SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6649|Hong Kong
   Ever felt like quitting the server after attempting to rush into the Titan to destroy consoles, only to be pumped full of lead by the titan-corridor-whoring sentry drones? Well, be not in despair, young Padawan, for here are three tips for eliminating these threats.

1. For some unknown reason the sentry drones will start firing even if there is a wall between you, preventing certain death. This can be used to your advantage to detect them, as the noise and the strange anomaly of bullets magically, and harmlessly, passing through the wall and then through your liver reveal.

2a. The next step is to destroy the drone. Lining the corridor walls are a number of barriers which provide ample cover from the drone's line of fire. Lie on the floor and inch slowly up to the edge of the closest barrier. The drone will start firing, but the bullets have a small chance of hitting you. The drone is then at your mercy.

2b. Another way of clearing the corridor is one of sacrifice. Push an unsuspecting fellow into open ground, where the drone will automatically puncture his coronary system with a sustained rate of fire of 750rpm, and therefore you are free to replace the drone CPU with lead and proceed to carve maggot holes in the corridor-whoring foes before the next grenade quickly, and rather gruesomely, removes your cerebral cortex.

May these techniques prevent many more unneccessary 15 second long future trips to the Pearly Gates, and remember to stay behind the glass panels when your teammates are RDXing the consoles, saving you, your murderer, and the entire team any more grief.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6541|Doncaster UK
2b FTW
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6598|Cheshire. UK
Ohh push me ..push me!!!
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6557|Brisbane, Aus

+1 gonna go CPU replacing right now lol..
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6376|Inside the AR Rockets.
Here's another way: Get your friend to go down there before you to attract the fire of the drone thru the wall. Make him move as far as he can to the side, then destroy it. It wont even pay attention to you.

Last edited by HUNDaemon (2007-01-11 07:38:13)

DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6732|Germany, near Koblenz
... but the APM around the corner will.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland
You seem to be forgetting about people, demopaks, apm mines and even more.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6760
Better idea: Play conquest.
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6351

Talon wrote:

Better idea: Play conquest.
WOOT conquest FTW!!!!
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6647|Peoria
Lazy Man's method:

EMP nade down the hall.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6413|Michigan, USA

Elamdri wrote:

Lazy Man's method:

EMP nade down the hall.
Definitely sounds a lot easier, probably something I would opt for as time is a very valuable resource in the game.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6683
I'm always the lamb in plan 2b. These methods work well. Thankyou for the public service.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
2b would probably involve 6325344 teammates to clear out the 40 APM's, 100 RDX thingys..50 Sentry Drones and another 25 infantry men..
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6618|InGerLand

Elamdri wrote:

Lazy Man's method:

EMP nade down the hall.
they don't bloody work for me, they have 0 effect on the sentry drones ¬_¬ go dice...
SmilingBuddha
+44|6649|Hong Kong
Well, this post IS titled "Tips for destroying sentry drones" which probably gives you the idea that it doesn't cover RDX, nades or APMs.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6749|Mark it zero.

sfarrar33 wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Lazy Man's method:

EMP nade down the hall.
they don't bloody work for me, they have 0 effect on the sentry drones ¬_¬ go dice...
i've noticed the same thing. yet everyone is like "throw the EMP grenade to disable it!" so they do that and run in and die from it...
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6570|United States
Tossing an EMP grenade is so much easier and faster. Plus it looks sexy when they explode.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6426|Browntown
Half the time a sentry gun will look at you, lock on, and not shoot. Then everyone stops and wonders whats going on.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6827|Australia

Elamdri wrote:

Lazy Man's method:

EMP nade down the hall.
Dice give it as a game play tip.
GR34
+215|6545|ALBERTA> CANADA

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Lazy Man's method:

EMP nade down the hall.
thats probaly why the emp nadses dont work that well they only stop drones from firing 4  6 seconds not wnough time to buy pass them  with out getting killed by the defenders
SmilingBuddha
+44|6649|Hong Kong

GR34 wrote:

kontrolcrimson wrote:

Elamdri wrote:

Lazy Man's method:

EMP nade down the hall.
thats probaly why the emp nadses dont work that well they only stop drones from firing 4  6 seconds not wnough time to buy pass them  with out getting killed by the defenders
I tried it and it doesn't work...
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6618|InGerLand

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Half the time a sentry gun will look at you, lock on, and not shoot. Then everyone stops and wonders whats going on.
and then you get shot for being a sitting duck just standing and staring at a sentry drone gormlessly
and then you just kick yourself for doing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard