unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

This is by far my biggest beef with BF2: I've flown countless transport chopper games that've resulted in wins by sheer virtue of my dropping squads off at flags, flying off, then coming around to pick them up after it's taken. Unfortunately, most of these games end with less than five points total for me, the transport pilot. So, to encourage the more realistic touch-and-go nature of clunky beetle-like choppers (as opposed to hovering two feet above a flag pole, waiting for a rocket to smash into you), I've thought of a couple alternatives (in any combination, or just individually) that wouldn't alter the game's functionality in any extreme manner:

• Option 1: Give a a transport pilot a team point for every minute or two spent carting one or more people around the map.
  • Option 2: Give a pilot one-point neutralization/capture assists for flags taken by people one-minute off your Crash Hawk.
  • Option 3: Finish rendering transport choppers worthless by taking out the seats and replacing them with confetti launchers. LAAAWN DAAART!!
Spiers.ckz
+10|6549
the warm feeling you get inside for helping your team should be enough.

For some reason i dont like this tactic, so i dont mind that the pilot doesnt get more points. If ur really mad about u can switch seats between the flags with someone.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

Spiers.ckz wrote:

the warm feeling you get inside for helping your team should be enough.

For some reason i dont like this tactic, so i dont mind that the pilot doesnt get more points. If ur really mad about u can switch seats between the flags with someone.
*hops out of the chopper and yells "WAIT FOR ME GUYS! I wanna help! Someone wanna go guard the chopper?"*

Seriously, it would actually help reduce the frequency of touch n' go transport captures (by virtue of a short trip back to pick up your guys) by giving the pilot the potion of getting the hell out of Dodge (while still possibly getting a point to go with that nice warm fuzzy feeling).
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6424|Alberta, Canada
You know... In Joint Operations, after you drive a vehicle with people in it for a certain length of time, if they hop out, and eventually kill someone, you get a bonus point.

That'd be nice in BF2.
[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=-
+21|6382|None ya

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

You know... In Joint Operations, after you drive a vehicle with people in it for a certain length of time, if they hop out, and eventually kill someone, you get a bonus point.

That'd be nice in BF2.
Yeah I'd go with that too. I would also like it that the passanger in a chopper can help neutralize a base and get a global point for it
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6423|dm_maidenhead

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Option 1: Give a a transport pilot a team point for every minute or two spent carting one or more people around the map.
That would be a stat-padders dream. Imagine a game just full of people driving round with passengers, no fighting and then just switching seats every so often with uber team points.
Trust me it would never work.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

petermassingale wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Option 1: Give a a transport pilot a team point for every minute or two spent carting one or more people around the map.
That would be a stat-padders dream. Imagine a game just full of people driving round with passengers, no fighting and then just switching seats every so often with uber team points.
Trust me it would never work.
Dream? Um...say a match lasts thirty minutes. What would that come to, around 20 team points? Stat padding? Tph. I think not, silly-brains.

You'd get far more by carpeting the terrain with medic bags and spam-reviving people.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-07 23:08:07)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

[Spec]-=Colonel_Zero=- wrote:

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

That'd be nice in BF2.
Yeah I'd go with that too.
Something like that'd do, too.

Face it. Transport piloting is such an underdeveloped and overnerfed feature in this game. An attack chopper pilot can get an obscene amount of team points ala 'Gunnerz Gone Wild,' so why do people object to suggestions for improving a 'wheelman's' score?

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-07 23:10:23)

elmo1337
Banned
+186|6580|The real world

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

This is by far my biggest beef with BF2: I've flown countless transport chopper games that've resulted in wins by sheer virtue of my dropping squads off at flags, flying off, then coming around to pick them up after it's taken. Unfortunately, most of these games end with less than five points total for me, the transport pilot. So, to encourage the more realistic touch-and-go nature of clunky beetle-like choppers (as opposed to hovering two feet above a flag pole, waiting for a rocket to smash into you), I've thought of a couple alternatives (in any combination, or just individually) that wouldn't alter the game's functionality in any extreme manner:

• Option 1: Give a a transport pilot a team point for every minute or two spent carting one or more people around the map.
  • Option 2: Give a pilot one-point neutralization/capture assists for flags taken by people one-minute off your Crash Hawk.
  • Option 3: Finish rendering transport choppers worthless by taking out the seats and replacing them with confetti launchers. LAAAWN DAAART!!
GG you fly in the hawks
Skorpy-chan
+127|6366|Twyford, UK
Why not do such for the ground vehicles, too? Compensate somewhat for the way hummvees and the MEC vans attract grenades, rockets, attack choppers, machinegun fire, cannon rounds, and the like, and enable you to drive off and do something else.
zero_x830
+5|6445|Netherlands
i mostly go to 400 feet, then make a squad called paradrop and then people can enjoy the exotic sight before while they are falling to hell and pulling the cord of the chute a million times before it opens (some people press 9 a million time before it opens, if i do i gotta wait like 0.8 seconds before it opens)

Last edited by zero_x830 (2007-01-10 12:10:07)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6366|Twyford, UK
Necromancer!

Yes, bus drivers should get bonus points. And also, I REALLY want a goddamn handbrake.
SlyFox
+4|6681|Australia, Adelaide
The concept that every action deserving of a 'point' should be somehow be recognised is a big ask.

If you want a game where everything has an economy, and everyone gets their share of points and the like go play WOW.

Just enjoy yourself, enjoy actual game play.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6481|UK

SlyFox wrote:

The concept that every action deserving of a 'point' should be somehow be recognised is a big ask.

If you want a game where everything has an economy, and everyone gets their share of points and the like go play WOW.

Just enjoy yourself, enjoy actual game play.
Very nice post, well most people don't do the transport chopper pilot thingy due to the simple fact of little to no points maybe adding this might improve teamwork.
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6433|Michigan, USA

Just wanted to mention, wow, what a revive.
BlueWater
+0|6698|Washington D.C.
I couldnt agree more.  The point schema for BF2 encourages TKing for key vehicles but punishes team players who are actually trying to help the team with giving them minimal to zero points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard