0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6696
Okay, before you tell me to camp the roof near hotel or the market at Karkand or plant some on vehicles at spawns, let me put this out there: I've done all this. I've tried rigging Humvees and Vodniks with eight kinds of hell, kamikaze C4ing (weighted down by the god damned C4 glitch... I hate pulling out the detonator only to throw another C4), rigging roadsides, spawn camping the Artillery spawn at Kark...

Nothing gets me 13 kills. The biggest concern is the damned C4 glitch (if this glitch was fixed I would probably have the badge by now). Can someone please tell me how to get this thing?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
with the c4 badge, youll find yourself dying quite a bit.  when i got the expert badge, i think i had around 15 suicides when i got the 37 kills required.

if you throw a c4 and then are subject to the c4 glitch...just freak out and start throwing c4 everywhere.  then, when you throw your fifth one, everything just gets shot to hell.  you, your enemies, nearby friendlies...nearby enemies...vehicles...everything.  but its effective.

yeah, it sucks...but it works.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

Yeah but when you know this bug is around : ALWAYS THROW 2 C4 were you want it, 13 kills i found i hard in the beginning also but know when i look back at it, its damn easy : 64 karkand server , be MEC or USMC and run as fast as you can towards the first little square, throw 2 C4 over and wait (with help of UAV you'll know when to blow it up.) in a 64 karkand server you can get like 5 in 1 time like this.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Prodie
Moderator Emeritus
+270|6775|Nova Scotia, Canada

I don't see how, but I got this badge relatively easily.

First time I tried for the Veteran Explosives, I got it on  Karkand. I left that server and found another map with Karkand, with 12 people on it, then I got my expert Explosives.....I got my veteran and expert all within an hour.

Tips? Karkand with the mininum amount of people required to play, preferably 64 man. And yes, as someone mentioned, you'll die/suicide a lot if you really want to get it.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6741|England
I couldnt get mine for ages then I just kept spawning at hotel on karkand and running towards the US through the alleys/fences throwing it at groups of them coming through, you die loads dont worry about it, just keep spawning at hotel and running at them.
what ever you do DONT set c4 around a flag and wait, you need to be on the go for the duration of the round and only use c4
banndontv
+-1|6748
ever see those guys running around, tossing C4 then detonating before it lands?  thats probably the easiest way to do it.  just be very fast when switching to the det and firing.  the det shouldnt even come into view.

get it while you can, jump & chuck is getting patched out.
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6696
I found a better way: claymores. I decided that claymores are far more effective than C4. No camping, no problem. Just place and run, let the motion detector do the rest. I get far more kills with claymores when I try than if I try C4. It's a good flag clearer too, though, so they let my team go in and take the Hotel, making it much harder for me.

The only problem I have is TKs. I don't want to add any onto my score and there is always that retarded fag who has a third hand with all five fingers on five different keys all binded to punish. How do I get around accidentally claymoring my team?

Thanks for the advice, but I solved my problem on my own (partially; still don't have the damned badge yet).
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6787|Bulgaria
I only got the basic one. I'll try these days for the veteran one (I love silver hehe).
But I guess this will involve many TKs...
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

look at the bright side, if you dont get it, you can get the purple heart!
arizona91
+2|6751|Kansas City
The absolute easiest way to get it is to go to a 64 karkand map that only allows 30 people on it or something.  Up until a few days ago, the 24/7 Pure Evil server was exactly that situation.  Now it plays Gulf of Oman.  One game, I had 21 c4 kills on that thing with more than half of the game left to go when my wife got home with our sick little boy so I had to log off. 

Guarantee it........if you can find a map like that, you'll get it.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6756|The Netherlands
i got veteran on 24/7 64 karkand server (it was full) on the MEC side.
just running around with C4 only throwing it around in the streets around hotel.
and by setting traps behind the fence where all US come trough.
keeping calm and having luck.
bEAv3D
+24|6695|Fayettenam, NC USA
C4 will definitely do the job, but I found that using claymores worked for me.  Went to Karkand, ran down the alley toward the hotel from the American's spawn point and laid down some claymores.  Chances are you will get shot and killed by the mob that comes around the corner, but if you get one or two of those claymores out, you can watch the kills come in as you are staring at the sky.  Also, it's pointless to worry about deaths, TK's and a decent score when trying to get this badge...... just my 2 cents.
Salomi
+0|6694
I got my badge on Kubra as MEC.  Most of the kills I got I was sitting on the lower level of the bridge, throwing c4 down onto the road that everyone takes with the tanks then I would just hit em up.  It helps to have a buddy to resupply you.  It took me a while for that one too.  Its tough, but just stick with it.

Last edited by Salomi (2005-12-31 07:06:21)

man_unit
+0|6693
I got mine on Gulf of Oman, 64 person.  Setting up roadside bombs in bushes or trees works everytime.
Quexxes
+1|6726|Germany,Rheinland-Pfalz,Mayen
ok,
wenn i use C4, i die with it. Become i the Bage with suicid´s?? Ore only wenn i have no suicids ode TK?

I have see many players with C4. I shoot and they use C4 one me...they win... I dont know. I can not switch so fast for detonate.......

PS: Sorry im german.. have a bad english. Sorry
Simian_Soup
+0|6781
i think the easiest way would be to throw c4 out of a copter on mashtuur, i have seen a lot of people doing this
Stalkingsam
+0|6701
This badge was giving me a lot of trouble, until i started using clamores.  I got in a full 64 player karkand on MEC and just kept spawning at the hotel.  There are alot of choke points for clamores, and if you see someone you can throw down a clamore - you will die, but when they move they die too.  You end up dead alot watching to see if you got any kills.  I got basic and Vet my first try with this, but of course the server went down before the round ended so i lost it :-{
off to try again now.....
beranuHaong
+0|6709
how exactly do you get a purple heart can someone explain with out saying a kill death ratio make it sound simple
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6709|th3 unkn0wn

0mikr0n wrote:

I found a better way: claymores. I decided that claymores are far more effective than C4. No camping, no problem. Just place and run, let the motion detector do the rest. I get far more kills with claymores when I try than if I try C4. It's a good flag clearer too, though, so they let my team go in and take the Hotel, making it much harder for me.

The only problem I have is TKs. I don't want to add any onto my score and there is always that retarded fag who has a third hand with all five fingers on five different keys all binded to punish. How do I get around accidentally claymoring my team?

Thanks for the advice, but I solved my problem on my own (partially; still don't have the damned badge yet).
Visit a server where the teamkill punishment option is disabled like the Heroes Must Conquer server (located in Sweden) running Karkand 24/7. But watch out for the major teamkilling noobs you sometimes come across. I don't know why they do it but they appear to get a big kick out of it and there are times when they stalk me for some unknown personal reason of theirs not only killing me but also at least 5 other team mates in the process.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6709|th3 unkn0wn

Quexxes wrote:

ok,
wenn i use C4, i die with it. Become i the Bage with suicid´s?? Ore only wenn i have no suicids ode TK?

PS: Sorry im german.. have a bad english. Sorry
Yes m8, you do become the badge with suicides. Just let me know when you get it cos I've never seen it.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6774|Golden, CO
haha, all you C4/claymore whores!  I got my basic using AT Mines :p
Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6721
Err i think i'm finally going for the expert in the next days. But i noticed 2 c4 bugs: The first switches back to another c4 pack if you rightclick and the second doesn't even let you pull the detonator out. If i rightclick nothing happens. That's why i definately don't try to get it by c4 throwing
BWAG
Results May Vary
+10|6793|Michigan
I started trying for the vet badge today.  Grrrrrr!  I think I do better with claymores.
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6740|Norcal, usa
haha, who cares about explosives ordinance, you dont need it, unless ur one of those people
hutchy52
+12|6755

beranuHaong wrote:

how exactly do you get a purple heart can someone explain with out saying a kill death ratio make it sound simple
Kill 5 people, get killed by 20 people

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard