I{endo
+20|6427|berlin
hotel karkand. how to clay properly.

e
   -->     (x)  watch this spot
              w

Last edited by I{endo (2007-01-20 07:30:48)

DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6637|Los Angeles, California, US.
Nice ASCII Hotel .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6751|OctoLand
i don't get it...
I know fucking karate
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6644|England
The clay by the ladder is all wrong, ppl can jump over it from the roof of the building next to it.
Stealth_Bain
+19|6507|England, United Kingdom
I find placing one at the top of the stairs works quite well or placing it infront of the flag facing the stairs as you then can potentially get a few extra kills.

Let it be known I'm not a claywhore!! I just do it when we seem to be getting spawn raped loads and feel its fair! if it takes me 4 or 5 attempts to spawn!! your gonna get clayed! end of story.

In a normal game theres nothing more infuriating than creeping onto a flag then boom dead in a hail of ball bearings! I think the clays should only remain in existance while the sniper is within 15 metres of them or so, so they're only used for defending your nest! (I'm going slighty off topic sorry)
xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6567|A dark hole....

justice wrote:

i don't get it...
nonexistentusmc
+26|6455|Queens, NYC
I usually position my clays so that one clay covers both the normal stairwell and the ladder and the other clay covers the other ladder, both positioned fairly close to the flag to allow full body exposure of the enemy as compared to the just the head or something partial.

I don't know if thats what you have up there, but um, yeah!

Oorah!
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6540|Belgium
Nah, i always put one in the foilage.
I{endo
+20|6427|berlin

-=]DeatH1337[=- wrote:

The clay by the ladder is all wrong, ppl can jump over it from the roof of the building next to it.
you sure? i always get blown up while in the air. no matter how far i jump. 2 meters away from ladders seems suitable in my experience. the other clay at the main entrance must be put on the east side, it's possible to avoid a claymore on the other side.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6717|67.222.138.85

iPoon.be wrote:

Nah, i always put one in the foilage.
OR

put them under the roof, at the ends facing out.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
clay correct: press 3.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
l41e
+677|6659

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Pfft, nub. Clay correct: press 4, right-click.
I{endo
+20|6427|berlin

SargeV1.4 wrote:

right. but to some it's still a mystery (facing claymore to wall) and to some a science
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6655|Ohio
no.

Code:

|=|________________|
the open side of the v shape is the direction the clay opens blows up.

Edit: ha ha, i finally got it matched up right!

Last edited by Paco_the_Insane (2007-01-20 07:26:11)

I{endo
+20|6427|berlin

Paco_the_Insane wrote:

no.

Code:

|=|________________|
the open side of the v shape is the direction the clay opens blows up.
i could avoid your left claymore by jumping on the wall. that's why i stressed to put it up facing down.
clay correct

Last edited by I{endo (2007-01-20 07:33:57)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6560|EUtopia | Austria
Well, for an adjustment I'd slightly rotate the claymores - no, not upside down, but giving them a better angle to cover a larger area. The claymore facing the ladder is useless, I'd rather put it where the cap-radius of the flag ends, but looking into flag direction. Will blow up people walking over it and kill people jumping from the opposite roof...
MrBrain
+24|6701|Finland
clay is gay! especially by the flags! Should be nerfed so that it's unable to drop clays closer than 50m from a flag
Mad Ad
+178|6521|England, UK
or we could always play rubbermod where it takes 3 full clips to kill anyone and clays just make a whoopee fart sound when they go off.
I{endo
+20|6427|berlin

Stormscythe wrote:

Well, for an adjustment I'd slightly rotate the claymores - no, not upside down, but giving them a better angle to cover a larger area. The claymore facing the ladder is useless, I'd rather put it where the cap-radius of the flag ends, but looking into flag direction. Will blow up people walking over it and kill people jumping from the opposite roof...
valid points. but your argument about the useless "ladder - clay" i can follow only if you leave the cp alone...it goes off a 100% if you jump from the next building.  if you're around and a couple of hostiles run for the flag they will most certainly enter it from both sides. two times "kabooom!!". if their medic survived and is warming up his defibrillator a couple of nades or even the knive does the finishing job. i saved hotel/ square many many times when my whole team was somewhere upfront. the scenario is that if i play usmc and if we hold the entire western karkand, i love to wait back there for any intruders, especially/ only if cement-factory is still in mec hands. and i know they'll be coming. even if some run for square and hotel the same time it's quite often possible to defend them both against a whole squad with the combination of m24/ nades/ claymores. and i don't even get flagpoints for the hotel -claymore -setup like i suggested.
clays the way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard