Poll

World of Warcraft is ___________compared to BF2.

Nothing46%46% - 217
Better6%6% - 30
WTF? Are you kidding me?23%23% - 110
I cant believe it...there just walking around!!!!!!12%12% - 57
WOW is the "baseball" of video games.11%11% - 53
Total: 467
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6611|Ohio, USA

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

jackdreaper wrote:

Keep in mind im a huge BF2 fan, huge! So my brother convinced me to try World of Warcraft, raving about how great it is and addictive it is. I was apprehensive, but gave it a solid go. I played for a few hours and realized that WOW is the most overrated game out!!!   I was bored out of my mind, whilst in any round of BF2 I would have led a squad, flew a jet, or drove a tank and went on several killing sprees all i did was walk around a magical forest listening to  music that only belongs in war movies...for a moment i thought the movie Gladiator was about to start.

I'm just soooo surprised people enjoy it ...some 7 million people pay 15 bucks a month to just walk around and collect stuff......not even close to BF2 in my opinion....any thoughts?
$15? Try $49.99 a month, WOW is IMO a HUGE waste of money, just imagine how much money you've spent by the time you get bored , yep a HUGE waste of money, and it sucks! If you want an RPG buy a Final Fantasy game (Except 11 which is similar to WOW), BF2 wins HANDS DOWN, It's just a lot more fun.

BTW just to mention, BF2142 was a disappointment for me, I downloaded the Demo and it sucked the weapons were crap, vehicles were crap (except the walker which was fun) and the Commander mode is horrible, overall it sucked (IMO).
how is it $50 a month?  it is as low as $12.99 a month.

just imagine how much money you spent on BF2, upgrading for BF2, expansion packs, booster packs, and other things just to get bored with it in the end...

it just isn't a fair comparison.  It is literally like comparing apples to oranges.  That is like saying 'Half-Life 2 is so much more fun than Command and Conquer' it just doesn't work.  It is difficult enough to compare games within the same genre, let alone way the hell out of it.
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6399|California

Janus67 wrote:

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

jackdreaper wrote:

Keep in mind im a huge BF2 fan, huge! So my brother convinced me to try World of Warcraft, raving about how great it is and addictive it is. I was apprehensive, but gave it a solid go. I played for a few hours and realized that WOW is the most overrated game out!!!   I was bored out of my mind, whilst in any round of BF2 I would have led a squad, flew a jet, or drove a tank and went on several killing sprees all i did was walk around a magical forest listening to  music that only belongs in war movies...for a moment i thought the movie Gladiator was about to start.

I'm just soooo surprised people enjoy it ...some 7 million people pay 15 bucks a month to just walk around and collect stuff......not even close to BF2 in my opinion....any thoughts?
$15? Try $49.99 a month, WOW is IMO a HUGE waste of money, just imagine how much money you've spent by the time you get bored , yep a HUGE waste of money, and it sucks! If you want an RPG buy a Final Fantasy game (Except 11 which is similar to WOW), BF2 wins HANDS DOWN, It's just a lot more fun.

BTW just to mention, BF2142 was a disappointment for me, I downloaded the Demo and it sucked the weapons were crap, vehicles were crap (except the walker which was fun) and the Commander mode is horrible, overall it sucked (IMO).

just imagine how much money you spent on BF2, upgrading for BF2, expansion packs, booster packs, and other things just to get bored with it in the end...

it just isn't a fair comparison.  It is literally like comparing apples to oranges.  That is like saying 'Half-Life 2 is so much more fun than Command and Conquer' it just doesn't work.  It is difficult enough to compare games within the same genre, let alone way the hell out of it.
I bought BF2 Deluxe Edition (Contains SF) new for $15 plus $4 shipping and The 2 boosters EF & AF for $14.99 with free shipping . And I agree, that's why I said IMO (in my opinion), my opinion isn't everyone elses. And I didn't know it was $14 a month for WOW, I thought it was $50, so my mistake, either way I spent a lot less money :p than you thought I did. Oh, and what other things? There are just boosters and thats it, patches are free.

Like I said, whatever floats your boat, I like Resident Evil and you might hate it, that's the beauty of having our individual opinion , don't take it personal because it wasn't an attack.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6761|Houston, TX

jackdreaper wrote:

Kung Jew wrote:

I am jack's complete lack of respect for narrowmindedness...

The spectrum that some people see (are limited too) amazes me.  Condemning a game player because he/she plays a different type of game is ridiculous.  Each to their own.  For those who can't except it, meh. 

Everybody plays whatever type of game they prefer.  I enjoyed BF2 and I love FPS, yet I still stand amoungst the millions of WoW players.  You can count me amoung the RTS and sports games too.  Am I wasting my life, antisocial, uneducated, not looking into my future, or a hermit?  Not on yer life pal.

There are stereotypes on both sides of the board here.  I've got FPS friends who maintain a constant videogame tan (bleach white), and I've got MMORPG friends who need watering and reminders to eat/use the bathroom.  Who are we as gamers, to judge everyone who plays these games due to the "uber-nerds" who jack in and play for hours on end?

KJ
I said i was surprised SO MANY people pay 15 dollars a month to play WoW, u can do whatever the hell you want its ur perogative, but DO NOT deny me the emotion of "surprise."  So if u are ever surprised at anything it means u are narrow minded?

u question my "openmindedness" i never judged anyone for playing video games. to use that as part of your argument to get people to give you their sentiment is just pathetic.....

But sinse u braught it up ill give you my thoughts. Video games are a fun hobby, but like anything u do in life if you overdo it it can become malevolent. We all have different threasholds......how dare you try to take a shot at me with you pathetic attempt at sarcasm and even more pathetic attempt at gaining the sympathy of other posters here......

sad.

"I welcome criticism....but not stupidity." - me
"Whoa, whoa, whoa... nice shootin Tex." - Bill Murray, Ghostbusters.

jackdreaper, I think you might have me misunderstood sir.  None of this is directed at you.  I simply read through all replies, and noticed a trend of members slamming a different style of game. 
I will never deny any member the emotion of surprise.  I'm not trying to bandwagon people against you.  My comment was not an attack.  I don't say that being surprised = being narrowminded.  If you reread the post (and the one earlier)  I am simply saying that alot of members seem to have alot of narrowminded responses (ie Wow sucks, people who play mmorpg's are losers, etc...)

The I am jack's complete... narrowmindedness. line is a reference to a movie called "Fight Club" and in no way is related to you.  Even if I was referring to you as "jack" I don't see how you could construe that as an attack.

Frankly, I'm surprised that someone of your level of prose didn't see the intentions of my posts. 

As for your anger on the issue, I believe it to be misdirected.  You should ease up on that trigger finger of yours.  Your original question was for a comparison between two completely different games. (both style and content)  You asked for thoughts, and gave your opinion.  You have received feedback, both positive and negative.   I support both BF2 and WoW, and have offered my thoughts on both.  Then I offer my thoughts on the responses you gotten.  Both my posts leave my position in an equal or neutral territory concerning which is better.  (For the record: This thread/poll wasn't started to give an equal playing field for comparison.)  Somewhere in there, you felt I was attacking you? 

If you have any further issues with my post, PM me about it.

Your neighborhood friendly moderator,
KJ
Janus67
Tech God
+86|6611|Ohio, USA

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

Janus67 wrote:

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

I bought BF2 Deluxe Edition (Contains SF) new for $15 plus $4 shipping and The 2 boosters EF & AF for $14.99 with free shipping . And I agree, that's why I said IMO (in my opinion), my opinion isn't everyone elses. And I didn't know it was $14 a month for WOW, I thought it was $50, so my mistake, either way I spent a lot less money :p than you thought I did. Oh, and what other things? There are just boosters and thats it, patches are free.

Like I said, whatever floats your boat, I like Resident Evil and you might hate it, that's the beauty of having our individual opinion , don't take it personal because it wasn't an attack.
Wow, I didn't know it was that cheap now.  I purchased BF2 for $50 around release, and SF for $40 around release.  Then the booster packs for $10 I think... meh, too much for me.  I just don't think that you should have to pay for maps, imho those should be done in patches (for free).
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6860|Sacramento, Cal
WoW owns BF2
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6739|SPARTA
WoW is boring, demands no skill, needs to much time to get real action. So guess what i chose.

I love the feeling of owning just with my raw skill than that "character skill" in WoW.

22 people voted for "better"? You know that this can get you killed in this forum?
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6739|SPARTA

eMarine wrote:

WoW owns BF2
Always going the easy way, ain't ya?
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6759|Backward Ass Kansas
WoW is the WNBA and LPGA of the morbidly fat chick that plays at the bar all the time.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6782|UK

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

2 people voted better!  HERESY!

The only good thing to ever come out of WoW was the massive owning laid down in that rape of the funeral.
Ofc its better it has 8 million subscribers.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6535|Montucky

Des.Kmal wrote:

WoW is the Golf of video games... worse than baseball
WoW is the "Bowling" of Video games... worse than Golf.
weamo8
+50|6459|USA
I dont think there really is a "better" or "worse," but if you want to put it in those terms WoW is doubtlessly better.  7 million subscribers?!?  These people far outnumber BF2 players, and they are paying to play!

I personally like BF2 better, but all of you who feel so superior to those WoW nerds (because BF2 players are so damn cool!) are diluted.

We are all pathetic.
topthrill05
+125|6594|Rochester NY USA
Odd how it is worse but yet more people play it, and pay. Imagine if it was free?
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
WTF, now this is starting to become a fricking WoW fansite. The fucking grudge has taking over!"!!
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6792|UK
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy Jeeeeennnnkiiiiiiiins!
Dwit
+34|6526
World of Warcraft is WTF? Are you kidding me? compared to BF2.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6585|Mountains of NC

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/Special_Agent_Bobs_photos/gay.jpg

7 million people play, blah blah blah ----- thats the only line I have heard from the WOW supporters

well no shit 7 million play bc they can't handle the fast pace of BF2, you got little kids, women and old people that play it ---- little kids and old people don't have the reflexes to hang it in BF2 and most women don't like to glorify war
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark

SEREMAKER wrote:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316 … os/gay.jpg

7 million people play, blah blah blah ----- thats the only line I have heard from the WOW supporters

well no shit 7 million play bc they can't handle the fast pace of BF2, you got little kids, women and old people that play it ---- little kids and old people don't have the reflexes to hang it in BF2 and most women don't like to glorify war
Thats fricking right! Gave you another karma if I had the opportunity!
jord
+2,382|6694|The North, beyond the wall.
WOW is the best word ever, i use it on a regular basis.

"Wow! Look at who ugly she is!"

"Wow ,what a crazy thing to do!"

Some examples there.
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark
But now that fricking game has taking that damn word but we shall retaliate.

WoW now means World of Wankers!!!!
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6585|Mountains of NC

jord wrote:

Some examples there.
WOW, world of warcraft is fucking gay and the people that drop $15 a month are retarded
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
stef10
+173|6498|Denmark

SEREMAKER wrote:

jord wrote:

Some examples there.
WOW, world of warcraft is fucking gay and the people that drop $15 a month are retarded
Beautifully said, some other downsides are viruses that fricking fuc k your computer up.
Spyware that robs more money from you. And some fricking grudge that fricking invades and then finally devils.
Enzzenmachine
+20|6362
well 7 millions tards against 1 million (bf2 players.. don't know how many we are exactly though) wonderful and smart people.
Seriously, I have a good friend who plays WoW, and I always tell him he's a tard to play it.. I'm sorry but for me, someone who just accept to pay each month 15 bucks to just be able to play a game, is just a tard since he can even see WoW's developpers fuck him so hard.
I couldn't enjoy a game I'd have to pay each month to have the right to play it. Finally, you pay for the CD, not for the game.
David.P
Banned
+649|6290
Wow is shit!
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6382
Oh, I don't doubt WoW is fun and can be a potentially great game. But, when it comes down to it,

CS=A BUCKETLOAD OF SKILL
Bf2=SKILL
WoW=NO SKILL

You will never have WoW competitions. No CAL for wow, no CPL, no TWL, no OGL, no ESEA, no CEVO, nothing.

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2007-05-08 14:05:27)

topthrill05
+125|6594|Rochester NY USA
PvP is much much harder to master.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard