n00b.Worx
+44|6731|West Berlin!
The question is simple and you can read it in the subject:

What would you recommend me to unlock? Please answer if you have both unlocks, it´s just better if u have some experience with the guns.^^
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6718|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
i prefer the pkm, same amount of ammo with a higher damage per shot.  The mg36 is alright, faster rate of fire, but i kill more peeps with the pkm
The Soup Nazi
+18|6792|North Lauderdale, FL
i seem to have a lot better accuracy with the MG36 than the PKM or M249.  although in CQC i find myself dead quickly against enemies with guns which have better accuracy.

my all-around favorite gun in the game is the medic's G36E.  not entirely worthless in CQC and quite accurate at a distance.
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6764|Rotherham, England
1 slight problem, you can't unlock the mg36 until you have unlocked the PKM anyways, so there you go question answered you dont have a choice. Special forces unlocks can only be unlocked when the batllefield 2 original unlocks for that particular class are unlocked.
e.g no mg36 without pkm, no f2000 without g3, no g36e without l85a1, etc...
n00b.Worx
+44|6731|West Berlin!
Ok thanks for your opinions, now a real Off-Topic:

Could you give me a help for the Armored Service Ribbon...? I can´t get that piece of s****

I think it´s a problem of time. 20 minutes are a little bit too much... I tried as commander in a 64-Server but it´s always the same. Round ends. No ribbon.

Thanks. [And more opinions about main topic please!]
n00b.Worx
+44|6731|West Berlin!

mjw wrote:

1 slight problem, you can't unlock the mg36 until you have unlocked the PKM anyways, so there you go question answered you dont have a choice. Special forces unlocks can only be unlocked when the batllefield 2 original unlocks for that particular class are unlocked.
Oh holy shit!!You´re damn right.

Ok. No MG36...

F****

Last edited by n00b.Worx (2006-01-02 17:02:08)

OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6841
Ehm... you can't unlock the MG36 before you unlocked the PKM...
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6725|The Netherlands
Maybe a big server with few players on it and loads of tickets so the round will go on for ages?
MB.nZ
+86|6779|New Zealand
lol, cant remember that I had to unlock that little piece of outta fucken crap called L85A1?

Last edited by MB.nZ (2006-01-02 17:12:28)

mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6764|Rotherham, England
try a 64 map size, with 20-32 players on kubra dam or karkand and you should have that pesky armoured service ribbon quicker than you think.
Hiei987
+20|6697
PKM is way better. If feels like MG36's bullets are made of plastic...
=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6772|Canader , eh?

n00b.Worx wrote:

mjw wrote:

Ok. No MG36...

F****
if you have SF you will get two unlocks...first you can unlock the PKM and after you can unlock the MG36
all the info is here...scroll down to mid-page http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=7592

Last edited by =RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn (2006-01-03 04:19:13)

n00b.Worx
+44|6731|West Berlin!

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

n00b.Worx wrote:

mjw wrote:

Ok. No MG36...

F****
if you have SF you will get two unlocks...first you can unlock the PKM and after you can unlock the MG36
all the info is here...scroll down to mid-page http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=7592
I know, but i wanted to unlock a combination of MG36/PKM & Sniper rifle. Well, it seems like I first have to unlock both MG´s...
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6849|Germany / Saxony
For some reason in BF2 I only use MG36 and in SF I only use PKM...
MG36 is better at longer range, which is more in BF2. In SF there is mostly CQC, so the PKM is better, but lacks at accuracy at longer ranges. The MG36 dosen´t, it´s quite accurate.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Rus_78_Region
+0|6705|St.-Petersburg, Russia
PKM is better.. but MG36 heats longer... so... it's u're own choise man
Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6791
It depends what your comfortable with, I take the PKM nearly all the time as support, as I feel quite skilled with it.  I can usually take people down at long ranges or just saturate an area with heavy rounds which helps to keep people back, but I prefer the PKM overall.  I dont know why, I think its just a better weapon.
SdKfz7
+0|6709
PKM 7.62x54R, G36 5.56x45
I preferred PKM !! It use the same bullet as Russian Mosin-Nagant rifle ... what do you think?
blackcracka
+18|6775
IF YOu're really good at support.. the mg36 is the best.. if you just like to camp halls and spawn camp then the pkm is all you need!!!!
chavr
+0|6696
In hindsight I wish I could get rid of both of them.  I just can't use support that well.  Course I'm normally a sniper so spray and pray isn't my main focus but I was a SAW gunner for real for a year and I can tell you from experience that teh SAW is way more accurate then the game has when prone.  Heck I can offhand short distances way better then the game has it and it's frustrating to know what should be and what is.

I'd say that if you have to have a support go with the PKM.  The slower rate of fire lends it to be more accurate and the harder hitting is nice.  The G36 throws out the rounds but your firing in a rather large cone with bullets just going everywhere.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6750|Houston, TX
PKM, all the way.  More damage, firing in short bursts keeps the accuracy in check (comparably), and nothing even comes close to the feeling of chewing through a squad or two with the accompanied sound of the PKM.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
PKM is a hell lot better
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
deject
Got His War On
+37|6779|Golden, CO
Personally I prefer the better accuracy and the ability to shoot off 2/3of a magazine of ammo without overheating of the MG36.  The PKM is definetly a really good weapon, definetly better than the standard MGs, but I prefer the higher accuracy.

And as for the L85A1, single fire + scope = total ownage at anything medium to long range

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard