Longbow
+163|6655|Odessa, Ukraine
I'd say the worst illness i had wasn't fisical . It was Ultima Online Why ? - Simply , no other illnesses made me a mmorpg zombie with no life for 2 years . So i consider it was the worst illness i've ever had
chrissy1668
+3|6611

D6717C wrote:

chrissy1668 wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Two years ago I got hit in the lower leg while ground fighting, and it started to hurt over a few days. It finally got so bad I coudn't walk, and luckily I took a friends advice and went to the hospital. I ended up having a fucking huge blood clot in my leg, that had gone into my lungs and almost killed me. I had to take blood thinning medicine for a year, but now im mostly back to normal. Twas a bitch though.
i too had a blood clot that travelled from my leg to my lung i was only 21 at the time, i am now on warfarin for life as everytime they take me off it another clot develops and they dont know why, so far i have had 5 clots in my leg and one in my lung, trouble is the veins in my leg are so naffed i have constant pain and swelling
Damn, that sucks. I have been lucky (knock on wood), and haven't had another one. I take an 81 mg aspirin every day, that's about it. My leg hurts sometimes though, mostly when I have been standing around for a long period of time. They don't know why you are getting them?
no, ive had the usual tests for thrombophillia ect but all came back normal, the first clot i had they put down to being on the contraceptive pill but they have long since ruled that out due to the fact that i havent taken it for 7 years now but still get clots within a week of being off the warfarin, the one thing that worrys me most is that if they dont know why i get them could my two young sons end up with the same problem but the answer i get from the docs is that they dont know,
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6730|Sydney, Australia

Historian wrote:

Guillain-Barré Syndrome  http://www.gbsfi.com/overview.html
1 month in ICU, 1 month in Telemetry, 4 months in a rehabilitation hospital, 6 months outpatient ocupational/physical therapy.  For the first 6 months I was legally a quadrapalegic, I still can't walk more than about 1/2 mile or stand for about 2 hours before I collapse from exhastion. I've got about 75% muscle control, about 65% finger dexterity of a normal person and when I walk it looks like I'm drunk.

I have seen and lived through my own personal version of hell.
Dude, that illness sucks.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6666|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
chest infection not deadly but fuckin annoying.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6528|Adelaide, South Australia

dubbs wrote:

When I was either 17 or 18, I lost most of my fingernails.  My fingers were swellen because of something, I never found out.  This happened for close to a month.  I was working at KFC, and I think that I may have came in contact with something, because I was a cook and had to deal with the blood from the chicken.
Remind me not to eat there again.
47man
+46|6432|Cali

JE3146 wrote:

Type 1 diabetes...

its an illness that never ends...

EDIT::

Began in January of 2000. I had a severe fever, which many doctor's believe to be one of the culprits of juvenile diabetes. Gradually over the months, my body ceased to produce insulin and began burning fat tissue filling my blood stream with a biproduct acid in a situation called ketoacidosis. The HumaA1C level of my blood rose to over 14.5, which is similar to a PH level. Normal is ~5.5 to 6 btw.

Fat burned off because my body couldn't digest sugars. Severe stomach cramps, followed by over 30 lbs of weight loss. Constantly tired because my body had no energy, and I had to piss about once ever 45 minutes in LARGE quantities due to my body trying to flush the acids out of my system. Also due to that, I was constantly dehydrated and drank like a fish. Fell asleep in class. Grades slipped. Inevitably ended up in a 3 day hospital visit, borderline ICU.

Now, even stabalized, I have to take a shot about 5 to 6 times a day, and monitor myself, and watch food intake.

So.... ya... worst I've ever had.
I'm in the same boat as you, 2 week hospital visit though, fucking doctor was on a vacation. Take a drink, piss, by the time you finish in the bathroom you're thirsty again... gotta love it.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6728|California

I had what doctors refer to as "Hemorrhagic Fever"

Or so told the fucking retarded assistant doctor that diagnosed it.

Turned out to be nothing more than a Moderate flu and Poison Oak.

I hate doctors.
JE3146
+109|6579|Oregon

47man wrote:

JE3146 wrote:

Type 1 diabetes...

its an illness that never ends...

EDIT::

Began in January of 2000. I had a severe fever, which many doctor's believe to be one of the culprits of juvenile diabetes. Gradually over the months, my body ceased to produce insulin and began burning fat tissue filling my blood stream with a biproduct acid in a situation called ketoacidosis. The HumaA1C level of my blood rose to over 14.5, which is similar to a PH level. Normal is ~5.5 to 6 btw.

Fat burned off because my body couldn't digest sugars. Severe stomach cramps, followed by over 30 lbs of weight loss. Constantly tired because my body had no energy, and I had to piss about once ever 45 minutes in LARGE quantities due to my body trying to flush the acids out of my system. Also due to that, I was constantly dehydrated and drank like a fish. Fell asleep in class. Grades slipped. Inevitably ended up in a 3 day hospital visit, borderline ICU.

Now, even stabalized, I have to take a shot about 5 to 6 times a day, and monitor myself, and watch food intake.

So.... ya... worst I've ever had.
I'm in the same boat as you, 2 week hospital visit though, fucking doctor was on a vacation. Take a drink, piss, by the time you finish in the bathroom you're thirsty again... gotta love it.
Sorry to hear that... I was in such a bad state when they hospitalized me, that 2 weeks would have been an eternity. They went through like 3 IV bags rehydrating me. Though I have to say, when they injected me with insulin that first time, and after it kicked in, it was probably the greatest feeling in the world, because it was like night and day at how quickly all the shit went away.

How many years are you up to? Going on my 7th now.
xm20k
+11|6370
Worst illness for me sever case of food poisoning. Never figured out from what.

Worst non-illness was during a failed robbery attempt while making a drop for work. I took a 9mm to the left calf, when I drew my .45 and shot the would be robber. Long story short, I'm still here, he isn't.
Reciprocity
+721|6589|the dank(super) side of Oregon

explosivo wrote:

Homeschtar wrote:

No big illnesses, the only medical problem I have is that sometimes my heart gets off beat. That's kind of scary sometimes. My heart will just start beating weird and it feels weird like I can feel the blood rushing through me like you can feel a rush of adrenaline. Makes me get light headed if it doesn't stop for a while but that's the worst it's ever done.
i get that
like i can just be sitting watching tv or sutin...then - ..BOOM...boom boom BOOM

AND YOU FEEL AS IF YOU HAVE TO TAKE A DEEP BREATH TO CORRECT IT

is that normal?

sorry for the caps there
that's called cardiac dysrhythmia (aka arrhythmia) and you both should see doctors.  you don't fuck around with heart conditions
Nintendogamer
+72|6596|Chelmsford, UK
Haven't really had a real bad illness, but i had a lump in my neck and that got taken out, i have a scar on the side of my neck now.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6635|Sea to globally-cooled sea
thank God, I've never had any serious ailments, ever.

but when my wife was pregnant she got appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery to remove her appendix.  the operation ended up killing our baby in the 7th month.  that was kinda tough..
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6535|Singapore
had pneumonia twice when i was like 2~3 years old...spent alot of time in the hospital...but was too young to remember the feeling...

few years back i had some insane diarrhea...my tummy hurts like hell and shitted whole day long..i cant even sleep...and ending up sleeping in the toilet..
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland
I've had permanent sinuses disease for around 7 years now. I can't breathe through my nose and I take huge clumps out of my nose each day. When I went to Seville (a very dry area in Spain) my Sinuses came out, with 2 extremely large lumps of mucus about half the size of an adult foot.

Then, when I came back to Northern Ireland - It had started again within 20 minutes. Something to do with the air.
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6403|Evilsville

G3|Genius wrote:

thank God, I've never had any serious ailments, ever.

but when my wife was pregnant she got appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery to remove her appendix.  the operation ended up killing our baby in the 7th month.  that was kinda tough..
Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that! :'(
CameronPoe
+2,925|6564

mcminty wrote:

I have a constant illness.

Tinnitus. I couldn't be bothered to explain... google it or something.
Have it myself. I don't find it that bad though. My worst was getting chicken pox when I was 16.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-12-22 04:24:31)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6593|England
Not really an illness but an injury.

Fell off a bench onto concrete slabs at a pub. Everyone else was inside watching the football, and didnt notice that i had cracked my skull.

Eventually some one saw and rang the ambulance... which couldnt find where i was.

It finally arrived, but by the time i got to the hospital i had forgotten my address and the pillow i was laying on turned completely red.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6530|Istanbul-Turkey
gastric spazm.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6530
I almost died from the fucking "healthy shots (full of poison)" when I was very very young.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6655|Nova Scotia
A month or two after I quit smoking, I developed a real good cough.  After it got to the point where I was coughing every 2 or 3 seconds, I went to the doctor who diagnosed me with Bronchitis and gave me a puffer or something.    Soon thereafter during one of my coughing fits I felt something in my chest snap, followed by a severe burning sensation (who knows).  The doctor then thought I had pneumonia (although the X-ray's were negative).
After that snap each cough burned like a mofo, and I was coughing 24 hours a day.  This lasted for around a month and half before it gradually went away on it's own.
Not very severe, but due to the month and a half duration and respectable pain, I'd say it's the worst illness I've had.   I've been very lucky to have only dealt with the common illnesses like colds, and only 2 or 3 flus that I can remember.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6664|Brisbane, Australia

Funny how much you miss good health once you have something.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6764|Scotland

Never ever had anything bad. Worst was probably a sore throat.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6852|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I had a flu for a week, that's the worst I've ever had....
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6699|Devon, England
aids.
dubbs
+105|6640|Lexington, KY

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

dubbs wrote:

When I was either 17 or 18, I lost most of my fingernails.  My fingers were swellen because of something, I never found out.  This happened for close to a month.  I was working at KFC, and I think that I may have came in contact with something, because I was a cook and had to deal with the blood from the chicken.
Remind me not to eat there again.
I think that I had a cuticle (not really the cuticle, but it was near my nail) that was hanging because of the very dry weather.  Then dealing with the blood, from the chicken, it got into the that.  I am not for sure, it could have also been because of the cleaning supplys that they use.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard