jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore

Varegg wrote:

Problem with nades and rockets is if you kill 2+ person in one blast you still only get the 1 Titan attack bonus point ......
never happened to me in the titan before...

usually its like this

You killed Noob
You got a Titan Attack Point!
You killed leet
You got a Titan Attack Point!

etc.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

aardfrith wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Problem with nades and rockets is if you kill 2+ person in one blast you still only get the 1 Titan attack bonus point ......
Just wondering how you know this?
Basicly because it doesn`t say in the requirements 30 kills inside Titan it says 30 Titan attack Score + that i met the requirements for Vet badge with 18 kills and didn`t get it because my Titan attackscore most probably was lower than 15 and third because the same has happend to others than myself !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6526|Singapore

Varegg wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Basicly because it doesn`t say in the requirements 30 kills inside Titan it says 30 Titan attack Score + that i met the requirements for Vet badge with 18 kills and didn`t get it because my Titan attackscore most probably was lower than 15 and third because the same has happend to others than myself !
omg...for ANY ENEMY SOLDIER you killed ON/IN the enemy titan, you get a titan attack point
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6542|Sammamish, WA

aardfrith wrote:

Varegg wrote:

When I get multiple kills inside the titan, around a silo or inside the squad bonus circle, I can only see a maximum of three lines of text from the action, even if there's three or more kills involved.

As an example, yesterday I shot an APC that was at our silo and it had four people on board.  {damn, I was stoked} and it said:

You killed X
(+1 bonus silo defense score)
You killed V

I know there were four people in the APC because the text in the top left has about four lines on it and I was the numbers in the APC when I was approaching.  Still only looks like 1 silo defense point but I couldn't tell if it was more. Didn't check on the scores when it was happening.

What I'm basically saying is, have you checked out your scores before and after such an incident?
Don't forget that that message area is small and really only shows three lines of text at a time. If you killed an APC with four people on it that requires eight lines of text to display (one for each kill and one for each bonus point), only three of which can be shown. You were probably only seeing the first three. Hit tilde next time to view the console and you should see the full result.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2007-01-05 08:31:34)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6816|Belgium
I went Support, settled myself on the top rear deck with my sentry gun on the one side, and myself on the other, and shot everyone that I could see. Also best to use the basic Support LMG's since most fighting will be at medium-long range. So a shotgun won't do you good, but for the occasional close-encounter with the enemy the LMGs are better than the Ganz.

I got my shiny gold badge (30 kills on enemy Titan) that way with time to spare. And a total of 67 kills - 14 deaths and 70 teamwork points..
https://www.linuxhelp.be/tim/files/screen097.png
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
i got a 254 point round (not global) just putting RDX and APMs in the upstairs vents defending my titan. And a 850 point round (not global) from getting my silver explosive badge, which is worth 500, so i really had a 250 point round also.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6503|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
Got both of my Titan Attack Gold and Defend today. Within 2 rounds to and it wasn't that hard either.

I'm not sure if destroying Titan AA guns with rocket/pilum counts but as soon as I got 30 kills on their Titan and I did kill 2 people with one grenade now and then and still got it.

While defending you only need to kill 30 people while being on your Titan and you'll get it to. As I don't know any other way to get a Defend point.

I was Recon and Assault. While being Recon I threw out APM mines here and there and used Lambert to kill them.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6816|Belgium

Zefar wrote:

Got both of my Titan Attack Gold and Defend today. Within 2 rounds to and it wasn't that hard either.

I'm not sure if destroying Titan AA guns with rocket/pilum counts but as soon as I got 30 kills on their Titan and I did kill 2 people with one grenade now and then and still got it.

While defending you only need to kill 30 people while being on your Titan and you'll get it to. As I don't know any other way to get a Defend point.

I was Recon and Assault. While being Recon I threw out APM mines here and there and used Lambert to kill them.
Yea.. I got my Titan defense also as Recon, probably the easiest way.. APM and RDX whoring your Titan + Lambert = loads of kills..
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.
run into a full titan with guns blazing. thats all i did. i've killed over 30 a ton of times just doing that.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden
have´nt got it myself since i´m not near the time requirement but i have got 30 kills in a titan, funny thing is i was support my least played kit by far i was up in the vent in the window there just spraying down anything that moved below me ( most of them in the Core room it was open )
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6732|Germany, near Koblenz
Getting Gold Defense needs a normal good round, Gold Attack a very good round and Gold Destruction a perfect round.

It's allways the same: If you want a specific award, you just have to do the specific job consequently over and over again. Sooner or later everything will fit and you'll get it.

A kill on a Titan allways equals an attack / defense bonus! Just check with TAB and you will see, that the increase of team points (subtract heals and resupplies of course) equals the increase of kills.

Did my Attack Gold mainly with the Voss, combined with some nade and a few pistol kills.
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA
CLAYMOR WHORE CLAYMOR WHORE CLAYMOR WHORE!!!!! thats what i did it anly works if ypur in the core room thow. and blowing up the titan guns 30 times dose it 2
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6395|England
It's mostly situational, can't remember how I got mine. I know the pain in getting it though, because you want the round to be as long as possible but by killing people on the enemy team you're helping the team destroy the titan, so you've got to compromise. It's hard, but you'll get it good luck!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6623|Little Bentcock
I got my defence last night, after a while, but the attack far out its hard, 3 rounds on a row I got 29 but couldn't get the last one. Shits me.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6816|Belgium

Dr_Paulos236 wrote:

It's mostly situational, can't remember how I got mine. I know the pain in getting it though, because you want the round to be as long as possible but by killing people on the enemy team you're helping the team destroy the titan, so you've got to compromise. It's hard, but you'll get it good luck!
Actually not really mostly situational. I mean; the teams have to be balanced for one. That is true. So as soon as you see that you're in a server where the teams are very unbalanced; get out, you won't get it there. But otherwise, it's not that difficult. Just stay on top of the rear deck of the Titan with Support LMG + Sentry Gun. Pleople always pod themselves onto the back of the Titan 'cause they think they will be able to rape your team from the back.. And even after you shot them 5+ times, they 'll keep on doing it, trying different places to pod on.. The top mostly, hoping they'll have an altitude advantage over you.. And make sure that you have a Spawn Beacon to spawn directly onto the enemy Titan Rear Deck. Time is the most valuable.. (Although it is doable in about 10-15minutes of Titan Combat. That's why you need balanced Teams.. Titan combat should last for around 20minutes if the Teams are balanced. (Since there will be an equal amount of Silo Capping/Titan Defending/Titan Attacking on both Teams.)

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2007-01-13 02:02:56)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6828|Australia
forget your K D ratio. do suicide runs into the corridors with AMP's, spam them at their feet. If you survive, drop a rdx and go go go.
Its ok, LMG noobs will get over it. Thats how i got mine.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I got 15 of them by camping on their titan with the PAC transport ship, shooting the entrances that they kept coming out of, the rest I got with my Baur-H.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6656|UK
still cant get the bloody thing, been close so many times
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Adams_BJ wrote:

I got my defence last night, after a while, but the attack far out its hard, 3 rounds on a row I got 29 but couldn't get the last one. Shits me.
Did you, after getting 29, find that all the enemies had aimbots and your fps slowed down to single digit figures, with a major lag spike?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
Bumping this as it is useful..

I managed to get 28 kills by this: 48 man server, 24-24 teams. We destroyed all the consoles but 1. Let the nade mayhem begin. This was during the awards glitch, so I earned veteran titan attack (was not illegible for gold at time) several times. Throw countless grenades in, and if you know where to throw them, you can also destroy the console.

Or, I did this last night and was very lucky to earn my 30 kills as recon, put on your camo and run to the way they come in (crouching as to avoid apms). Usually, they crowd at one place. Some well placed RDX will earn you COUNTLESS kills.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343
It´s not that hard to get, I got Attack the second time I tried to.

Just be friggin´ patient.
Don´t hop around the enemy titan like your balls are on fire.
Go in as Support, best use you´re sentry to cover your six if you lack a buddy over TS. Then place yourself up in the vents (fronting the core worked best for me) and camp/rape the crap out of the defenders. Those fools keep popping out of the corridors, hungering for kills. Just shoot them and change your position within the vent occasionally, to avoid being zeroed in by a sniper.
Keep in mind not to move to close towards the border, or you´re easy prey for defenders underneath your position.
And keep your ears peeled for the "Granata" or "Throwing Frag" voices, cause they can be a pain in the ass, which costs you time. And time is crucial, cause those rounds don't last forever.

Hope that helps. Just keep trying and BE PATIENT. That´s most important.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst

Sisco10 wrote:

It´s not that hard to get, I got Attack the second time I tried to.

Just be friggin´ patient.
Don´t hop around the enemy titan like your balls are on fire.
Go in as Support, best use you´re sentry to cover your six if you lack a buddy over TS. Then place yourself up in the vents (fronting the core worked best for me) and camp/rape the crap out of the defenders. Those fools keep popping out of the corridors, hungering for kills. Just shoot them and change your position within the vent occasionally, to avoid being zeroed in by a sniper.
Keep in mind not to move to close towards the border, or you´re easy prey for defenders underneath your position.
And keep your ears peeled for the "Granata" or "Throwing Frag" voices, cause they can be a pain in the ass, which costs you time. And time is crucial, cause those rounds don't last forever.

Hope that helps. Just keep trying and BE PATIENT. That´s most important.
Very similar story for myself, I was on a relatively small server (like 24 to 30 players) and just kept raping the shit out of them from the vents.  Sentry gun to cover my ass netted several kills and always warned me when people jumped in from the roof; plus, with the Bianchi, you are lethal no matter what distance you are at from the enemy on a Titan (except maybe point blank).  You would think after killing the same idiot five, six, SEVEN times, that he'd come in from another direction and put a nade in front of my feet from below.  Good times, then.
Zefar
+116|6649|Sweden
Become Recon and whore their Titan Deck.

Out of all the people that are going to defend it will take the pod and try to get to the air vents. Mine those areas and then lie with the Lambert somewhere and take em off if they don't go down there.

Or get Assault kit or Support kit.

I took mine in two rounds and it was pretty easy as I attacked quite a lot that time.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
So far I have tried:

- Zeller + APM + DemoPaks + Squad Leader Drone w/ gun attachment
- Krylov/Baur + Rockets + Med Packs
- Bianchi + Sentry

None so far. Best I've hit is around 20. I did once do 28, but that was the time I got veteran!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard