kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
shot the walker in the crotch and it dies quicker.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6440|Washington State, USA
no you have to shoot the vents under the mech with a Pilum or you can shoot its kneecaps so the Walker falls over and explodes
MrEzeuss
+26|6398|Nethterlands (ZH)
The only thing in your rant i can agree with is the inability to vote someone off the game.
In the beginning i was worried when i was in command doing the best i could, and some a^hole tries to vote me off just before thee end of the game.
Now i laugh at them and spam them with arialstrikes, because votes almost never succeed.

They should at least make it so that if you had a vote against you and say more then half of them wanted you out off command in a previous game, you are considered one rank lower if you apply for command in the next game. As long as you play on the same server make those againstvotes stack. So there will be a moment that a bad commander will be regarded as a soldier when applying for the post of commander.

Of course it's abusable, but it's at least something to bring down commanders who are gathering command-hours, and don't move the Titan or support the troops.
Frotz
+15|6538|Sweden

Linus wrote:

...the fact that it takes several shots of the rocket launcher to take them
down. What a gag DICE is.. No brains.
Several shots for a walker!? Outrage!!! The tanks in BF2 only took one shot with the TOW and 2 shots with any of the 'zookas!!

Seriously though, 2 hits on the walker's legs with either the railgun or the AT weapons (can't speak for the H-AVR since I haven't unlocked it yet) usually kills a walker for me. Though it seems AT missles sets the walker on fire about 30% of the time for me...

Read some armor guides, as the vehicle weakpoints are the key to victory.

Read this for example.

Last edited by Frotz (2007-01-04 16:19:50)

l41e
+677|6656

Linus wrote:

That completely ruin what would otherwise be a great game.

With BF2 it was 1200mph jets on 1 square mile maps... how pathetic. And if they made the maps bigger, they'd lag, and you'd complain some more about that.
Also, it was choppers that could take flags.. Not to mention all that
airpower and not a single infantryman weapon to combat either. I count four. ERYX, Mark 40 SRAW, Stinger, and IGLA.

With 2142 its walkers. If your favorite vehicle in your stats is a walker
you have no room to brag about anything.  Its the noobmobile. Right, because everyone knows your most-used vehicle determines everything else about your stats and nothing else.
Added the fact that it takes several shots of the rocket launcher to take them What, as opposed to one shot? I don't think your hated DICE would do that.
down. What a gag DICE is.. No brains. They've made 4 huge games, 2 of which you've obviously played, since you're bitching about them. You, on the other hand, have made none. What does this make you?

Commander mode is another pathetic joke in both those games.  One side
gets a decent commander, the other gets some lame ass moron who either
does nothing or only helps himself all game long. Yes, because DICE rigs the commanders of every single server this way.
Once again, added the fact that the voting system is useless, youre always stuck with that moron all game. They why don't you take the commander spot?

DICE are for lack of better words, morons.  Ok, so 2142 is supposed to be futurisitic..
So I could possibly see a magical mystical radar that shows all your enemies locations
on it.. but what about BF2.. hahahahaha!!!!  So gay and pathetic. LOL TEH GAY FAGGIT HOMO ROFLZ!!1!1!1!11~`oen...no. Homophobia is not e-cool.

No stealth in that game at all.  Even the most skilled and strategic players are ALWAYS spotted at any
moment by the whole other team. Damn. All this time I've been missing out on one of these perfectly obvious facts: either A. commander = entire team or B. the UAV covers the entire map for the duration of the round.

How cheesy.  And once again, its gay in 2142. See 2 paragraphs above.
The whole commander mode is a pathetic joke that only ruins the game. ...Except for everyone who doesn't actively look for material to bash DICE with.

Whoever decided to let a bunch of europeans write a war simulation are bigger retards
than DICE. War simulation? HAHAHAHA...have I been missing something here? None of the Battlefield series games to date are intended to be realistic and thus you have no right to bitch about it. That's like saying "Counter-Strike sucks because it's a crappy MMORPG."

Apparently they watch a lot of harry potter and have absolutely no clue about
war at all. I'm afraid no one has much of a clue about war 136 years in the future. Unless you have some kind of time travel device awarded to you by the Internats gods for your extremely uber-l33t e-thugness?

And lets dont get started on their quality of code writing, sheez..  BF2 was the
buggiest, strike that, IS the buggiest code written in a game in 20 years. Go write your own game with 50+ handheld weapons, 28 big maps, 30+ vehicles with multiple mounted weapons and 2+ seats on most, accurately tracked statistics, and a community several million large, then come back and whine.

For once Id like a game that was truly balanced, and where one person couldnt screw it up
for your whole team all game long.Go play Pong.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6703|UK

k30dxedle wrote:

Linus wrote:

With BF2 it was 1200mph jets on 1 square mile maps... how pathetic. And if they made the maps bigger, they'd lag, and you'd complain some more about that.
airpower and not a single infantryman weapon to combat either. I count four. ERYX, Mark 40 SRAW, Stinger, and IGLA.

you have no room to brag about anything.  Its the noobmobile. Right, because everyone knows your most-used vehicle determines everything else about your stats and nothing else.
Added the fact that it takes several shots of the rocket launcher to take them What, as opposed to one shot? I don't think your hated DICE would do that.
down. What a gag DICE is.. No brains. They've made 4 huge games, 2 of which you've obviously played, since you're bitching about them. You, on the other hand, have made none. What does this make you?

does nothing or only helps himself all game long. Yes, because DICE rigs the commanders of every single server this way.
Once again, added the fact that the voting system is useless, youre always stuck with that moron all game. They why don't you take the commander spot?

DICE are for lack of better words, morons.  Ok, so 2142 is supposed to be futurisitic..
So I could possibly see a magical mystical radar that shows all your enemies locations
on it.. but what about BF2.. hahahahaha!!!!  So gay and pathetic. LOL TEH GAY FAGGIT HOMO ROFLZ!!1!1!1!11~`oen...no. Homophobia is not e-cool.

No stealth in that game at all.  Even the most skilled and strategic players are ALWAYS spotted at any
moment by the whole other team. Damn. All this time I've been missing out on one of these perfectly obvious facts: either A. commander = entire team or B. the UAV covers the entire map for the duration of the round.

The whole commander mode is a pathetic joke that only ruins the game. ...Except for everyone who doesn't actively look for material to bash DICE with.

Whoever decided to let a bunch of europeans write a war simulation are bigger retards
than DICE. War simulation? HAHAHAHA...have I been missing something here? None of the Battlefield series games to date are intended to be realistic and thus you have no right to bitch about it. That's like saying "Counter-Strike sucks because it's a crappy MMORPG."

war at all. I'm afraid no one has much of a clue about war 136 years in the future. Unless you have some kind of time travel device awarded to you by the Internats gods for your extremely uber-l33t e-thugness?

And lets dont get started on their quality of code writing, sheez..  BF2 was the
buggiest, strike that, IS the buggiest code written in a game in 20 years. Go write your own game with 50+ handheld weapons, 28 big maps, 30+ vehicles with multiple mounted weapons and 2+ seats on most, accurately tracked statistics, and a community several million large, then come back and whine.

For once Id like a game that was truly balanced, and where one person couldnt screw it up
k30dxedle [owned] Linus
GhenghisRON
+3|6394|Sunny Orlando,Florida U.S.A.#1
Come on guys this guy is just expressing his feelings.  I don't agree with all of them but I'm not calling him or anyone else names.

Linus, did Lucy take your blanket?

O.K. I'm not making fun of you but I read your name and was thinking of Good Ol' Charlie Brown!

PEACE in the Middle East!
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6482|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Linus wrote:

than DICE.  Apparently they watch a lot of harry potter and have absolutely no clue about
war at all.  And lets dont get started on their quality of code writing, sheez..  BF2 was the
buggiest, strike that, IS the buggiest code written in a game in 20 years.
fuck you, you little no brains bastard
GR34
+215|6553|ALBERTA> CANADA

BabySpinach wrote:

Go play Counter-Strike noob.
scratch n00b this guy is a NUB the bottom of the pile
Smoke_Deez
+8|6394
NUB, "You got knocked the FUCK OUT"
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6603|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

k30dxedle wrote:

Linus wrote:

win
IsaacLeavitt
+24|6359
wtf man? i barely ever use walkers, WHO THE FUCK other than the noobs uses the walkers? it gets everyone's attention and makes you the the most high profile target in the game... fuck that, just give me a Voss dude. Anyway i have killed so many walkers with Cammo + RDX now after the 1.10 patch that it ain't even funny...

The air is now balanced, heck the fucking choppers get whacked easy now... the new air skill is how to fly low really fast to avoid the emp...

and if you don't like getting spotted kill the fucker b4 he can spot you...

so why don't you stop ranting over your lack of skills and GROW UP!!!

Last edited by IsaacLeavitt (2007-01-05 12:48:17)

Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6786|Long Island

Linus wrote:

With BF2 it was 1200mph jets on 1 square mile maps... how pathetic.
airpower and not a single infantryman weapon to combat either.

you have no room to brag about anything.  Its the noobmobile.  Added
the fact that it takes several shots of the rocket launcher to take them

does nothing or only helps himself all game long.  Once again, added the fact
that the voting system is useless, youre always stuck with that moron all game.

on it.. but what about BF2.. hahahahaha!!!!  So gay and pathetic.  No stealth in that
game at all.  Even the most skilled and strategic players are ALWAYS spotted at any
moment by the whole other team. How cheesy.  And once again, its gay in 2142. 
The whole commander mode is a pathetic joke that only ruins the game.

than DICE.  Apparently they watch a lot of harry potter and have absolutely no clue about
war at all.  And lets dont get started on their quality of code writing, sheez..  BF2 was the

for your whole team all game long.
wow dude, your a fucking noob.  First of all, what you say about BF2 i will not argue about, but mainly 2142.  You claim that the Battle Walker is the "Noobmobile" and that it's hard to take it out.  well you are wrong...you are just an ignorant fuck.  you can shoot the air vents with any gun and destroy it pretty fast, plus you have the H-AVR and RDX Explosive AND the regular Engineer rocket.  so DOH!!!

Next, you state that commander mode is a fucking joke.  Well it isn't.  You also state that there are always moron commanders.  Well, you can't do anything about the players in the game, so that is not DICE's fault at all, not one bit.  And you say that you are always stuck with the moron commander and on the shitty team...that is because u probably suck.  You probably don't follow your commanders orders like a complete absent minded fuck who acts like "oh, i'm mr. invinsible and i could walk over APM mines w/o dying...how dumb...

Then, you say that the radar that "mysteriously" spots enemies in 2142 is gay...HOW?  Also, what do you expect from a game that is in the future...Everyone has different views of what the future is like and DICE could have thought that the 3d radar thing is built into the soldiers brain or whatever...YOU ARE ALLOWED TO USE YOUR IMAGINATION WHEN IT COMES TO THE FUTURE.

Oh, and not only that, but you say that the code in BF2 and 2142 is shitty and it's the buggiest game.  Well, if you look at everything that is going on at once in the game and environment, it is probably damn hard to make it.  So how about you take that into CONSIDERATION OR OTHERWISE GET OFF YOUR FAT ASS AND GO MAKE A BETTER ONE...I'D LIKE TO SEE HOW THAT COMES.
tino275
+14|6620
The game is all about balance. With out the walker there would be little need for Engineers.  The walkers just add some color to the game.  IF you think about it you can tear things up any any vehicle.  I was on one server where this guy in a jeep was terrorizing our team.  Its our fault for not having enough engineers.  Ive seen guys in tanks on killing sprees using their long range scope. I've also seen guys playing infitry only and getting over 100 kills. 

If your having troble w/ a walker concentrate your efforts on taking it out, There are walkthroughs on how to take them out.  Read up buddy!!!   OR go to a different server.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6702|The Ville

RoosterCantrell wrote:

pong's pretty balanced...
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6603|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Obiwan wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

pong's pretty balanced...
no, the right pong line is way over powered, it moves way too fast
fatmarik
+23|6590|Anywhere i am needed

Samtheman53 wrote:

Dick head
ITS A GAME GET OVER IT!!
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6664|UK
its simple, walkers rule in close up Armour wars 1 on 1, and tanks rule 1 on 1 if they are a good way away from the walkers,,, if you get stuck up close to a walker keep moving around it they turn crap, its great taking a walker on if you have a hover tank, as long as you keep ya momentum up its should be a diddle, also ram the fuckers when ya Shields up trying to push them over a wall and such, they will find it hard to target you
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6403|England

Linus wrote:

BF2 was the buggiest, strike that, IS the buggiest code written in a game in 20 years.
No. You haven't played Splinter Cell Double Agent, Bf2 was the equivalent of someone writing a game with a degree from Harvard compared to SC:DA being written by a remedial......with acute blindness, and no arms.

No matter how buggy DICE games are, they can't compare with UBISOFT. So be thankful!!!!

Last edited by Dr_Paulos236 (2007-01-05 16:26:37)

SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6657|Hong Kong
Wow racist. Have you been in a war then?

MrEzeuss wrote:

Now i laugh at them and spam them with arialstrikes,
Lolz ARIAL THE MERMAID STRIKES (I want to post a picture of Arial but I might get banned)!!!

Last edited by SmilingBuddha (2007-01-05 16:36:04)

Zefar
+116|6657|Sweden

Linus wrote:

With BF2 it was 1200mph jets on 1 square mile maps... how pathetic.
airpower and not a single infantryman weapon to combat either.
Don't like jets? Play maps without them.
Choppers taking flags? um sorry but you are just a retard if you think they ain't meant to do that. Attack choppers can cap a flag at the risk of getting a tank shell on it's window. I have taken out gunships/choppers with tank lots of time.

Shoot at the legs you gimp. Plus it sucks on long distance to. It's only really good in close combat and vs infantry.

does nothing or only helps himself all game long.  Once again, added the fact
that the voting system is useless, youre always stuck with that moron all game.
So you blame Dice because of new people are playing the game. God I don't know where to start to insult you.

on it.. but what about BF2.. hahahahaha!!!!  So gay and pathetic.  No stealth in that
game at all.  Even the most skilled and strategic players are ALWAYS spotted at any
moment by the whole other team. How cheesy.  And once again, its gay in 2142. 
The whole commander mode is a pathetic joke that only ruins the game.
You obviously never heard of a UAV and it's power. The UAV in BF2 and BF2142 are nerfed as HELL, the normal UAV can track a vehicle that was allowed to drive anywhere it wanted. It got an 10 minute head start. Once the UAV was up in the air at like 1000+ meters up or something it took it like 10-15 seconds to track down the target and identify it. If it had some hellfire missle he would have been toasted.

for your whole team all game long.
It's more like YOU who don't have a clue and where is the mom that let you on the internet. Because you really need to learn a few things about war.
Bwt Dice is located in Sweden so you obviously don't know shit about Dice and where they come from. Shows how much of a retard you are.

You fail BIG TIME.
link52787
+29|6530
What is wrong with you Linus? 

jeez, only a bigot like you would make this kind of post.

oh and yeah, even though I am an American, I find that comment about Europeans and war uncalled for.

you dumbass
NZDeathBoy
+20|6708|Chch, New Zealand

Linus wrote:

A noobmbile??? Come off it man, It takes a shit load of skill to not get owned in one of those. I've seen noobs walk it into walls and blow it up on thier own. Hey i bet it was you that did it.

It also takes skill to prevent people geting underneath you. Or to destry the rail guns before they get you.
The only reason you don't like them, it your too stupid to figure how to take them out. You can take them out in 10 secs if you know how.

Oh have you noticed that this guy has been flamed sooo bad that he hasn't posted back.

I hope he feels like a complete idiot
Linus
+53|6661
if you think dice makes good balanced games, then the only games youve played is dice games.

i guess i should elaborate on a couple points..

admins should be able to disable/enable a lot more than they currently can..

turn off the gay ass radars.  theyre so gay.

and whoever said in the previous post that spec ops dont show up on radar is an idiot. they always did.

and to the moron who said this isnt a war simulation.. what is it ? chess ?   get real.

DICE are idiots. they make crappy code.  They cant fix simple bugs.  Yes I could do better. Yes I have
done better.  EPIC makes DICE look like a bunch of noobs. They know how to do it right.

I guess the biggest frustration is that bf2/2142 would have been so awesome if the gestapo EA and the
morons DICE hadnt written/published them. thats fact.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Not happy the way bf2 is...stop playing...not happy with life...suicide then...get the point?

And Dice made good game wich IMO have nothing to complain about **Thinkin about 1942**...awww good old days.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard