Drexel
+43|6519|Philadelphia
I'm one of those Commanders that command in the middle of nowhere.  As many of you players who do this (snipers included), you know that a stationary target is a huge attraction for enemy artillery strikes. 

But I found a fun way to get around this:

Get into any vehicle, preferably a car that you vehicle drop to yourself (so you don't hurt your team waiting for something that'll never spawn) and then just jump into the second/third/forth seat.  Magically, you don't show up on the radar scan anymore.  So, if you can get to the middle of nowhere and get into your car without the enemy commander spotting you on the way, you are almost 100% guaranteed to not die.

I found this tip helpful for sniping too, although it's a little more tricky.  Same thing, get the commander to drop you a car that has the 3rd and 4th seats without a mounted gun.  Drive to your favorite spot and hide your car as best as you can.   This also works for boats, here's my story:

I was playing oman 64 and I decided to become a sniper.  I spawned at the US flag that had the boats (I forget the name, but it's on the mainland) and drive to the flag that is on the dock (god, I'm terrible with name remembering).  I cap the flag sitting in my boat, because no one ever goes to that flag.  Afterworlds, I drive back to my spawn point, but stop underneath the bridge.  I hop to the 5th seat, and position the boat so that only a small portion of it is visible.  I proceed to snipe every sap who tries to cap the base back, and through the entire game, no one spotted me.  Not even some moron APC that drove down the river under the bridge 20 meters from me. 

I conclude that people who see a car or a boat that isn't moving and isn't close to the road and isn't .50 cal shooting them figure that there isn't anyone in the thing.  Try this tip out, and see how long you can go undetected.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6570|Panama
Go upon a ladder ( as a sniper ), get up it ( like square, factory crane, suburb ) place a claymore on stair entrance, and hide carefully!
Brasso
+1,549|6673

Drexel wrote:

I found this tip helpful for sniping too, although it's a little more tricky.  Same thing, get the commander to drop you a car that has the 3rd and 4th seats without a mounted gun.  Drive to your favorite spot and hide your car as best as you can.
I do the exact same thing.  Except I just park it wherever I want on Wake.  No one ever thinks the cute little sniper is in the car.

t2krambo wrote:

Go upon a ladder ( as a sniper ), get up it ( like square, factory crane, suburb ) place a claymore on stair entrance, and hide carefully!
People like you give snipers a bad name.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2007-01-18 10:58:21)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Drexel
+43|6519|Philadelphia
Problem with that is the commander can still spot you out and you show up on radar and UAV.  So arty, planes, choppers, and other snipers are all hunting you down.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6573|Boston, MA
Good idea, +1 for the new find, hard to find new things in the game by now.
Ten24Alpha420
Yes I Cannabis
+13|6368
Good post. Do you really not show up on scans and uav? I know when you are spotted out it just says "Enemy forces" leading enemy to think its a blind spotting. Good tip though, I never put 2 & 2 together.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6570|Panama

haffeysucks wrote:

Drexel wrote:

I found this tip helpful for sniping too, although it's a little more tricky.  Same thing, get the commander to drop you a car that has the 3rd and 4th seats without a mounted gun.  Drive to your favorite spot and hide your car as best as you can.
I do the exact same thing.  Except I just park it wherever I want on Wake.  No one ever thinks the cute little sniper is in the car.

t2krambo wrote:

People like you give snipers a bad name.
LoL, is that true?
Drexel
+43|6519|Philadelphia
Yep, I figured this out when I'm commanding and spot a jeep flying across the map, just when he's about to disappear from the spot, I tried to spot him again.  Nothing but "Enemy forces spotted."  I zoom in seeing that he is on the gun shooting at a chopper, and keep trying to spot him knowing that I'm hitting his car and it still says, "Enemy Forces spotted."

Last edited by Drexel (2007-01-18 11:14:36)

diphusion
+3|6351
My favorite spot is under the Essex; just get a RIB and ram the front of it real hard to get under there.  I've spent many rounds as Chinese Commander on Dalian Plant under the Essex - drives the USMC wild.

Runner-up spot is under the SAS uncap on Ghost Town, theres a passageway filled with water which has no direct line-of-sight to a place out of water, so noone can shoot you.  Takes a well aimed grenade to take you out - which people don't really bother with after you've claymored the entrance.
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6570|Panama

diphusion wrote:

My favorite spot is under the Essex; just get a RIB and ram the front of it real hard to get under there.  I've spent many rounds as Chinese Commander on Dalian Plant under the Essex - drives the USMC wild.

Runner-up spot is under the SAS uncap on Ghost Town, theres a passageway filled with water which has no direct line-of-sight to a place out of water, so noone can shoot you.  Takes a well aimed grenade to take you out - which people don't really bother with after you've claymored the entrance.
U will make the Vehicle time quite easy this way!
samfink
+31|6598

diphusion wrote:

of course, alosif you are in the water entrace to the SAS spawn, and don't go into the enclave thne ytou can be shot with an RIB. and as for decent spotsto stay as commnader, usually whne i'm chinses on wake i go into the airfield huts, or any similar hut. protects from artillery to an extent, and often tghe enemy don't think to check there. as USMC? simple- if the enemy have lostthe airfield, as high up on the essex as i can get, if the enemy still ahve the airfield, the carrier corridors to the boat bay. as for warlord as SAS- haven't commanded much, but somewhere in the building under construction or in the carpark. as insurgent? simple- you know you can go dfown one level from the geround floor in the palace? there. has the advantage if being invisible to people giching inot floors, too.
diphusion
+3|6351
first thing i do as commander of Insurgents on warlord is a couple of claymores inside the walls of the palace - wont kill the non-cheaters but it annoys the glitchers
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6607|Area 51

Drexel wrote:

Problem with that is the commander can still spot you out and you show up on radar and UAV.  So arty, planes, choppers, and other snipers are all hunting you down.
But why would a commander spot in the middle of nowhere?
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6522|Trondheim, Norway

RDMC(2) wrote:

Drexel wrote:

But why would a commander spot in the middle of nowhere?
If he sees u on the scan, he will probably research...
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6444|dm_maidenhead

samfink wrote:

diphusion wrote:

of course, alosif you are in the water entrace to the SAS spawn, and don't go into the enclave thne ytou can be shot with an RIB. and as for decent spotsto stay as commnader, usually whne i'm chinses on wake i go into the airfield huts, or any similar hut. protects from artillery to an extent, and often tghe enemy don't think to check there. as USMC? simple- if the enemy have lostthe airfield, as high up on the essex as i can get, if the enemy still ahve the airfield, the carrier corridors to the boat bay. as for warlord as SAS- haven't commanded much, but somewhere in the building under construction or in the carpark. as insurgent? simple- you know you can go dfown one level from the geround floor in the palace? there. has the advantage if being invisible to people giching inot floors, too.
On Wake when I command I just get in a handy J10 with my trusty m95 then spend the round in it without giving support
confused
+10|6436|British Columbia
Somewhere on these forums a person said stationary SpecOps don't show up on scans (but will on UAV).  If I remember correctly, several people tested it out and found it to be true.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6863|Delaware
Find a map glitch and exploit your heart out.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6695

confused wrote:

Somewhere on these forums a person said stationary SpecOps don't show up on scans (but will on UAV).  If I remember correctly, several people tested it out and found it to be true.
It is true. Infantry dissapearing off UAV normally is spec ops. (sometimes other classes just randomly dissapear off the map after being spotted too)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6601|Hungary
Better rush with your team !!
Or sit into an APC with someone and command...but dont get kicked for that
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6732|London, UK
yup i do that with a vehicle i noticed this when spotting cars and people in the gunner position with no one driving cant be spotted by commanders and hiding in between trees is good and inside buildings!
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6395|uk

SargeV1.4 wrote:

confused wrote:

It is true. Infantry dissapearing off UAV normally is spec ops. (sometimes other classes just randomly dissapear off the map after being spotted too)
humm... and i tried it and found i could be seen.

If you are in the 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th seat in a vehicle, you do NOT show up on the commander scan.

However, you DO show up under a UAV.
XISIX
+116|6657
Thanks for tips Drexel + verifying Titch!

+ 1 for jah both.
Drexel
+43|6519|Philadelphia

Titch2349 wrote:

If you are in the 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th seat in a vehicle, you do NOT show up on the commander scan.

However, you DO show up under a UAV.
This is true, but how often does a commander throw a UAV in the middle of nowhere?  If you aren't on a scan, the commander will not know you are there.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6365|Orrstrayleea
Everytime im commander i always seem to find a spot wher no-one can find me, the pool behind the alleyway at sharqi, on top of the suburb house at karkand, in the middle of the ocean at wake, At the gas station on Mahtuur, where do you hide?
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6687|Camoran's Paradise
At the uncap base.  If we don't have an uncap, I go to the enemy's uncap.  They'll never look for me there.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-02-20 13:46:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard