, then the HDD may need defragging

Do you have the same problem playing offline,  playing single player or if you create a local server and load a map?
Well thank for the help anyway, but i have half sorted it.
I turned all settings to medium and just instead of taking 20 mins it takes 5 but after than i takes around 5 secons to load a map. I'm alright with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard