Poll

Do you believe in afterlife:

Yes, there is more to it than just the world we can see54%54% - 148
No, once you die its Game Over. You cease to exist.45%45% - 125
Total: 273
jet burned
Banned
+13|6618|Irving, Texas, USA
I have a very odd idea - we do become worm food.
However, those worms get eaten, and whatever ate it gets eaten, so on and so forth until you come to the top of the food chain - humans. The idea's alike to reincarnation. Our composition is carried up through the food chain until we arrive at the top and we sort of become apart of that human's conscience. Maybe we're the compilation of many awarenesses.
That could go on - say you become a part of a woman's conscience. While she's pregnant, maybe we become apart of the child's conscience. Now if one is consumed by a man (weird to say, but I don't know how else to say it) when he dies, we continue on through the food cycle until we become apart of a child's conscience. I'd say something different about the man, but it'll sound inappropriate and everyone will just make jokes.
This is just one of the many ideas I get about the possible results of death. I don't completely believe it, just consider it and entertain the idea. I had more added to this, but I accidentally pressed the back button while typing and it changed pages. I'll edit when I remember.
And if I started sounding retarded at the last part, I'm sorry - I just got done watching the presidential address and my IQ just dropped a few points from listening to Bush.
K, enough crackpot theories for now.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

jet burned wrote:

However, those worms get eaten, and whatever ate it gets eaten, so on and so forth until you come to the top of the food chain - humans. The idea's alike to reincarnation. Our composition is carried up through the food chain until we arrive at the top and we sort of become apart of that human's conscience. Maybe we're the compilation of many awarenesses.
That could go on - say you become a part of a woman's conscience. While she's pregnant, maybe we become apart of the child's conscience. Now if one is consumed by a man (weird to say, but I don't know how else to say it) when he dies, we continue on through the food cycle until we become apart of a child's conscience. I'd say something different about the man, but it'll sound inappropriate and everyone will just make jokes.
This is just one of the many ideas I get about the possible results of death. I don't completely believe it, just consider it and entertain the idea. I had more added to this, but I accidentally pressed the back button while typing and it changed pages. I'll edit when I remember.
Hmm... but then, for each creature within that chain, most of their food is only going to end up coming out of the other end... So, for the most part, we'd just end up in shit...

jet burned wrote:

And if I started sounding retarded at the last part, I'm sorry - I just got done watching the presidential address and my IQ just dropped a few points from listening to Bush.
<*watching tape of jet burned typing post*>
If you slow the tape down, you can actually see his IQ drop - right about.... .... there! - just when he types "I just got done"...

DemonAlucard
+2|6466|Laredo,Texas USA
you know... i think there is nothing after death...but instead of thinking about it everyday...its best that you live your life at the fullest and when you are at least 90 years old...then you can start thinking if there is life after death. if not you will have a psychological meltdown if you keep trying to comprehend how it feels to not feel being dead. ( i hope that little sentence made sense to some people )
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6473|Purdue

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't know, i guess i'll just have to wait and see. Honestly, i have no idea. Can't even comprehend it to be honest.
Agree
jet burned
Banned

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

jet burned wrote:

Hmm... but then, for each creature within that chain, most of their food is only going to end up coming out of the other end... So, for the most part, we'd just end up in shit...

jet burned wrote:

<*watching tape of jet burned typing post*>
If you slow the tape down, you can actually see his IQ drop - right about.... .... there! - just when he types "I just got done"...

Nutrients are absorbed into the bodies and become a part of it. I guess these nutrients might eventually be scrapped, however there are the creatures who consume this 'shit' ... and then there's the creatures that eat them ... actually it might just be a whole circle if your right about being worthless crap.  Its a circle either way I suppose. Thanks for the relief; one less thing to think about.

Of course, I wasn't being literal. But come on - the guy says some retarded stuff (i.e. the sunnis and the shi'ites want to live in peace). I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure if its the same for ordinary muslims (since non-extremist muslims are actually very tollerant of other religions) as it is for extremist, but these two major groups of Islam loathe each other. That's one of the problems for Iraq right now - Sunni controlled government with a Shi'ite majority. Very bad mix any way that goes. You probably already knew that, I was just citing an example, one of the many might I add.
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6528|Carlsbad, CA, USA

WHY EVEN POST? IT IS DARWIN AGAINST RELIGION AGAIN, WHO WINS? THE PEOPLE WITH THE MONEY, what a surprise! dirty catholicism, dirty judaism, and the dirty evangelic, might as well play the lottery people!
-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6528|Carlsbad, CA, USA

NO FRICKETY NO! ok?
jet burned
Banned

DemonAlucard wrote:

you know... i think there is nothing after death...but instead of thinking about it everyday...its best that you live your life at the fullest and when you are at least 90 years old...then you can start thinking if there is life after death. if not you will have a psychological meltdown if you keep trying to comprehend how it feels to not feel being dead. ( i hope that little sentence made sense to some people )
I adore your thought. Your absolutely right. We should do the most we can in the time we have instead of wasting our minimal time here. Thank you for reminding me, I'm so grateful. Though, there is the time to wonder while your bored with absolutely nothing to do, might I add. Karma to you either way.
Marine_fighter77
+20|6348
yeh i talked to this one with my friend and we both belive that there is ... we also thought the personality's that we have now are the personalitys that we did have in the life before and that u are somone in there after life but u dont knwo it u think ur "you" - (complicated what i just said huh") and cant w8 till i see what happens when im dead very good thread +1
power9787
+10|6574
yes, kind believe in afterlife
even if i am only about 60-65% atheist and 35to40% buddhist and chinese traditiona;
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6664|Colorado
yes.
power9787
+10|6574
let just see what happens when we die
i don't exactly know, but they mostly likely are recarnination of people to different things and life like a dog

just wait and let death come
by the way we just small atoms working together as one molecules and cells
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

-=CB=-krazykarl wrote:

WHY EVEN POST? IT IS DARWIN AGAINST RELIGION AGAIN, WHO WINS? THE PEOPLE WITH THE MONEY, what a surprise! dirty catholicism, dirty judaism, and the dirty evangelic, might as well play the lottery people!
Darwin has nothing to do with the concept of afterlife.  Religion just provides a packaged statement about the concept of afterlife.

I am glad that the majority here (or so it seems) accept that dirty money is involved.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6437|The Land of Scott Walker
Of course Darwin does not address the afterlife, his theory was about development of life on earth, not what happens in the afterlife.  For the discussion of the afterlife, one needs religion and philosophy.  Evolution is not a logic explanation of our origins, let alone our eternal destiny.  Money is even further removed from any conversation regarding eternal destiny.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Still undecided.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

Superior Mind wrote:

Still undecided.
At least you have given some time thinking about the topic.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Nope.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Wow, that many people really voted yes? Really? Wow.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5970|Blue Mountain State
Nope.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida
Yes.

Life goes on after you die.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Where's the "I don't know" option?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
I believe there is a soul and it exists after the physical body ceases to function.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

where does the soul go? what is this soul? what is it comprised of?  Seems like an absurd belief to me.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
I'm sure you have beliefs that I think are absurd.

Each to their own.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

When you sneeze, thats the soul trying to escape. Saying god bless you, crams it back in!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard