Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

http://www.shoutfile.com/v/gsfsscpr/y_p … are_stupid

I know we have a lot of Americans on these forums, so what do you guys make of this?
I think its very stereotypical and only reinforces the view for some people that it may actually be true
commissargizz
+123|6455| Heaven
LOL seen loads like that before
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6380|USA, MICHIGAN
yes it's true, there are stupid people here in the STATES, but there are stupid everywhere, right??
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6414|San Antonio, TX
Wow.. that's embarrassing!  (And some of it was filmed right here in San Antonio in front of the Alamo).  Sadly it's not far from the truth, Jay Leno does something similar, he goes out on the street and asks current event questions and people are ignorant.

Please do take into consideration though, that they probably edited out the people who got it right (that's just not as funny).

Were people really putting push pins in Australia just because it was labeled as N/S Korea!?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

silo1180 wrote:

Please do take into consideration though, that they probably edited out the people who got it right (that's just not as funny).

Were people really putting push pins in Australia just because it was labeled as N/S Korea!?
Yea, we all know the media twist things. But the amount of people was unbelievable! Berlin Wall....KFC....the clues in the name ffs!

Its worrying, but at the same time we all know that *most* of y'all aint that bad
Capt_Flapjack
+12|6746|Kansas City, MO, USA
Thats not really representative of all Americans, since they might have (and probably did) edit out all the correct answers.  I personally can answer every question minus the coalition of the willing one without even thinking.  A lot of Americans are fat, dumb, and happy.  Its true.
CC-Marley
+407|6820
Blah,Blah blahed. Lots of cutting and pasting. Easy to make any nation look dumb.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2007-01-08 13:49:23)

D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6624|Sin City

Please.....that was typical editing at it's best. Someone should ask that prick "If it wasn't for the U.S., what language would you be doing this interview in?"------------->GERMAN. That's right bitch.
Smoke_Deez
+8|6378

hate&discontent wrote:

yes it's true, there are stupid people here in the STATES, but there are stupid everywhere, right??
Exactly.  These people are definitely not actors, but there is most certainly people like this in every country around the world.  I wouldn't say these people represent the intelligence of people in the U.S.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6635

pathetic...
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6388|Indianapolis, IN

CC-Marley wrote:

Blah,Blah blahed. Lots of cutting and pasting. Easy to make any nation look dumb.
I agree, I'm sure they had a few people in there that blatantly proved their accusations wrong, but the part when they put the pin on the country (Australia) some of the questions were so frigging' easy I feel bad for the ppl who messed them up.
brome
brap.
+244|6579|Accidental, TK

CC-Marley wrote:

Fair point.  But has anyone done anything similar for another country? I'm not saying Americans are stupid or anything - that's probably heavily twisted.  In a country where you can go for hundreds of miles without meeting anyone that isn't American it's not surprising that a lot of those people know fuck all about the rest of the world.  I suppose one advantage of being a little island is that we're always interacting with other countries - we have to.  And it's very easy to get to any of the other European countries quickly.  So I imagine people in Britain would know more about Europe than some people in the USA would know about the Americas. Add to that how we're forever force-fed American culture and American news.  Fair enough, you run the show
/my-country-is-better-than-yours

Last edited by brome (2007-01-08 14:01:12)

ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6471
Tune in for the next exciting episode of "My country is better than America: Ethnocentricity at its finest"
LoonykStephane
+34|6528|Kingston,Ontario,Canada

D6717C wrote:

Please.....that was typical editing at it's best. Someone should ask that prick "If it wasn't for the U.S., what language would you be doing this interview in?"------------->GERMAN. That's right bitch.
The U.S.A always bought victory...the Vietnam was not to sale...you guy's got pwnd. And you take the WW2 victory as a U.S Victory???...How many country was in the allied coalition at that time!!!

DC6717C: Take the credit for all... your just a derivate product of unwanted England citizen !!!

Last edited by LoonykStephane (2007-01-08 14:12:08)

LockerFish
+47|6697

LoonykStephane wrote:

D6717C wrote:

The U.S.A always bought victory...the Vietnam was not to sale...you guy's got pwnd. And you take the WW2 victory as a U.S Victory???...How many country was in the allied coalition at that time!!!

DC6717C: Take the credit for all... your just a derivate product of unwanted England citizen !!!
Except for the people that came from African countries, Europe, and Asia later on. Let's stop bringing up the Revolutionary War and Colonies, k? That's like saying everyone from Australia is a convict. Get your facts straight please. We're not all ignorant.
LoonykStephane
+34|6528|Kingston,Ontario,Canada

brome wrote:

... there's a kingston near where I live
And what country are you in???
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6366|Florida, USA
I wonder how many smart people they had to cut out?
commissargizz
+123|6455| Heaven
Mr.D6717C please tell me what language you speak. ENGLISH. hehehehehehe you weren't on the video were you?

Stereotypical bull if you ask me. I remember watching an episode of University Challenge where the best US team played against the best UK team, it was such an embarrassment we got trounced terribly.

Americans have some the stupidest but also the brainiest people.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6374|California

CC-Marley wrote:

Thats true, but it shows how many ignorant people can be found, hopefully it's the minority, I've yet to find anyone THAT ignorant.

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2007-01-08 14:30:16)

nonexistentusmc
+26|6437|Queens, NYC
I agree the United States does have some stupid people. And I guess you can blame it on the education system, I'm a US citizen but I didn't attend any school here except college. My younger brother though is going through school here and I find that the teaching staff and curriculum aren't at all being enforced to the highest level. I know way too many students in my college who can't spell simple words, and they are in college. I mean come on, spelling should be basic for everyone, especially now in the world of internet where you type a ton. Another reason is the fact that everyone in the United States has a false impression that we are on top of everything. Sure it's a powerful nation, but I'm pretty sure it'll fall just as big as it is, like the Roman Empire. Every time I see people that aren't where they should be book smart wise, I feel like joining the ranks of the U.S. Armed Forces was the wrong decision. It needs to be point out to a lot of United States citizens that you need to work hard to get somewhere. All this social promotion BS is what it is... BS! And true, I may not be talking about the current population, but our future (our youth) sure are lagging behind.

That's just from my experience, I'm sure we've all had different. Also, I don't hate the U.S. but I do feel that we need to have some changes, especially towards public education.

Just my 2 cents. Oorah!
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6740|Mark it zero.

nonexistentusmc wrote:

And I guess you can blame it on the education system, I'm a US citizen but I didn't attend any school here except college. My younger brother though is going through school here and I find that the teaching staff and curriculum aren't at all being enforced to the highest level. I know way too many students in my college who can't spell simple words, and they are in college.
i've lived here in the USA my whole life and i do agree with this. i know people that have moved here from other countries and the things they learned in like 3rd or 4th grade, i was finally learning in like 9th or 10th. our education level is quite low compared to most other countries.
arson
+99|6628|New York
I'm sure that one could find the same thing on your and everyone else's country if they were bored enough to look.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6374|California
I agree, the education system here in the U.S. is really bad, I graduated High School in El Salvador, I had 15 subjects to learn including: Math, English, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History (Both US & British), P.E., Technology, Art, Geography, Business, etc. etc. Whilst here they have about 7... However the lack of subjects doesn't mean they will become dumb because of it, take my step brother for example, he's very bright, he did study over in El Salvador with me in the 1st grade .

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2007-01-08 14:52:23)

D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6624|Sin City

LoonykStephane wrote:

D6717C wrote:

I'm not saying WWII was a U.S. victory at all. But without U.S. intervention, I believe the outcome would have at the very least taken MUCH longer, and cost England many more lives.  But it pisses me off to see some ass-hat do a story like that, because we all know the average american is not that stupid. Neither is the average Brit. I could take a camera around England looking for morons, and by the end of the day have the same type of video. That doesn't mean that the British are idiots, or anyone else for that matter. That is a perfect example of how the media both in England and the U.S. is such a joke any more.
Dusk_X2
+6|6683|Kansas
The answer is easy. They filmed it in the South. Loads of dumb-asses in the South. I hate the South. Lincoln should've kicked their butts, freed the slaves, then let them secede.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard