-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6726|Cardiff, Wales
Did a search, and was surprised to get no results on this: SPORE!

Spore, looks set to be one of the most innovative games of the year for the PC

A game developed by Will Wright, a legend in the PC development industry

His vision is almighty, a game where you can control your creature from the bottom of the pool of life as a single celled creature, to dominating entire UNIVERSES!

Check out the fansite: http://www.spore-game.net/SMF/index.php?www
FSFGrimes
+1|6711
The game does look good and inventive. Always leave it to Will Wright to come up with something totally addictive and fresh.
McBondi
+0|6616
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … mp;q=spore

Seems innovative (read: weird) enough to start a hype.
-=256=-Evo_Wales
The New Evolution in gaming...
+14|6726|Cardiff, Wales
Latest:

Job listing reveals Will Wright's eagerly awaited biosphere-civilization sim will come to unnamed portables.

With nearly 60 million copies sold across all platforms, there's no question that the Sims is one of the most popular franchises in gaming. Given its success, it only made sense for its publisher, Electronic Arts to bring the PC-centric series to every other device possible. Last fall, the company released the Sims 2 on all current-generation consoles and handhelds, including the DS, PSP, and Game Boy Advance.

Given that precedent, it should come as little surprise that EA is also planning to bring Spore, the next game from Sims creator Will Wright, to handhelds as well. That plan was confirmed by a recent job posting on the GameDev.net for a "Handheld Designer: SPORE" position.

"Located in beautiful Emeryville, CA," read the ad, "the Spore team is looking for an experienced designer that will be responsible for designing, creating and maintaining game systems and content for SPORE Handheld titles." The lucky recipient of the job will be asked to "drive vision and design for both internal and external design teams for launch of handheld titles for SPORE."

While the job listing laid out its requirements for candidates in extensive detail--anyone without "previous experience as a design lead" and less than five years' experience need not apply--it did not mention any specific platforms for a portable Spore. No version of the game has a concrete release date, but GameSpot's E3 2005 Impressions has more details on the PC edition.
Taken from GameSpot
Jackabo
+127|6528|Dublin, Ireland
I think it kinda looks a bit childish!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
This needs to be merged with. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=29226
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

Think of it as Ascendancy 2, only on a larger scale.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

X-Ecuti0ner wrote:

Err... So do the zelda games and those are very good. So does TF:2 for that matter... Still want it though, I think it looks great.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
wow this game is amazing. You can create an entire GALAXY to you liking. Wow imagine going from a one celled orginsm to manipulating millions of planets.

edit: this looks like the kind of game you could spend 10 years playing.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-01-07 18:46:57)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Imagine the amount of things they will fuck up hard.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

stryyker wrote:

Imagine the amount of things they will fuck up hard.
Nope, because even EA bows to Will Wright. The Sims (although not my style of game) is a very clean game, and one of the best selling game franchises of all time.

Spore is going to kick some major ass.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard