Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6727
I know there are lots of topics for this, but i want to discuss something else here.

Code:

# SAS Service Ribbon
            #('3261901',    'X1Sas',    1, f_and(    global_stat_multiple_times ('atm-4', 18000, '3261901'),
            #                                )),
This is the python code for the SAS service ribbon. I'm not used to python but i can see that it says 18000(seconds) as time requirement which is indeed 5 hours. However, you don't get it after 5 hours, but there are people who got it.

Well, looking at the code i think 'atm-4' is the army(SAS), 18000 is the time requirement in seconds and '3261901' is the medal id. But i don't know what global_stat_multiple_times means(notice the multiple).

Can anyone completely read/translate the code and figure out if there is another requirement maybe? It just doesn't make any sense if it says 18000 seconds and in reality it's a much higher number.
Buzerk1
+44|6843
If you look at the code... there is a "f_and"... so my guess is 5 hrs AND something else...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6700
First of all how the FUKC did you get the expert ground defense badge?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6795|England
We has all this with the MEC and PLA ribbons for vanilla before the last patch if you remember, nobody had any idea when you were supposed to get them, people got them at totally random times etc.
YitEarp
+1|6732
i havent tried to decipher the code, but after looking at almost 10 different people's stats who just got the ribbon and then getting my first one the other day, im almost POSITIVE that the requirement is 5hours on that army PLUS 95 hours IN THEATER so for SAS ribbon you need 95 hours combined on the 3 maps SAS is on(night flight, warlord, ghost town).
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6727

YitEarp wrote:

i havent tried to decipher the code, but after looking at almost 10 different people's stats who just got the ribbon and then getting my first one the other day, im almost POSITIVE that the requirement is 5hours on that army PLUS 95 hours IN THEATER so for SAS ribbon you need 95 hours combined on the 3 maps SAS is on(night flight, warlord, ghost town).
Hmm thanks, i gotta play some ghost town

Btw: Doesn't the '#' mean that the whole code is commented out? How can you even receive the badge then? Err, i'm starting to believe that DICE just created this python file to confuse us lol
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6854|-
I think you have to have a best round score of 80 or more for each army as well.
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au

Superior Mind wrote:

First of all how the FUKC did you get the expert ground defense badge?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
at a guess, i'd say getting on a mounted gun, while commanding and dropping arty. someone else started a thread saying this is how they got their veteran
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6851|United Kingdom
whole other thread on that, plus i got it as well (check my page to see that i never got any commander score the day i got that award) if you dont believe me
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au
as i said, just a guess - not saying you didn't do it the legit way, it's just one fault of the bf2 award system, that so many awards you get when you're not even going for them (i.e. I "accidently" got my vet sf medic by artillery. I spawned as medic, no-one went commander so I thought I'd better, etc etc)

Raxor wrote:

plus i got it as well
well done. it's one of my aims, as i like hitting infantry with the tow

Raxor wrote:

check my page to see that i never got any commander score the day i got that award) if you dont believe me
not to sound too much like a n00b, but how can one check commander scores for any particular day? i.e. you got the award on 27/12/05 - how would it be possible to know whether you went commander that day or not? I don't want to check your stats or anything, it just sounds like a feature that I didn't know you could do
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6727
Check out www.bf2tracker.com. They got a score per date stat.

But now please BACK TO TOPIC. Isn't anyone here who can read python!?

Last edited by Ub3r-ElitE (2006-01-02 17:59:23)

dalfiuss
+1|6838
Ok, first off, I believe with the latest patch they removed the kills you recieve from arty, so they don't go towards awards.  I could be wrong on that, but they definitly no longer show up in the score screen like they previously did.

On topic, I took all of the info from someone that has all 6 service ribbons, and these were the lowest common denominators:
Army Time: 22:04
Theater Time: 53:53
Army Wins: 69
Army Best Round: 80

EDIT: Barring oddities on EA's part, we can round down and assume the figures are, at most, 20 hours, 50 hours, 60 wins, 80 best round.

Also, that python code is commented out, and the service ribbons are a server side award, so technically, the information listed in that file has NO connection to the actual requirements for the award.  In the file it has comments that all of the service ribbons and medals are backend.

So it doesn't really even matter if you can decipher what the other variable is in the document, as it has no direct connection to the award.

Last edited by dalfiuss (2006-01-05 14:00:57)

dalfiuss
+1|6838
Another little piece of information about that file and the system.

When you connect to the account server your stats are stored locally.  When you connect to a server everything you do is not only tracked by the server but also locally.  That medal data file is used to present awards locally when you recieve them, even though the information hasn't been sent from the server to the stats server yet.

That is how you are able to recieve an award but never end up actually getting it, due to a problem on the servers side.

I have yet to test this out, but I imagine if you edit the medal data file you could 'receive' awards in game that you are truely no where near getting.  Of course, if the medal_data file is one that is checked upon connection, you might not even be able to play with it edited

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard