Nope, I hate it although they pay me kinda well4%4% - 2
The job sucks and they don't pay me enough22%22% - 10
I'm the business & I should blame myself6%6% - 3
Total: 45
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6550|The lunar module
How do you feel about your job?

Are you satisfied, do you feel exploited, do you own your own business?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6682|USA
It pays the bills. Its the cycle that sucks. Everyone works until they die. Nothing more, nothing less.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
I just keep wondering.

Is it the job that sucks or is it just 'work in general' that is annoying?

I've just got the nagging feeling that out there, somewhere, is a career that is satisfying and financially rewarding. And allows some free time.

Maybe I'm naive...

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6786|UK
My job is great. Working behind a bar is hard work sometimes but the pay is good and the drinks are free
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6465|The Land of Scott Walker
1st choice, but who doesn't want more money.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
@vilham: Congrats, sounds like you've got it made

I'd get a liver condition within half a year in your job, though...

Last edited by apollo_fi (2007-01-12 15:46:02)

BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6788
I don't really do a lot but I get paid very well for it. I tend to change jobs every 2-3 years or so just to keep me interested.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6653|Sin City

I can honestly say that after 7 years, I still love my job. Pretty lucky, I mean how many people can say that? Most people can't stand working. I look forward to going to work each day. Not that if you gave me an ass-load of money I wouldn't be even happier to sit on my ass though.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

D6717C wrote:

I can honestly say that after 7 years, I still love my job. Pretty lucky, I mean how many people can say that?
Pretty lucky, indeed. I've worked for the same company for 6 years, in different roles, and I'm not especially happy with the current state of affairs.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

Stingray24 wrote:

I voted #3... wanna switch jobs?
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6653|Sin City

apollo_fi wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I voted #3... wanna switch jobs?
What do you guys do?
Ratzinger
+43|6412|Wollongong, NSW, Australia
I'm a public servant, and I just changed my hours to 3 days pw. Life is now officially bearable...
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6626|Parainen, Finland
I´m working 5 shift in Paroc as an Oven Process Attendant...

That means 4 days, 1 day off, 4 evenings, 1 day off, 4 nights and 5 days off so it goes on and on...

I´m watching temperatures and other readings for 8 hours each day and  I repair stuff if something goes wrong...

So it is quite OK and the salary is good!!!

Only thing that sucks is that sometimes you have to work at christmas or new year or some other important holiday every now and then but you can live with that....

40 years of that left...

Last edited by Ubersturmbannfuhrer (2007-01-12 17:03:10)

JahManRed
wank
+646|6648|IRELAND

I'm Working as an architect and planning consultant. Have my own business, but i am prity relaxed with it. I have a 2 guys in the office, they are relaxed too. I don't start work to 9.30-10am, make my son his breakfast everymoring. I live 5min's walk from my office so I stroll down in my own time, employees open at 9am. I can work from home too so my work time is flexible. When I get motivated, bills are good for that, I can produce allot of work. I spend maybe 15% of my time on site. 35% Drafting on CAD. 25% on the phone. 25% meetings. So it prity varied.
I love designing a building and watching your vision be built and walk around it. Great job satisfaction.
I love working with people and different professions. Engineers, QS's contractors , clients etc.
I hate the bureaucracy of the planning process
I hate the constantly having to cover your ass from being sued, by all manor of dodgy characters. Property drives people crazy. The prospect of someone's cow field worth £10 000 being worth £2million with planing aproval granted, if you can get it approved for them, can drive people crazy. We have a 95% success rate. The 5% will try to sue you if you haven't covered your ass. We are insured for claims up to £5million. 
I hate the long term commitment of taking on a phased building project that may take 10 years. Again sued if you pull out.

All in all I'm happy with my job. I know I can down size to an office at home or go for the security of employment in one of the larger practices. Its a flexible job, but committed. I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by JahManRed (2007-01-12 17:05:02)

Aust1mh
+23|6588|Sydney, Australia
I'm LoVin' my job,

"Technical Engineer" Building, training, tech support and installing March Networks products all around Australia and NZ.

Free travel... lots of Money... all the freee toys i need (Laptop, GPS, mobile phone ect)

havin' fun as well ;-)

www.marchnetworks.com
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6387|Columbus, Ohio
I like my job...but it is like nothing I have ever experienced before.  Helping start an airline from the ground up is crazy to say the least.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command
I work for myself.
This year is off to a rough start.
Business partner has cancer, and he just found out the health insurance bills were amongst the unopened mail at his place.
I just found out 10 minutes ago it was cancelled.

This time last year I had tens of thousands in reserves and now I'm not sure about payroll next week.

Kinda funny how quick and brutal things can turn around.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6387|Columbus, Ohio

ATG wrote:

This time last year I had tens of thousands in reserves and now I'm not sure about payroll next week.
You should come work for a start-up airline...fit right in.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
IT (content mgmt) for a multinational consumer electronics co.

The guys I work with are great, the pay is decent, the work is occasionally interesting.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

Ratzinger wrote:

I'm a public servant, and I just changed my hours to 3 days pw. Life is now officially bearable...
Yikes... that sounds good. how many hours per week?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6500|Somewhere else

My jobs kinda cool.  My vote is job is so-so, pay is marginal.  But, true american job. I build guns for a living.  Springfield Armory 1911s.  So, that can result in strange hilarity at times
Aust1mh
+23|6588|Sydney, Australia

RoosterCantrell wrote:

My jobs kinda cool.  My vote is job is so-so, pay is marginal.  But, true american job. I build guns for a living.  Springfield Armory 1911s.  So, that can result in strange hilarity at times
What kinda guns?

Any free samples?
The Bartenders Son
+42|6713|online
Currently I own 2 businesses which are doing ok at this time… My job which pays the bills … well it pays the bills, but it not what i want to do for the rest of my life. I plan to see the world and provide my son with a nice FAT check when he turns 18 years old.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6495|Foothills of S. Carolina

My job pays enough to keep my wife at home to take care of our 4 kids (She opted for it). The work is nasty at times, and thankless most of the time. I enjoy it though, figuring out problems and always being in a different place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard