gearpig
+6|6778|SoCal
Navy SEAL Special Service Medal - 4,500h Total time played (Seals)

SAS Special Service Medal - 4,500h Total time played (SAS)

SPETZ Special Service Medal - 4,500h Total time played (SPETZNAS)

MECSF Special Service Medal - 4,500h Total time played (MECSF)

Rebel Special Service Medal - 4,500h Total time played (Rebel)

Insurgent Special Service Medal - 4,500h Total time played (Insurgent)

That's 27,000h total play time to get all 6 medals.

That = 1,125 days = 3 years & 30 days of playing nonstop 24 hours a day!!! Not counting load times or time to work, eat, sh!t, sleep, or otherwise exist outside the EA world.

ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6758|In your head
This has been raised before but yes that is way too unreal......they might as well start charging us to play on the damn internet!
=DBD=TITAN126
+5|6800
The requirements will probably be lowered in a future patch, like they were in 1.03.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6760|St. Paul, MN
They will change them eventually. My theory is that they set them high on purpose so that no one will get one until they can monitor and survey how many hours on average people play; so they can set reasonable and accurate gametime requirement in a later update. sounds logical?
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6762|I'm worldwide, beotch
Sounds completely logical... why is no one else THINKING before they complain?
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6813|Barrington, RI

Aegis wrote:

Sounds completely logical... why is no one else THINKING before they complain?
Thinking takes too much brain power for some people.
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6747|Rochester, NY
I think the current Navy Cross, Golden Schmtar and People's Medallion is hard to get...
Aegis
Sailor with no BF2 Navy
+19|6762|I'm worldwide, beotch
I want a damn Medal of Honor in this game. I don't know how it would be earned, but would that not be the shit to have that?
Slugger(S)
1337 Kn1fe Skills
+0|6741|Alabama
Knowing EA they will probably lower the time of the medals when they come out with a new patch just like patch 1.03
[TA]Casket
+0|6740

BlackLegion42 wrote:

I think the current Navy Cross, Golden Schmtar and People's Medallion is hard to get...
No they aren't.  I have the Golden Scimitar, the People's Medallion and am about 12 to 13 hours from getting the Navy Cross.  They aren't that hard, but do take ALOT of time to play.  750 Hours in game just to get those three.  THey probably should drop the requirement about best round score 100 times as each if its still there, cause that is pretty tough.  If someone has 250 hours and 500 wins as a particular army, they should get the damn medal. 

You guys might check this out, but I had 4 of my friends all check and their's is the same as mine.  If you open up the Medal_data.py in the SF folder, ALL the lines of code for ALL those medals is remmed out.  You will NEVER get those.  The code for ALL the Army Service ribbons (SAS, NAVY SEAL, etc.....) is also remmed out.  You will not be getting those anytime soon either.  I got the Crew Service, Helo Service and Armor Service ribbons in SF, and sure enough, they aren't remmed out, but almost all the others are.  This appears to have happened with the 1.12 patch, so I think EA knows the reqs are a little out there, so I would expect another patch soon.  If anyone has any of the Army Service ribbons, please tell me how you got them.  I have almost 20 hours as Navy Seal and SAS and a 52 win 7 loss record on those and still haven't gotten them. 

I am pretty sure this issue will be patched soon, but then again, this IS EA we're talking about.

just my $.02
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6772|United States of America
MY question is... how the hell are we going to get an aviator ribbon on SF if there are no jets to fly?
CrunkAsHell
+0|6850|Canada
HA I just checked the medal_data.py and it seems there's a Night Vision Usage medal, 900 hours used with NVG. :Z
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6781|Dallas
HAHA, I did the math the other day and it will take me 8,932 years to get the Rebal Service Medal.

THATS 8 MILLENIUMS!!!!
ThreeFeathers
+0|6736
I was curious about earning these medals myself and did a little math on my normal playing time a week.  Currently it would take me 5.8 years to earn one of these medals if I coulds somehow manage to play the same army each time.  To earn them all would be 12 years.

Last edited by ThreeFeathers (2005-12-08 19:31:15)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6737|California

patch will change it, one of my buddies asked a couple of days ago
DRB_Black
+0|6731|Sacramento, California
Hell, you guys should not feel bad, I can't even get enough kills in a round for a veteran combat badge.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6753|Salt Lake City

DRB_Black wrote:

Hell, you guys should not feel bad, I can't even get enough kills in a round for a veteran combat badge.
LOL...I noticed your sig.  Dude, you don't suck, the politically correct term is "scoring challenged". 
sleepy127
+4|6755

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

DRB_Black wrote:

LOL...I noticed your sig.  Dude, you don't suck, the politically correct term is "scoring challenged". 
Do you play on a lot of clan servers against clan members? I try not to play on those, they will always work together as a team more than the mixed group that comes in to play them.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6753|Salt Lake City

sleepy127 wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

DRB_Black wrote:

Do you play on a lot of clan servers against clan members? I try not to play on those, they will always work together as a team more than the mixed group that comes in to play them.
No, I try to avoid clan servers when I can.  Not so much because they play together better, but because they tend to whiny, sore losers.  Just the other night I joined a clan run server on Sharqi.  There was an LAV spawn camping the flag, from map orientation, that resides in lower right hand corner (32 palyers); it sort of looks like a hotel and has a small wall around it.  I spawned in the building across the street as a medic.  I shot the guy that was the gunner in the LAV, and then something killed me.  I re-spawned as AT to deal with the LAV and saw a guy on the back side of the building.  Shot a rocket at him and missed.  There was one of my team guarding the flag, and I saw the other team's player go over the wall and take out my player.  I moved to the DAO and went over to defend and took out the other player.  Next thing I know it is kicking me with a message that I have been banned for excessive team kills.  I only saw one member of my team, and watched the opposing team player that killed him.  I think I killed the admin, so he retaliates by kicking.

And no they weren't making room for other clan members.  The server was set to 40 people and there were only about 21-22 people on it at the time.  I can only assume if this was some kind of clan match or practice that they would have passworded the server during that time.
GeneralReedy
+0|6706|United Kingdom

Miller wrote:

MY question is... how the hell are we going to get an aviator ribbon on SF if there are no jets to fly?
open BF2:SF - look at your favourite servers, play in a BF2 server then you should get it
TC><Injecter
+4|6845|Berlin, Germany
It then starts normal BF2 xD
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6824

TC><Injecter wrote:

It then starts normal BF2 xD
Exactly. Try it. You'll be surprised...I got my flashbang-badge while playing on a bf2 server, starting the game through SF. It works, even though it changes to BF2.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6806|Singapore

haxx0rs.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6758|In your head
I think I am going to try that tonight.....if it works I shall let you know.
BHING KING
+0|6708
it doesnt. you cant get aviator even through BF2. It is literally impossible to get 
also, who the hell would use night vision goggles for that long, and if tehre is a medla for that then why is it not in the stats? EA put every other award there, even aviator which as i said is impossible to get. And 900 hours with NVG is improbable but still possible so why did they not add it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard