tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6761|Pakistan/England
hmm baseraping is alright, but teamstacking is ridiculous. I cant understand how you can have fun with the vast experience gap between the two teams. when i find a team that is stacked against, ill join them to help out, but its not much fun on either side.
ZekersSneakers
+8|6527
I like to baserape non-stop, especially with vehicles. Unfair? Sure, QQ more newbies.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6426|Alberta, Canada
Commonly, a person has more than one place to spawn at. Say, on Sharqi. If I am in an Mi-28 with my buddy, and we keep killing the idiots respawning ontop of the TV station, I don't care. The TV station has the GROUND spawn point. They call it "Baseraping". I call it enemy idiocy.
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6554|Donnacona, Quebec
I never basecamp uncaps (unless it's their last flag), but I do on other flags.

Just spawn elsewhere ffs.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6675|pimelteror.de

joker3327 wrote:

I find that it spoils the game.......I mean wheres the fun in bashing the other team to one flag ...usually an uncap then just point farming!!

and no matter how much skill you have 10 people surrounding a flag...no one will get out!

Its more fun playing the game than using it as a turkey shoot!
QFT

Baseraping is for assholes only. It is not about fun and challenge, a game should be about. Remember - it is stil a GAME!
Where is fairness and where is honour in this? Do you suck, when you get a real challenge? Do you immature Kiddies have to boost your crappy stats this way? If you are really l33t, switch sides and show the noobs,how to get out of a raping situation...

Would you tell your sister, it is her fault, when she gets raped? She could have stayed at home.....
..yes i know... it is a game... but why don´t you play it like a game, where most of the people should have a good time?

if you think, baseraping is legit - please play singleplayer. you don´t care about others, so please leave others alone with your misguided education and tell your parents, that they failed in teaching you moral.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6608|Seattle

RDMC(2) wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Well....If you're team is stupid enough to not get out of the uncap, you deserved to be raped. Most scenario's you can spawn somewhere else and go and cap a flag with a different aproach.

Feel free to do it.
Thats theory is older than the fuckin dinosaurs..take fookin Wake Island..F35..owned by J-10..
Cobra -> Owned by Z-10..If not..Cobra- Owned by J-10..Blackhawk..well..do I need to go there..? Boats..? well same I guess..so the team is from now on stuck on the deck..Even when they all tried to get a flag..Only thing to do now is swimm..but even then your most likely to either receive a tank shell or be raped by the incoming Z-10 that has been informed by their commander on your location..
which is why the best strategy on that map is to get up in an F35 the moment you load and then rape the chinese airfield for the entire round. You're like captain america saving the day for all those bitches trying to cross the water.

baseraping is an incredibly powerful strategy, and with a jet, it could be the game's most powerful move. this is why you shouldnt be a dick about it, if u are in a j10 and u know they are harmless, then be sloppy. go for the AA, drop some bombs on them if they group up at a spawn. just DONT start timing spawns and being that systematic or you are just ruining the round by taking complete advantage of the the game's lack of balance.

but if u are in an f35 do not even think twice about shutting down that airfield. those teamswitching noobs do not deserve to fly and it is your responsibility to see that justice is done.

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

I find that it spoils the game.......I mean wheres the fun in bashing the other team to one flag ...usually an uncap then just point farming!!

and no matter how much skill you have 10 people surrounding a flag...no one will get out!

Its more fun playing the game than using it as a turkey shoot!
QFT

Baseraping is for assholes only. It is not about fun and challenge, a game should be about. Remember - it is stil a GAME!
Where is fairness and where is honour in this? Do you suck, when you get a real challenge? Do you immature Kiddies have to boost your crappy stats this way? If you are really l33t, switch sides and show the noobs,how to get out of a raping situation...

Would you tell your sister, it is her fault, when she gets raped? She could have stayed at home.....
..yes i know... it is a game... but why don´t you play it like a game, where most of the people should have a good time?
ok so u spawn in at the start of a round, run to a vehicle and start killing things. just playing the game. pretty soon, they have one base and you are continuing to just kil things at that base. where does normal play end and baseraping begin?

so long as both teams are actually exerting themselves, it is bound to happen when one team cant keep up.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-01-11 19:10:07)

Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6698|Kingswood Country
I always thought the concept of baserape was more about attacking the uncap (or at least the flag with assets), REGARDLESS of the match. Ie, people who would ignore their OWN team being capped out because they are busy blowing enemy assets, stabbing/teabagging an enemy commander or carpet bombing the enemy runway.

Baserape in the sense of attacking the last flag or uncap is not an issue - is can and will happen at some point and the clans I have played with will even practice fighting back out of a corner. In fact, forcing a team back into 1 flag is bloody difficult if there is even 1 decent squad of 3-4 players working together on assault, constantly keeping 1-2 flags alive. 

Maps like Wake are an obvious exception, where a decent commander and air force will keep the US pinned. But then the easiest way to get some balance back on a side-biased map is just to server auto-switch the teams so everyone gets a turn of the J-10.

The issue is more one of stacking up competent players on one side - while no-one wants to be on the losing team, experienced team players will quickly get sick of being on a team where everyone gives up assaulting and camps in their last uncap as a sniper, hoping to get at least 2-3 kills before the round finishes early. Result is, experienced players will often gravitate to a side where there are obvious squads at work (and often know the players if they are regularly online).

I suppose the kind of 'gameplay ethics' question is - given a choice between being in a game where you are on a vastly superior team or being in a game where you are on a team that is equal to the opposition - which do you pick? Is it more fun to sink the boot in for a 280-0 result, or more fun to arm wrestle over the map where the final ticket count is 3-0?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6368|Twyford, UK
Generally, baseraping is a Bad Thing. You're blasting a bunch of people getting their bearings, checking the map, aquiring a vehicle, waiting for passengers to get a bloody wiggle on, or taking off and getting the hell out of there. It's called raping for a reason.

If the base is cap-able, you should really try and actually TAKE it, instead of just bombing it or sitting outside like a lemon firing in. If your team won't work together enough to rush in and assault, then you're virtually cheating.
And if it's not the last flag, WTF? Go defend something, do your job.

If it's an uncap, then it should not be attacked unless they have been beaten down to it and are trying to break out. However, the best case there would not be to stat-pad, but go over to defense.

If BEING baseraped, if you cannot get out before being fragged or blown up, or cannot fight back and snatch a win on deaths instead of flag majority, it's partially your own fault.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6644|Gold coast, Aus.

RDMC(2) wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Well....If you're team is stupid enough to not get out of the uncap, you deserved to be raped. Most scenario's you can spawn somewhere else and go and cap a flag with a different aproach.

Feel free to do it.
Thats theory is older than the fuckin dinosaurs..take fookin Wake Island..F35..owned by J-10..
Cobra -> Owned by Z-10..If not..Cobra- Owned by J-10..Blackhawk..well..do I need to go there..? Boats..? well same I guess..so the team is from now on stuck on the deck..Even when they all tried to get a flag..Only thing to do now is swimm..but even then your most likely to either receive a tank shell or be raped by the incoming Z-10 that has been informed by their commander on your location..
Wake island is a stacked map. Don't play Wake, its always going to happen.....

But im not going to back off from a flag and let the enemy take it.

Try playing on a server with a guy called noob_mc_goob. He has a poor KDR but he is the best squad leader and nearly always wins for the americans on wake. But no clan will take him because of his KDR....Hmm, clans about teamwork are they?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

If it fires a projectile, i'll aim it at an uncap.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6763|England

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Commonly, a person has more than one place to spawn at. Say, on Sharqi. If I am in an Mi-28 with my buddy, and we keep killing the idiots respawning ontop of the TV station, I don't care. The TV station has the GROUND spawn point. They call it "Baseraping". I call it enemy idiocy.
cant argue with that
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6688|NT, like Mick Dundee

gene_pool wrote:

Feel free to do it.
Right on.

stryyker wrote:

If it fires a projectile, i'll aim it at an uncap.
That too...

Last edited by Flecco (2007-01-11 21:48:01)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6715|Calgary

gene_pool wrote:

Feel free to do it.
agree

Teams get base rapped cuz they don't worked together. lol.. I was on a server once, the entire team kept spawning as snipers....lol, very effective against armour.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6763|England

Croaker wrote:

I've been lurking in these forums for months now, but finally decided to register to offer a slightly different point of view on this particular thread.

The clan I am in started a BF2 server not too long ago and, in the beginning, we had it set so any flag could be attacked at any time. This included all of the uncaps. Within a couple of days, we saw some enormous swings in traffic. The server would build up and be at capacity, it would stay like that for a short while, and then all of a sudden it would be empty.

What we found was that allowing the uncaps to be attacked would result in baseraping the uncap. What would then happen would be the majority of the players on the team getting baseraped would leave the server. After that, the team doing the raping would also leave the server (I am assuming because of a drop in targets and the server not auto-balancing fast enough).

This meant that this server, that we pay a fair amount of money for each month, would sit empty quite often. As a group we discussed the situation and decided that even though we did not personally disagree with attacking any base at any time we needed to make a change to try to keep traffic up on the server. To do this we implemented the "No Attacking Uncaps" rule and admin it even though we do not fully support it. Since the change, our traffic on the server has been much more consistent.

I've heard the argument that if you don't like baseraping then play a different game, but the cold fact is that if a player does not like baseraping they will find another server that does not allow it.

This post is not to defend or attack baseraping or baserapers, but simply to offer one possible explanation as to why so many servers state in their rules that baseraping is not allowed and why so many admins will kick a player involved in baseraping from the server.
Somebody sees sense!
you honestly think 'noobs' will keep lining up at uncaps to be killed like little lemmings?
No! they WILL goto another server, your server will empty, half the baserapers will be autoswitched and be getting baseraped, so they disconnect too!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6645|Little Bentcock
Rape away, if you didn't get out you deserve it.
im_in_heaven
+27|6611
I think that baserapping is ok if its not at the beginning of the game like jets rush to the uncap and start bombing. To me thays bs. But if tis a while into the game and the team cant get a flag of lost them all then i think its fine. But raping with jets at beginning is no skill involved.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6368|Cali
Baseraping is a way of life... See it is simple like some wifes.. cant live with em cant live with out em.

when i say "em" i am refering to baserapers who do the baseraping.
im_in_heaven
+27|6611

UnknownRanger wrote:

Baseraping is a way of life... See it is simple like some wifes.. cant live with em cant live with out em.

No, im pretty sure i can live without them.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6701|In You Endo- Stoke
Baserapping sucks ass....

I don't mind it when its the last flag or raping is allowed on the server.But in general it takes very little effort for a plane to come flying past and lay bombs on the carrier.

Probally why i don't play alot of wake anymore and hate gulf of oman with a passion,i would rather have a fighting chance rather than getting screwed over all the time.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6644|Gold coast, Aus.

im_in_heaven wrote:

UnknownRanger wrote:

No, im pretty sure i can live without them.
So your going to tell me, out of 128 hours of chopper flying/gunning you have never base raped and enjoyed it?
im_in_heaven
+27|6611
of course i have i never said i didnt baserape. But i hate being baserapped and i WONT baserape if the other team has a flag. But at least a chopper can get shot down very easily but a jet yea right why even have AA
psH
Banned
+217|6406|Sydney

Andoura wrote:

Actually i think baseraping happen when your team is 2 noobish to cap a damn flag!!!!

The most baseraping for me happen in karkie and USMC cant cap a flag and we baserape them on their main spawnpoint (the 2 spawnpoint in front of hotel)... But this happen if your team is noobish and they dont go around to cap a flag they just try to kill us while we are baseraping them !!! and this will never solve the problem of ''caping a flag'' .......

Each time I baserape people start crying like babies and i say: Well if you can cap a damn flag this will not happen... and they STFU!!!!!

so baseraping = no flags....... i mean i will not stay at square waiting for them to cap hotel and come attack the square so i dont base rape them i like having 40 kills 2 deaths
Please tell me your kidding, when your getting raped in karkand, around the hotel, it is almost impossible to get anywhere, thanks to the tank and the APC  on the sides, respawning at the square doesn't make much difference, the tank keeps looking behind and in front to make sure there are no spec-ops, so therefore, it is almost impossible to win back a fair game with some faggot sitting there i mean cmon? just  one word, completly and utterly unfair, and taking NO skill what so-ever.
At least thats what i think.
roshambo14
+7|6475

Ekfud wrote:

I suppose the kind of 'gameplay ethics' question is - given a choice between being in a game where you are on a vastly superior team or being in a game where you are on a team that is equal to the opposition - which do you pick? Is it more fun to sink the boot in for a 280-0 result, or more fun to arm wrestle over the map where the final ticket count is 3-0?
Definitely more fun to get the 3-0 win.  Feels like you actually had to use some skill, instead of shooting fish in a barrel.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6696|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Base raping is a good thing and some of the USA team on Clean Sweep should be grateful that we have gone to them because half the time the shits can't even get off the main base, if it wasn't for us they wouldn't have nothing to do.

I love hiding on Dragon Valleys essex with an anti-tank waiting for victims to rush towards a newly spawned jet and the same applies to Omans mec base.

I play mostly in EA UK Multiplay # 3 server and the amount of times we get asked "is base raping allowed"? Is beyond belief. Just read the rules on the way in.  It says "NO Tk'ing, No rascist or abusive language".
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6629|Parainen, Finland
Baserape is ONLY acceptable after that all flags have been taken, because if the team really sucks that bad that they cant even keep one flag, then they deserve to die!!!!! That`s
why we have this rule on our server so that the other team should be better motivated to take flags instead of camping on the airfield...

And what is baserape???

Baseraping is in my opinion the situation when someone/whole team comes into a base and kills everyone that spawns...

If a plane/chopper just do one fly by and then leaves I think its ok, but if they start to circulate and keeps killing people then it is rape...

But on Wake Island it is important to unleash hell on the airfield so that the airplanes don´t get the chance to lift off!!!! Same goes for Kubra!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard