Poll

Do you think saying Merry Christmas is offensive?

Merry Christmas is not offensive94%94% - 204
Merry Christmas is offensive5%5% - 11
Total: 215
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6516|Los Angeles
My hypothesis is that the chest-beaters loudly and sanctimoniously saying "DAMN POLITICAL CORRECTNESS I CAN SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS IF I DAMN WELL WANT!" outnumbers the people who would actually complain about Merry Christmas greetings 1000 to 1.

Meanwhile, conservative and religious groups are cashing in on the indignation, raking in the dough big time thanks to the so-called War On Christmas.

LA Times wrote:

he American Family Assn., a conservative activist group, has rung up more than $550,000 in sales of buttons and magnets stamped with the slogan "Merry Christmas: It's Worth Saying."

Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit law firm affiliated with the religious right, has taken in more than $300,000 with its Help Save Christmas Action Packs.

Also for sale through conservative websites: Christmas bracelets, tree ornaments and lapel pins intended to send a defiant message to those who would turn December into a multicultural mush of "winter parties," "seasonal sales" and "Happy Holidays" greetings.
Mafia47
+27|6756|Chicago
i'm not religious at all and things like "merry christmas" and saying "under god" in the pledge don't offend me. Other people have different beliefs and people need to get over the stupid little things.
jonsimon
+224|6511
The war on xmas stuff is just media bullshit. Its practically a national holiday
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

Most everybody cashes in on most every little thing. The "War on Christmas" is no different.
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6674|Australia
I wish everybody a Merry Christmas.

In fact i just sent a mass text message to all my mates - which includes Hindus and Muslims. They all sent a message back wishing me a Merry Christmas. it doesnt matter, and anyone who is offended needs to pull the pole out of their arse.

I hate political correctness. it is destroying this world.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6553|Long Island, New York

Mafia47 wrote:

i'm not religious at all and things like "merry christmas" and saying "under god" in the pledge don't offend me. Other people have different beliefs and people need to get over the stupid little things.
That's exactly what my status in it all is. I'm Atheist, and I'll say "under god", etc etc in school. I don't care. People who do should just lighten up.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6440|Canuckistan
omg u fockin idiots dont u get it 'merrychristmas' is offtensive n sht wtf wtf omg omg cuz im a diff. religion LOL omg y not seyy 'happychanukah' or 'happykwanzaa' omg w8 that wuld be offensive 2 condisering other peopel opinion!!! LOL!!!! this sht is u no like offentsive n sht cuz omg 'merrychristmas' wtf u fuck dont u care about my god!?!?!? dont u?!!?!??! DONT U!!?!?1!?!?!?
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6499|P-way, NJ

Archer wrote:

omg u fockin idiots dont u get it 'merrychristmas' is offtensive n sht wtf wtf omg omg cuz im a diff. religion LOL omg y not seyy 'happychanukah' or 'happykwanzaa' omg w8 that wuld be offensive 2 condisering other peopel opinion!!! LOL!!!! this sht is u no like offentsive n sht cuz omg 'merrychristmas' wtf u fuck dont u care about my god!?!?!? dont u?!!?!??! DONT U!!?!?1!?!?!?
Are you serious?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6708
Merry Christmas you filthy animal.....and a happy new year...
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6383|Cali

Archer wrote:

Take a deep breath...and retype that please.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6440|Canuckistan

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Archer wrote:

Are you serious?
duh i am cuz u no dis is 2 offtensive n sht man dis is da gayy bomb liek wtf ppl dont kare abt other ppls religions wtf yo dey be fuckrz fuckrz i tell u!!!!!!!!!!!

التعريفات wrote:

Take a deep breath.... and retype that please.
omg u chill man wtf u hypoocrite u think u r so kool wit "prize allah" n sht c dis is wat im talkin abt ppl dnt care abt pplz viewz told u told u so omg omg wtf wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EdiTLOL!!!! : k i did think it over i do respeckt muslims n stuff buh i still think dis hole sht abt tking ur religion n stuff ovr odther pplz is g@y omg haha g@y LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by Archer (2006-12-24 20:24:52)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6646|Washington, DC

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Archer wrote:

Are you serious?
You don't know Archer

I don't see why anyone would find it offensive. It's just "Merry Christmas". Will the Jews get mad at "Happy Hanukah"? The Seinfeldians mad at "Happy Festivus?". No. These are just assholes trying to get some extra cash because they can't do it any other way. They're like the claymore spammers of real life.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6499|P-way, NJ
I don't see why anyone would find it offensive. It's just "Merry Christmas". Will the Jews get mad at "Happy Hanukah"? The Seinfeldians mad at "Happy Festivus?". No. These are just assholes trying to get some extra cash because they can't do it any other way. They're like the claymore spammers of real life.

Me either, they get pissed off because of a lit tree... Merry Christmas all.

Also, I have no clue who Archer is =]
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6469|Ontario, Canada
why do people think saying "merry christmas" is offencive? wow, you must rail cocaine everyday to think that
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Archer
rapes face
+161|6440|Canuckistan

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Me either, they get pissed off because of a lit tree... Merry Christmas all.

Also, I have no clue who Archer is =]
yo u so mean u dnt kare abt other pplz religions thats a load of MALAKARKIRAKAI yea thats right a*shat u think u can just do that sht n stuff but no u cant ever herd of internetROE?????????well u goin down man ur internet crime dayz r over i still rmembr the day dad showed me the internet 

back in '91 he was microsoft employee wit reeaal internet

love u dad respeck

always
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6398|FLOOR E DUH
its just stupid jihads thinking they are cooler than everybody else because they were tablecloths and have sexytime with goats.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6660|Ohio

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Archer wrote:

Are you serious?
i would try to do a spellcheck on that, but im afraid my computer will explode.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6587|USA

jonsimon wrote:

The war on xmas stuff is just media bullshit. Its practically a national holiday
it IS a national holiday. the only time schools have to let us out is dec. 25. the rest of the two or more weeks we get is just because of the schools.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6461|The Land of Scott Walker
No, not offensive.  People choose to be offended by that statement, which is sad since the greeting is very friendly.
SpaceApollyon
Scratch where it itches
+41|6535|Finland

Stingray24 wrote:

No, not offensive.  People choose to be offended by that statement, which is sad since the greeting is very friendly.
QFE
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6399|California

Archer wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Archer wrote:

Are you serious?
duh i am cuz u no dis is 2 offtensive n sht man dis is da gayy bomb liek wtf ppl dont kare abt other ppls religions wtf yo dey be fuckrz fuckrz i tell u!!!!!!!!!!!

التعريفات wrote:

Take a deep breath.... and retype that please.
omg u chill man wtf u hypoocrite u think u r so kool wit "prize allah" n sht c dis is wat im talkin abt ppl dnt care abt pplz viewz told u told u so omg omg wtf wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EdiTLOL!!!! : k i did think it over i do respeckt muslims n stuff buh i still think dis hole sht abt tking ur religion n stuff ovr odther pplz is g@y omg haha g@y LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Oh and BTW I simply LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the COCK! So meeeaaaaaty! Oh and botlles up my ass tickle
You see guys THIS is why you shouldn't go 'brokeback mountain' on your friends, your brain will be liquefied making you a complete jackass morron, and Archer here is Living proof!

Archer what's your problem dude? If you don't like Christmas then get the fuck out of the U.S. to your crappy country, shit, I came here over from El Salvador and I'm not angry at anything here, so screw you and have a merry fucking christmas you asswipe! Ho-ho-ho BITCH!

!!! I think why he's so mad about christmas, is because Santa 'came' down his 'dirty chimney' when he was younger and now his "chimney" leaks, he liked it though, he said the 'coal' went down faster after that, poor archer, and then the reindeers came in... but that's another story... ... ... ...FINE! the reindeers screwed his brains out... THRICE, you made me tell the story, are you happy!?

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2006-12-25 02:40:50)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6787|PNW

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

Archer wrote:

Are you serious?
Your sarcasm meter's oil pressure is running a quart low.
BVC
+325|6711
No, I'm not.

Could those few people who have voted yes please say why they voted that way?  No flames, I'd just like to know.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6535|Adelaide, South Australia

Archer wrote:

Archer wrote:

---
---
EdiTLOL!!!! : k i did think it over i do respeckt muslims n stuff buh i still think dis hole sht abt tking ur religion n stuff ovr odther pplz is g@y omg haha g@y LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Archer wrote:

yo u so mean u dnt kare abt other pplz religions thats a load of MALAKARKIRAKAI yea thats right a*shat u think u can just do that sht n stuff but no u cant ever herd of internetROE?????????well u goin down man ur internet crime dayz r over i still rmembr the day dad showed me the internet 

back in '91 he was microsoft employee wit reeaal internet

love u dad respeck

always
This would have to be the worst spelling I have ever seen.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/spelling-nazis.jpg
asif_man
See Lord_Richard
+9|6657|UK

Archer wrote:

this guy is clearly in need of medical help, most probably high wen he wrote this bollocks, merry christmas to you all ! and i have 10 presents in the form of karma to give you all if u return it lol !!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard