Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands
Only about 200 points to 8,000/next unlock and i need some good advise witch unlock to choose next.

I ve allready got the g3, f2000, l85, g36e, g36c and the m95 and i wont get a new unlock untill 20,000 point. According to my stats, that ll take another 64 days or so.

I could use some extra short range firepower in maps like the iron gator so i was thinking of getting the dao but i m not sure yet.

I can unlock the scarl, jackhammer, pkm or the dao. So my question is: what unlock would u pick and why?

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-14 05:35:13)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6735|Singapore
I suggest u pick the Dao. its very good in close combat
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6740|Finland
DAO is the way to go !
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6710|Germany
Well, of course it depends on what kit you like playing the most...so what i can tell you is only my opinion and may differ from other people...
If you want something for short range combat, the DAO should be the perfect choice for you ; good sized magazine and and if you´re not a total noob when it comes to aiming you can shoot people even if they are more 5 m. away...and if they are futher away you still have the most powerful " sniping rifle " ever invented!
The SCAR L is not bad either if you like being a spec ops. I like it a lot.
Don´t like the Jackhammer though. The magazine is much to small, pull the trigger for a second and it´s gone and reloading takes a while....
Never tried the PKM, still pretty satisfied with my SAW, if you know how to handle it....
Echo
WOoKie
Well i ve tried out that scarl in sf but it doesnt seem to agree with me, lol. I like the g36c better so i m prob gonna stick with that. I play alot as a spec ops, assault and medic and i allready got the unlocks for those kits.

About the pkm, in wiki it says, its as accurate as the other lmg's, only thing is, its more powerfull but i dont play alot of support. I did some research before i made this post on the dao vs jackhammer and the majority of ppl seem to like the dao better as a close range shotgun.

I m prob gonna go for the dao but lets wait and see what other ppl have to say about it.

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-14 09:02:34)

Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6727
You need the DAO. After that, I would go for the MG36.
Echo
WOoKie
I havent got the pkm so unlocking the mg36 after the dao is a bit of a problem matey.

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-14 08:16:39)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6728|Debris From Space
The JackHammer is a faithful companion, but i wish i picked the DAO. Go for DAO!! It wins every time!

Last edited by idiotofwar (2005-12-14 13:01:16)

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6768|Canader , eh?
ummm...dont u get 2 unlocks..one in regular BF2 and one in SF?
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland

[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

ummm...dont u get 2 unlocks..one in regular BF2 and one in SF?
Myes
I'd go for the G36E ^^.
Oh yeh..there other classes too I geuss..(Im such a medic whore)
Ehm the PKM hasnt failed me yet.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6821|Belgium

Or make a hardcore comparison here:
http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons/comparison

Cheers,
R
h4r13quin
+0|6729
Depends on what you wish to achieve. 
I've tried them all and the following is my conclusion. 

If you want to get a shotgun get the DAO, if you're playing as an engineer you're better off using a vehicle as nearby vehicles benefit from your choice rather than duking it out on foot with a shotgun.  The DAO also reloads by the shell, jackhammer uses a magazine if you have three shells out of seven after an encounter you lose a lot of ammo in the reload (assuming you live to use all magazines).  That and with the DAO comes body armor, something that can come in useful when facing off against people with full autos at close range, and a rocket launcher is known to be handy every now and then (if only the wrench could kill). 

The PKM is an excellent choice, you can mow down way more people at a better range than the DAO before having to reload, drawbacks, you will not be running and gunning like you can with the DAO, PKM requires firing prone or lots of prayer.  With the PKM there is another perk in sf, tear gas.

Since you have the g36c all the scar-l does is an aesthetic upgrade, if you use the scope a lot it might be nice to have that red dot back, other than that it isn't much of an improvement over the g36c if any, usage is very similar.  Besides, on iron gator the scar-l unlock won't help you

To conclude:
PKM or DAO.  Determine how you like to fight and go from there.

Last edited by h4r13quin (2005-12-14 15:22:26)

DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
DAO.  Wouldn't recommend anything else, except MAYBE the G36E.  The DAO is THE best upgrade in the game, in comparison to the base gun.  While it doesn't have range, it has power and speed, all of which the MP5/other AT SMG's don't have.  You don't sacrifice anything from the base gun in order to use the DAO, whereas in other kits you might - i.e. for the G3, you have to sacrifice the grenade launcher, etc.

DAO, then G36E if you can get it.  If not, then just unlock another base gun.  The G36E is good, but if you don't already have the L85, then wait until you have two unlocks so you can get them both at once.  The G36E is a fantastic gun, but don't waste an unlock on the L85 unless you are getting the G36E in the same round of unlocks.

Hope I helped.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard