Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK
Hey guys just finished my new build and I'm loving playing all these games on really high settings, Rainbow Six Vegas for example is sweet when I fired up battlefield I was blown away as i used to play on low settings but on some of the maps I've been getting this problem.

https://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2158/screen018bq0.jpg

As you can see I get these black spots all over the terrain and they move around really fast but everything else is fine. I'm hoping theres a simple fix and this is an old problem but couldnt find anything in a search that helped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

System:

Windows XP Home SP2
Intel E6600 Dual Core Processor
2GB RAM
Nvidia 8800GTX
Asus P5WDG2 WS Professional Mobo.

As you can imagine this wasn't too cheap so I'm itching to get it fixed thanks!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

Update your drivers. Also make sure the fan on your card is spinning.

And your sig made me think of this:
https://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8229/lmaopuw3.gif

:"D
CommieChipmunk
+488|6570|Portland, OR, USA
nah nah nah nah naaaah...

try reinstalling your drivers?  Or it could be it overheating, check the temps when you're gaming
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY
i had a aquamark score of 59,000 with my 7900 and a score of 53,000 with my 8800gtx. Needless to say im waiting for my rma to be completed by evga!

edit* me thinks its yers power supply. What wattage do you have?

Last edited by yuckfou09 (2006-12-28 15:20:43)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

yuckfou09 wrote:

i had a aquamark score of 59,000 with my 7900 and a score of 53,000 with my 8800gtx. Needless to say im waiting for my rma to be completed by evga!

edit* me thinks its yers power supply. What wattage do you have?
Lol your shader died.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6570|United States
Looks like a simple driver problem. Just update them and it should be solved. To be honest (For all those people thinking about it) I would NOT buy an 8800 right now. The driver support is poor and the card in general isn't that great. It's a flagship card and nothing else. If you're planning on buying a high-end graphics card then wait until Vista is released and DirectX10 starts being utilized. They're going to learn a lot from the mistakes they made with the 8800 and the newer Next-Gen cards are going to be a lot better at the same price.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

BeerzGod wrote:

Looks like a simple driver problem. Just update them and it should be solved. To be honest (For all those people thinking about it) I would NOT buy an 8800 right now. The driver support is poor and the card in general isn't that great. It's a flagship card and nothing else. If you're planning on buying a high-end graphics card then wait until Vista is released and DirectX10 starts being utilized. They're going to learn a lot from the mistakes they made with the 8800 and the newer Next-Gen cards are going to be a lot better at the same price.
There are no G80 drivers for vista... it's fucking ridicules.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
Ah..that can't be solved I guess! Well let me help you out! Why don't you just rip that piece of junk out of your PC, and send it to me..in return you will get my 7600 GT!  
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6776|UK
Heh nice try RDMC

Thanks guys I thought i downloaded the latest drivers for the card the night I built it but obviously not, it was the wee hours of the morning afterall, we've all been there right?

Problem Solved +1 Karma for everyone in thread. See you ingame!
WOO WOO!!!

xxx
Cold Fussion
72% alcohol
+63|6667|Sydney, Australia
I hope you play it on 16af and 16aa.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY
ok, im having the same problems as milk but when I updated drivers and jump back in a server i still have this bullshit black spots EVRYWHERE like his screeenie. ANY THOUGHTS?!

any help would be greatly appreciated or milk could you give me a link to the driver your running cause i just got mine off of nvidia's site.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6736|Salt Lake City

yuckfou09 wrote:

ok, im having the same problems as milk but when I updated drivers and jump back in a server i still have this bullshit black spots EVRYWHERE like his screeenie. ANY THOUGHTS?!

any help would be greatly appreciated or milk could you give me a link to the driver your running cause i just got mine off of nvidia's site.
You could delete the shader cache so the game will redetect the card.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

yuckfou09 wrote:

You could delete the shader cache so the game will redetect the card.
how?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

Delete everything in the cache folder, reboot bF2 and load a map and it will re-optimize shaders. Might fix your problem. Surprising a Colonel like you hasn't had to go through this process before =p
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY

Hurricane wrote:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

Delete everything in the cache folder, reboot bF2 and load a map and it will re-optimize shaders. Might fix your problem. Surprising a Colonel like you hasn't had to go through this process before =p
thats general now boy....lol. So I Just got a 750watt PSU and installed that, took out my 8800gtx because i submitted a RMA to EVGA and i need to send the card out asap to get another one. So I deleted the drivers for my 8800GTX and installed my old 7900 gt ko superclocked and installed the drivers for the 7900. Now when i try to start BF2 all it does is start that battlefield pic with the abrahms behind it and screen goes completley black then back to my desktop....NO BF2. PLEASE HELP. Im about to take a shotty to my PC.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY
so thats not going to work with my 7900 so i called evga and am doing a advanced rma so they will send me a card and when i get it, I send them my 8800GTX in question. But I dont think its the graphics card. Why would the 8800GTX run like shit and the 7900 not even run at all??!! Ive used the 7900 prior to obtaining this 8800GTX and had no problems at all now i stick this 8800 in and it run shittier than my 7900 and now the 7900 wont work with BF2. Its not my power supply, the guy at evga said it might be that since my power supply was a cheapy but it was 600 watt. Now i just got a thermaltake 750watt toughpower. Is it my mobo? Maybe my PCI slot? WTF!

as you can see im freaking out and am debating on going postal. help please!?
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6431|Washington State, USA
ouch dude im not sure but your ass must really hurt
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Most likely hot. The 8800 will automatically turn the performance down also to prevent possible damage, but it will usually tell you this in your Ntune control panel.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY

Kmarion wrote:

Most likely hot. The 8800 will automatically turn the performance down also to prevent possible damage, but it will usually tell you this in your Ntune control panel.
Not overheating, checked that. And why would my 7900 not even WORK??!!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

I'm guessing your 7900 ran your computer fine. It's a known issue that sometimes, the BF2 splash screen will appear and then after a black screen it CTD's. Why? We will never never never know.

Best bet is to reinstall BF2. If that doesn't work, might as well reformat your computer. It's healthy anyways, once a year reformat... Windows is quirky like that.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6390|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

Milk.org wrote:

Hey guys just finished my new build and I'm loving playing all these games on really high settings, Rainbow Six Vegas for example is sweet when I fired up battlefield I was blown away as i used to play on low settings but on some of the maps I've been getting this problem.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2158 … 018bq0.jpg

As you can see I get these black spots all over the terrain and they move around really fast but everything else is fine. I'm hoping theres a simple fix and this is an old problem but couldnt find anything in a search that helped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

System:

Windows XP Home SP2
Intel E6600 Dual Core Processor
2GB RAM
Nvidia 8800GTX
Asus P5WDG2 WS Professional Mobo.

As you can imagine this wasn't too cheap so I'm itching to get it fixed thanks!
"Black spots" you racist.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6474|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
dude take one of your ram sticks out and try it, i had something very similar so just try it
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY

ELITE-UK wrote:

dude take one of your ram sticks out and try it, i had something very similar so just try it
ok, im gonna try it like that but ive always had the same ram and it ran fine before...anyway, trying it......
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6676|Ft. Drum, NY
didnt work...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard