Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

Snake wrote:

I reckon you should do a Devils Perch: For Dummies
im actually working on it, lol
Good. Thats one I need some tips on.
Tip 1. Don't use APC - its useless
Tip 2. Use a kit with zip line - You need it everywhere
Tip 3. Night vision is not needed in most places and actually makes it harder to see in many places
Tip 4. If your MECSF a sniper with a supply crate can defend the stairs up to the asylum by themselves (claymores)
Tip 4a. If Seals to counter this you need medics (more = better) and grappling hooks so you can 'skip' the clamored areas.

As for the Warlord guide.... I don't play IO, but Insurgent AT up on buildings (with snipers) makes for a devastating 2 man squad, add a medic and support and your squad is practically invincible.
AT has RPG-7 which don't give tanks a tone signal and Grappling hook to gain height.
Sniper for long shots plus zip line to move around easily (you can get to every flag in the map without touching the ground).
Medic for the obvious heal + revive and a very good medium range weapon.
Support for unlimited ammo/grapples/zip lines, plus smoke for cover and another powerful suppressing gun.
Jim_Bred
+15|6472
Warlord is fun, but I tell ya what....it's even more fun when the graphics don't look like balls.
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

DrunkFace wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

im actually working on it, lol
Tip 3. Night vision is not needed in most places and actually makes it harder to see in many places
Tip 4. If your MECSF a sniper with a supply crate can defend the stairs up to the asylum by themselves (claymores)
Tip 4a. If Seals to counter this you need medics (more = better) and grappling hooks so you can 'skip' the clamored areas.
wow, have u ever played the map?

1. Fuck no, BMP = win.
2. Nope, I dont think I have ever used a zip line on Perch.
3. Sometimes...
4. I will come to ur team and revive TK u until i get kicked, then u will get kidnapped for real if u do that.
4a. Yeah....

After that post, im gonna get my Devils Perch: for dummies guide up sooner than later....
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

Des.Kmal wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

1. Fuck no, BMP = win.
3. Sometimes...
4. I will come to ur team and revive TK u until i get kicked, then u will get kidnapped for real if u do that.
4a. Yeah....

After that post, im gonna get my Devils Perch: for dummies guide up sooner than later....
Yes I have, and won 93% of the time. I haven't played as much as you but its my second favourite map after night flight (Ironic that my 2 favourite maps are the ones Ive played the least, but thats what you get when there's no servers in the country you live in).

1. There's no where for the APCs to move, there's basically one path to follow not much wider then the APC itself, so unless you spawn rape from the water there's no where to 'hide'. If you get more then 4-5 kills in a row then your playing against sub standard competition, Its extremely easy to predict the movements of the APC and C4 or AT it. I only play on servers with mine FF on, so I can only imagine how much worse it would be with the trail covered in AT mines too. I have played games where Ive 'winned' in the APC but it was against total retards who never even attempted hurt me but would rather spawn as medic to revive there fallen team mates. So sure, use the APCs if your playing against retards, but if there's just 2 aware people on the opposing team your fucked and its a death trap.

2. The Zip Line makes it much easier to move around the map. It makes it much easier to flank the enemy and take flags from behind them, sure you can parachute, but the Zip Line is more accurate and faster. As Seals you capture a back flag first and when MECSF comes you Zip Line past them to the 2-3 bottom flags which are now undefended, and then press there remaining 1-2 flags on the main island from 2 sides. It also allows you to cross the water without swimming when there's no boats available. Its not a necessity but is nice to be able to move quickly around the map.

3. I only said this because there are some retards who use NV as soon as they spawn and never turn it off. IDK if its me, my computer settings or what, but I find I hardly need NV in any of the night maps and can actually see better without them in most cases apart from the pitch black areas.

4. Its a valid tactic, don't like thats not there fault. Maybe mature and find a way to counter it then just be an asshole, maybe you can't because your just shit. Personally I don't use it because its boring as shit (well I might if I'm commander and defending the last flag), but if its done to win, and not just for easy kills, I applaud the tactic.

4a. blah.
Des.Kmal

DrunkFace wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

1. Fuck no, BMP = win.
3. Sometimes...
4a. Yeah....

Yes I have, and won 93% of the time. I haven't played as much as you but its my second favourite map after night flight (Ironic that my 2 favourite maps are the ones Ive played the least, but thats what you get when there's no servers in the country you live in).

1. There's no where for the APCs to move, there's basically one path to follow not much wider then the APC itself, so unless you spawn rape from the water there's no where to 'hide'. If you get more then 4-5 kills in a row then your playing against sub standard competition, Its extremely easy to predict the movements of the APC and C4 or AT it. I only play on servers with mine FF on, so I can only imagine how much worse it would be with the trail covered in AT mines too. I have played games where Ive 'winned' in the APC but it was against total retards who never even attempted hurt me but would rather spawn as medic to revive there fallen team mates. So sure, use the APCs if your playing against retards, but if there's just 2 aware people on the opposing team your fucked and its a death trap. if u get c4d while playing on perch... then u fail. mined is a different thing. mining is less practical than c4 and less common, so less to worry. u can cap 4 of the 8 flags(64 player) with an APC, and if ur team cant get the others... then wow. also its awesome for defending flags at the least, just stick to the water (from port factory - lower village) and u can keep the ticket bleed from there.)

2. The Zip Line makes it much easier to move around the map. It makes it much easier to flank the enemy and take flags from behind them, sure you can parachute, but the Zip Line is more accurate and faster. As Seals you capture a back flag first and when MECSF comes you Zip Line past them to the 2-3 bottom flags which are now undefended, and then press there remaining 1-2 flags on the main island from 2 sides. It also allows you to cross the water without swimming when there's no boats available. Its not a necessity but is nice to be able to move quickly around the map. it is not a necessity, contrary to ur first statement.

3. I only said this because there are some retards who use NV as soon as they spawn and never turn it off. IDK if its me, my computer settings or what, but I find I hardly need NV in any of the night maps and can actually see better without them in most cases apart from the pitch black areas. i use night vision on 6 of the 8 flag points.... 75 % and i see fine, but as u said, it may be ur comp settings...

4. Its a valid tactic, don't like thats not there fault. Maybe mature and find a way to counter it then just be an asshole, maybe you can't because your just shit. Personally I don't use it because its boring as shit (well I might if I'm commander and defending the last flag), but if its done to win, and not just for easy kills, I applaud the tactic. if it is done to win and not to get kills, then i applaud it as u, but clay fucking spammers are the worst part of the game and will get Tkd/kidnapped by me if they do it on a server that im in. if theyre doing it to protect a sniping spot or a LAST flag, then gg, i messed up, if they spam them in  the middle of the road, get ready to get kidnapped

4a. blah.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium
Teh hijackses must die -.-

If anyone has tips for non-IO Warlord, ill add them
Seems like im the only one that plays IO, even if half of the servers run it.
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands
nice guide +1

PS: how do you create sigs like that?
Des.Kmal

iPoon.be wrote:

Teh hijackses must die -.-

io warlord = teh fail.

karkand is the only good IO map.

Last edited by Des.Kmal (2007-01-02 03:22:11)

crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6624|Teesside, UK

Jim_Bred wrote:

Warlord is fun, but I tell ya what....it's even more fun when the graphics don't look like balls.
Will people stop whining about the graphics in the guide?  Why does it offend you that the original posters graphics aren't as good as yours?  Don't post if haven't got anything constructive to say about the subject.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium
* 2 jan 07: New tips added
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
use grappling hook to get in the towers of the palace as commander or just a soldier /sniper to hide
only thing that sucks is getting out of the towers again and when you are been spotted its an easy killzone for nade launcher cause you have no space to move away ...zipline out is possible
Warord has a lot places indeed to hide for cover , even some choke points when certain flags are captured ..
Hide out is a nice choke point if you are in APC or TANK ...with a few friendly enemy medics that revive teammates its easy to get the same guys over and over again
Warlord : NOT for ENGINEER when you play INFANTRY ONLY SERVERS cause short distance weapons of this class makes long distance firefights/shooting impossible
GOODGAME
NEED 44 KILLS ENGINEER
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6392|San Antonio, TX
I've noticed that the USMC loves to swing around the back first, and the MECs really need to pay more attention to that.  Forget the plaza, it's not much use to either side.  MEC (especially on non-IO) needs to take care of the Palace Security Office, lose that tank there and it's vrey hard to survive the round.

For any version of Warlord, I recommend being on the rooftops where you can move up and down the main strip (near the Hideout).  You can protect the security office, the hideout and take out people trying to cap the TV tower.  There are a few little buildings on these rooftops that can provide additional cover from certain sides so you can focus your attention.

MECs have to watch the stairs on the left in the palace!  I love being Spec-Op there and putting a C4 on the landing below me.  Added bonus, take out the first guy with your rifle, wait for the medic and take out 2 with the C4!  (Also works well in the TV tower.)

And the grappling hook is definitely your friend!  USE IT!  Gas like mad at the palace... I love filling those hallways with smoke (just make sure to remind your team to keep their masks on).

I really think the Spec-Op should have a grappling hook on this map instead of a zip-line!  Would rock to be able to grapple over the palace wall in the back, blow the assets and have the commander drop you supplies outside the wall so you can keep going back... but that's just IMO.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6624|Teesside, UK

Tjasso wrote:

NEED 44 KILLS ENGINEER
It's doable in warlord with vehicles.  Somehow managed to get it yesterday using mounted guns, tanks, apc, mines and close combat fighting in the palace.  Problem is it's doesn't appear in bf2 hq so going to have to earn it again by the looks of it
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

iPoon.be wrote:

Ive played IO warlord a few times and every time, the SAS couldnt win. Even with most of the high rankers on SAS, we couldnt give enough ticket bleed to win it. With the SAS needing all but 1 flag to cause ticket bleed, I find the IO version is insanely unfair compared to vehicle mode which give chances to quickly get around and cap flags and keep those insurgent fuckers at bay with the tank/apc. They give the SAS a fighting chance.

Vehicle mode, get an APC or ATV and go around the right side of the map, over the hill all the way to the Mosque and onto the Palace. Cap them flags and you are set.
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium
I added ViCT0RI0US's screens, thanks for those.

More updates later
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6389|Qatar: Where The Players Play

Snake wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

Ive played IO warlord a few times and every time, the SAS couldnt win. Even with most of the high rankers on SAS, we couldnt give enough ticket bleed to win it. With the SAS needing all but 1 flag to cause ticket bleed, I find the IO version is insanely unfair compared to vehicle mode which give chances to quickly get around and cap flags and keep those insurgent fuckers at bay with the tank/apc. They give the SAS a fighting chance.

Vehicle mode, get an APC or ATV and go around the right side of the map, over the hill all the way to the Mosque and onto the Palace. Cap them flags and you are set.
The main problem is how you get them into the last cap, I think. Most teams end up with the last Insurgent flag in the Palace, HUGE mistake. You can't take out that cap without everyone on your team being amazingly good players. You need to pin them at either the Palace Security Office or the Insurgent Hideout, they're MUCH easier to attack.
Use Vehicle Mode tactics on the IO maps, just takes a bit longer.

Last edited by ViCT0RI0US (2007-01-02 10:45:23)

ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6389|Qatar: Where The Players Play
I think this is a good enough guide to be the second Sticky Guide to a SF map. Either that or you may consider making a map guides Sub-section in the SF Forum. Just a thought...
-ViC
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium

Snake wrote:

iPoon.be wrote:

Thats what my guide is for

ViCT0RI0US wrote:

The main problem is how you get them into the last cap, I think. Most teams end up with the last Insurgent flag in the Palace, HUGE mistake. You can't take out that cap without everyone on your team being amazingly good players. You need to pin them at either the Palace Security Office or the Insurgent Hideout, they're MUCH easier to attack.
Use Vehicle Mode tactics on the IO maps, just takes a bit longer.
Indeed, ideally you are pressing on the Insurgent from the north and the south, so a quick capture of the Palace is important. Unless youre playing against a good Insurgent team, you should have enough time to cap the Security Office too.

Its all in the teamplay
JaggedPanther
+61|6444
I'm gonna have dump something in everybodies cornflakes.....

LIKE WARLORD NEEDED A GUIDE !!!!!! !  OMG!LOLERZ

JK, I think
XISIX
+116|6585
Alright - I'll add tip did not see mentioned.

SAS desert raider vehicle  [aka jeep looking ting]

You can jump on it + over back palace wall.
~c4~cheppi
+29|6328|Forest Green
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=34515

Someone changed there tune

Warlord without veichles is very boring for me anyway, wheres the danger and suspense?

Still a good guide though

Last edited by ~c4~cheppi (2007-03-28 15:08:56)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Nades and claymores

And this is on the wiki now btw
iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6499|Belgium

~c4~cheppi wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=34515

Someone changed there tune

Warlord without veichles is very boring for me anyway, wheres the danger and suspense?

Still a good guide though
Warlord IO is like Karkand IO: suddenly the arabs win most rounds. So IO or not is really about which team you would like to win
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6203|Albion
just two minor points one, if people are parachuting into the plaza get on the pickup truck with the 50 cal and smoke them. plain and simple, theres no defence, also good for clearing any snipers from the car park.

secondly at the palace theres another route i like to use, you know that little room thats en-suite to the third floor flag? it has a window on the narrow end. grapple hook in there, grenade, flashbang, climb, shoot, murder, death, kill. No one bothers to look for it, though they can see the grapple sometimes and are waiting i've never been shot off the rope.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6203|Albion
oh and on devils perch grapple Vs zipline is a non-question, its things which go bang which count, at best you could say if the enemy control the church and asylum (take the high ground) you wany grapple hooks and if they control the low villages you want ziplines.

also be sure to point out that with a hook and patience you can scale the cliffs beneath the church and bypass the guardhouse and get behind the snipers on the cliff/guarding the path.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard