Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

acidkiller187 wrote:

Because I believe there is such a thing as life after death. I believe there is a higher power and if it is God, I will rather go to Heaven then suffer an ever lasting torment in Hell.
Dont get Married then.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

So you would die instead of living?
Aint u happy that ur parents are working hard so u can get a education?
And sitting on the comp talking on the bf2s forums is not making you get better food than you already got...try to work instead and then u get money, and then HAPPYNESS FTW!
I'm ALREADY EDUCATED AND WORKING tkvm. I'm 27. I live several hundred miles from my parents home. God ain't putting food on my table, that's for sure.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

acidkiller187 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I dont believe he blammed god anywhere in that post. Your "COMMENT" is that of a fucking retard.
Oh! Easy newbie, don't get upset. I'm sorry if I offended you "LMAO"....NOT! STFU! D__K HEAD.

I will 0wN you little biatch.
Yes... newbie... I only registered 5 months before you and according to the post count had 500 more posts than you, meaning your a noob based on your own conclusion... Great comeback btw.
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6406

CameronPoe wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

And sitting on the comp talking on the bf2s forums is not making you get better food than you already got...try to work instead and then u get money, and then HAPPYNESS FTW!
I'm ALREADY EDUCATED AND WORKING tkvm. I'm 27. I live several hundred miles from my parents home. God ain't putting food on my table, that's for sure.
Ok, happyness FTW?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

Ok, happyness FTW?
Happiness FTW yes!
GATOR591957
+84|6628

CameronPoe wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

I would argue that God made it possible for you to have food on your table.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

kiteboarderni wrote:

because the bible syaso....

and yes i am a christian and always was brought up to be one. and my belief that what the bible says goes
Correct
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

GATOR591957 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

aLpHa|Mr.App|e wrote:

I would argue otherwise. Pointless stalemate leading ultimately to an infinity of circular arguments. There is not one good reason to suggest why some higher being has a hand in anything, in my mind.

If, in any of our lives, we wandered through life without having been exposed to the concept of 'god' (especially during our formative years) there is a distinct possibility thoughts of one would never cross our minds.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-01-03 12:41:06)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK
GATOR591957 I didnt read your whole post but I find it funny that you along with most of mankind can link together things that are very likely and then be amazed when they work together. The people that are normally outside of this group are statistitions.
acidkiller187
+123|6631
Look dude I ain’t going to lie to you but I have a social life to. Not to mention friends a girlfriend a job, all those things equal allot of added responsibilities and I really feel sorry for you if your world is resolved around Bf2s.

Vilham wrote:

I only registered 5 months before you and according to the post count had 500 more posts than you
You have 500 more posts then I do and only 148Karma. LOL that is nothing to “BRAG” about.

Later biatch….

Last edited by acidkiller187 (2007-01-03 12:46:35)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6767|UK

acidkiller187 wrote:

Look dude I ain’t going to lie to you but I have a social life to. Not to mention friends a girlfriend a job, all those things equal allot of added responsibilities and I really feel sorry for you if your world is resolved around Bf2s.

Vilham wrote:

I only registered 5 months before you and according to the post count had 500 more posts than you
You have 500 more posts then I do and only 148Karma. LOL that is nothing to “BRAG” about.

Later biatch….
lol yet again. You have just destroyed any credibility in your posts.

Im pretty damn sure I have a far better social life than you... Im at uni. I go out 4 times a week. Yet again your comeback shows that you are infact a kid and have nothing to discredit anything Ive said.

As to having a life... you have none! 800 hours on a game = a complete loser. Go do something else with your life. Stupid sheep.

I would also say 2 posts a day hardly counts as not having a life...

Last edited by Vilham (2007-01-03 12:53:46)

acidkiller187
+123|6631

Vilham wrote:

acidkiller187 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Later biatch….
lol yet again. You have just destroyed any credibility in your posts.

Im pretty damn sure I have a far better social life than you... Im at uni. I go out 4 times a week. Yet again your comeback shows that you are infact a kid and have nothing to discredit anything Ive said.

As to having a life... you have none! 800 hours on a game = a complete loser. Go do something else with your life. Stupid sheep.
It's is a sad day for me........ I'm talking to a Oxymoron.

Stupid sheep.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA have a cracker "CRACKER"

Later biatch.......
VladTheImpaler79
+1|6325

kiteboarderni wrote:

because the bible syaso....

and yes i am a christian and always was brought up to be one. and my belief that what the bible says goes
No sir you are very wrong.  Men and armies with swords used force and coercion to spread that belief.  I suggest before you spread a narrow minded and weak researched view, you should look into history about how christianity spread.  The means in which it was spread is far from the love that is talked about in the Bible.  Let me give you a starting point, research on what Pope Innocent did to the Cathars in the Lagueduc region in France.  I personally refuse to believe anything that was spread on the edge of a sword.  On another note, do you ever sit back and look at the moral and ethical ramifications to having a belief of "because the bible says so"?  Does it matter to you that you may hurt, offend or cause harm to others because "the bible says so".  There have been many people who asked you why does the bible say so?  You are unable to give a complete and concise answer.  Like many christians I know, they don't know why they believe what they believe, it always comes back to "because the bible says so".  It seems like dark ignorance to me.  Those who have posted have given a better explanation as to why they don't believe in god then those who believe in god.  My two cents.

Last edited by VladTheImpaler79 (2007-01-03 13:08:46)

RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6538|Chicago

ghettoperson wrote:

snuten_i_sjoholmen wrote:

Religion has been proved wrong many times. For example that earth is not in the center of the universe and that humans have evolved from apes. I don't believe in any religion not only because they are wrong and they only cause war and persecution but because I have never in my life felt anything from a higher being or anything else like that. People are free to think what they want as long as they keep it to themselves and not force others to believe in it as well.
Wrong. The Bible never said that the Earth was the center of the universe, the Catholic Church did. And the Theory of Evolution is just that, a theory. Not hard facts. I don't really have an opinion on that, before everyone goes nuts with 'ZOMG! U dnt beliv in teh evolutionz!!!
A correction in your syntax, sir: Saying the Theory of Evolution is "just a theory" is an inadequate argument. You are using the literal definition of the term "theory" not the scientific one. The scientific definition of the word theory is an idea, fully supported by evidence, but not proven. In fact, there are VERY few "facts" in science, mostly theories.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

I was brought up catholic and went to a catholic school and 99% of those who attended where also catholic, we got 2 periods a week of Religious education, and next year (my final year of high school) you can take it as a seperate subject, up untill now you HAVE to take it.  Basically since I can remember catholic ideals etc have been drilled into my head and I never saw fit to question it.  The past 5 years I havent attended mass as I dont belive you NEED to attend it, afterall its the same gospels over and over again, just with a different sermon.  What the bible teach I agree with, I have no reason to dismiss it as bullshit, then again nor do I have reason to take what it says as truth.  But as I was brought up as catholic, I remain one, to be honest it is six and half a dozen if you belive or not, but to my mind theres no more evidence to refute God than there is to belive in him, therefor I will stick to what I have done since I was baptized 16 years ago thanks.

Martyn
URE_DED
BF2s US Server Admin
+76|6620|inside the recesses of your...

Havok wrote:

please don't kidnap me
Hmm...whadaya think, kmal? 
Des.Kmal
+917|6619|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

URE_DED wrote:

Havok wrote:

please don't kidnap me
Hmm...whadaya think, kmal? 
i lol'd
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
jackdreaper
+5|6525
There are some things that I dont have the capacity to deal with....usually death to inocent people and usually children.

While I don't belong to any of the three big religions I like to think there is a higher being that can bring some comfort to me. How? Thats a personal thing.....If you don't believe in some sort of Divine being and you are a decent person.....then you have every right to kill yourself...because "why go on living" to postpone the inevitable?

I thought to be agnostic for a long time...then I went through some hard times and couldn't help but look to the sky for some help....any help. Most people can't relate to this desperation and I hope you never will...but if you're ever in my shoes you'll know that feeling of helplessness.

See "Children of Men" great movie.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

I have a question for the religious folk here. What would happen if everyone on earth died tomorrow from say, a meteor or a pandemic.

Would everyone who got killed get a pass because they didn't get to change religions to "the right one" before it was too late? Would everyone in Africa go to hell that didn't believe in your god? I've always been confused about that. What happens to all the other people from all the other religions out there?

Why can't anyone just except the fact that when you die, you just die? Nothing more. Nothing less.

And why can't animals go to heaven? What kind of pompous shit is that? I wish I could instill the fear of god into my cat so it behaves better.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Mogura
+17|6363|EUROPE

King_County_Downy wrote:

I have a question for the religious folk here. What would happen if everyone on earth died tomorrow from say, a meteor or a pandemic.

Would everyone who got killed get a pass because they didn't get to change religions to "the right one" before it was too late? Would everyone in Africa go to hell that didn't believe in your god? I've always been confused about that. What happens to all the other people from all the other religions out there?

Why can't anyone just except the fact that when you die, you just die? Nothing more. Nothing less.

And why can't animals go to heaven? What kind of pompous shit is that? I wish I could instill the fear of god into my cat so it behaves better.
rofl poor cat. well every religion claim that it is the real one and the others are false. the true is that they are all false, yes ALL OF THEM !
GATOR591957
+84|6628

CameronPoe wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I would argue otherwise. Pointless stalemate leading ultimately to an infinity of circular arguments. There is not one good reason to suggest why some higher being has a hand in anything, in my mind.

If, in any of our lives, we wandered through life without having been exposed to the concept of 'god' (especially during our formative years) there is a distinct possibility thoughts of one would never cross our minds.
I will agree to your point of endless debate.  I will never change your mind because you have already made your decision on where you stand.  I would like to point out the mathematical side to this.  Programmers need a code to program, correct.  All life has DNA, correct?  All DNA has a code, correct?  Who designed the code?  If someone designed the code,  wouldn't that make them the "creator?"

I would ask you to read "The signature of God."  It has some compelling facts.  I did not make my decision strictly on this book.  Over my lifetime I've been pondering this very question.  Through deduction and observation I have made my stance, as you will over your lifetime.

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2007-01-04 14:30:58)

GATOR591957
+84|6628

Vilham wrote:

GATOR591957 I didnt read your whole post but I find it funny that you along with most of mankind can link together things that are very likely and then be amazed when they work together. The people that are normally outside of this group are statistitions.
Please read the whole post before passing judgment.  This was not an easy decision by any means.  As I've written in the above post.
Warstarz
+11|6433

RedTwizzler wrote:

[I understand this is a VERY touchy subject and would appreciate it if we kept the shit slinging out of this thread. I'm asking a simple question.]

The thread title is basically my question. If you believe in God (Or Allah, or whomever), why? I am toeing the line between agnostic and athiest, and would like to know. I'm not here to question your beliefs, or tell you that what you think is wrong. I just want to know. Thanks.
I believe in God because I have witnessed his power. I have not seen him but if everyone can physically see God, it defeats the purpose of faith. There wouldn't be faith if you KNEW he existed.

If you saw a saucer shaped UFO that came down fairly close to you and zipped into the night (or day) sky, wouldn't you believe in some UFO sightings? Most people would after personally seeing it. Well, it's the same thing with me. I have seen the things God can do to people and it's silly to me if I were to doubt any of it.

I can tell stories about what I've witnessed but people may have other explanations like an unlikely coincidence or something.

That is why I believe.

Plus, saying an all-powerful diety made us sounds better that a ball just HAPPENED to appear and just HAPPENED to explode and just HAPPENED to make the Earth and like just HAPPENED to appear and just HAPPENED to evolve IMO.
GATOR591957
+84|6628

RedTwizzler wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

snuten_i_sjoholmen wrote:

Religion has been proved wrong many times. For example that earth is not in the center of the universe and that humans have evolved from apes. I don't believe in any religion not only because they are wrong and they only cause war and persecution but because I have never in my life felt anything from a higher being or anything else like that. People are free to think what they want as long as they keep it to themselves and not force others to believe in it as well.
Wrong. The Bible never said that the Earth was the center of the universe, the Catholic Church did. And the Theory of Evolution is just that, a theory. Not hard facts. I don't really have an opinion on that, before everyone goes nuts with 'ZOMG! U dnt beliv in teh evolutionz!!!
A correction in your syntax, sir: Saying the Theory of Evolution is "just a theory" is an inadequate argument. You are using the literal definition of the term "theory" not the scientific one. The scientific definition of the word theory is an idea, fully supported by evidence, but not proven. In fact, there are VERY few "facts" in science, mostly theories.
He is not incorrect.  The theory of evolution is just that, theory, or it would be call the facts of evolution.  What I don't understand from the evolutionist is who or what created life.  In the theory, there is no beginning.  Do you want the odds on life creating itself?

Evolution is occuring as we speak, that is a fact.  What is not a fact is life was created through evolution, it is theory!
Mogura
+17|6363|EUROPE

GATOR591957 wrote:

RedTwizzler wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

He is not incorrect.  The theory of evolution is just that, theory, or it would be call the facts of evolution.  What I don't understand from the evolutionist is who or what created life.  In the theory, there is no beginning.  Do you want the odds on life creating itself?

Evolution is occuring as we speak, that is a fact.  What is not a fact is life was created through evolution, it is theory!
and bible is fact ? quran is fact ? .... ? they are not even theories, just stories for kids ....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard