Dr_Paulos236
+41|6406|England
Hey all, Merry Christmas etc. I'm having trouble revising nowadays, I simply cannot for the life of me sit down and get it done. I'm normally a good student etc but with major exams in january I really need to get some done, any tips on how to get 'into the mood' to study? If any?

I'm doing 4 AS level exams in January, 2 physics, 1 economics and 1 maths.

Any tips on good revision techniques that will benefit me get a shiny +1!

Many thanks.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6492|Birmingham UK
lol im doing the same mate lock ur pc and anything else away tht might disturb you then exclude yourself to the quitest part in your house and read and write down everything i havent started yet and exams are first week back i think..
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6530
When I was doing finals I pm'd Ty for a temp ban. Worked wonders.
zeidmaan
+234|6425|Vienna

Library FTW!!!!
Nothing better than dozens or hundrets of people studying

Seriously, if your PC and TV and DVD Player are near you are scrued.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-12-28 08:31:01)

teehee1988
+5|6648|Birmingham, UK
cut the plug off the pc
do question papers
ahh As's they were fun.....not
and dont watch friends in the morning on t4 as you then get to 11 and have doen nothing
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6399|New York
think about what's going to happen if you don't study. that always motivates me.

also, seeing as how you have a lot going on, you really need to not procrastinate. split your day up. do most of what is the soonest, some of what's coming up next, and a little of what's far off. changing gears like keeps me going, and allows me to review things, rather than cram.

get a study group and go somewhere quiet. setting a time and date for a bunch of people makes you study, and is always more enjoyable.

those are the strategies i use, and they haven't failed me yet.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6459

Dr_Paulos236 wrote:

Hey all, Merry Christmas etc. I'm having trouble revising nowadays, I simply cannot for the life of me sit down and get it done. I'm normally a good student etc but with major exams in january I really need to get some done, any tips on how to get 'into the mood' to study? If any?

I'm doing 4 AS level exams in January, 2 physics, 1 economics and 1 maths.

Any tips on good revision techniques that will benefit me get a shiny +1!

Many thanks.
Welcome to the club dude.... I been revising since the 18th. I have 10 exams( retaking 7 AS and 3 A2). Anyway I am doing maths, chemistry and biology. For maths I only do past papers and for the other 2 i read the book and memorize it xD

The problem is I can't stop using the INTERNET ffs...

GOOD LUCK with ur exams

Last edited by rabee2789b (2006-12-28 08:33:25)

tiptopT
+72|6592|Scotland's Capital
Listen to music that you wont get into...Classic FM FTW!
Lots of munchy food (as healthy as you can make it)
Limited/No access to pc, forums and BF2

Good Luck
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6751|OctoLand
You now do AS's in January? how times change...all mine were done in June, I feel for u having to revise over xmas. And another tip from me would be(if your a pretty clever guy) just dont revise till the last 5 or 6 days then  work you arse off....thats what I did, got 3 A's and a B. But if your one of those people that really can't remember things, then don't listen to what I just said.

Last edited by justice (2006-12-28 08:35:40)

I know fucking karate
InnerMonkey
+62|6729
What always worked for me was to study before I goofed off.  What I mean to say is that I would go straight into studying as soon as classes or work were done.  That way, I just kept a productive rythm going.  When I would let myself slack off for a bit, the evening was lost as I'd never get back to my studies.

For those classes that are pretty much just memorization, I would re-write my notes after class as often as I could.  I ended up a better set of notes, and just the act of re-writing it allowed me to remember a lot more.  When exam time came around, I would re-write the notes a few more times.  By then, I could just re-write my notes from memory in a nice, structured format.  The way I knew I had it all in my head was when I could make a bulleted list of topics and fill in all the details from memory.

I had it easy when it came to the above methods.  I worked the computer labs on campus and could just sit and study in the afternoons.  When I left work, I was free for the rest of the night.
Microwave
_
+515|6665|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I have a physics in January, I do maths but we're doing all our exams in June.

Not started revising yet.... oh.....shit....!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard