liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK
Download Links: [33MB]Other Links:General Information:
  • Release Date: 12.19.2006

Details:

Official Announcement wrote:

Greetings,
Christmas is right around the corner and the 1.10 Update is here for Battlefield 2142. This update continues to fine tune the game while addressing many issues. Here is this full fix list for this update:

* Gameplay Tweaks
          o Gunship Gunner Missile - The Gunship Gunner's Anti-Vehicle missile has been adjusted to address control difficulties that were apparent in high latency situations. The damage potential of the missile remains unchanged.
          o Gunship EMP effect duration - The duration of the EMP effect on Gunships has been reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds. Gunships at medium to high altitude can now recover from a long ranged EMP attack.
          o Takao T20 and P33 Pereira Pistols - The maximum rate of fire has been increased on both the EU and PAC pistols. The pistol bullets' damage over distance has also been tweaked to allow for a slightly larger ideal range. Players should find the handgun's effectiveness as a close range panic weapon to be greatly improved.
          o Ganz H-MG - The Ganz H-MG's damage and deviation per round has been adjusted to balance the weapon with the base LMGs. The Ganz retains its min and max accuracy as well as its unique firing behavior making it a more attractive alternate weapon for the support kit.
          o AE Defuser - The maximum range of the AE Defuser has been increased. Engineers can now defuse unattended mines and explosives from ranges up to 10m.

* Gameplay Bugfixes
          o IT-33 Optical Camouflage - A bug that caused camouflaged players in medium to long range situations to be more visible than originally intended has been fixed. The IT-33 now functions as it did in the Public Beta. Thanks to former Beta Testers who helped to track down this issue.
          o SD-8 Accipiter - A bug that was causing the SD-8 Accipiter drone to sometimes fail to acquire targets has been addressed. The SD-8 now reacts quickly and properly to those targets identified by your squad's NetBat system.
          o Reserved Slot Enhancement - Reserved slot servers will now allow the full number of player slots to be used by non-RS list players. When a reserved slot player joins the last player to join the server will be kicked.
          o Added unlock control to unranked servers -
                + Tier-1 Unlocks: All first tier unlocks can now be made available regardless of player rank on unranked servers.
                + Tier restriction control: Admins on unranked servers may now select which unlock tiers are available for use on the server. Please note that this setting does not grant access to unlocks that a player has not earned through ranked play.
          o Unranked Spectator Functionality - Added spectator player slots to unranked servers. Players may join a server as a spectator. Please note that spectator players will need to exit the server and rejoin as a player in order to join a team.
          o PunkBuster - Update to most current PB client files.
          o Fix for resupply exploits on unlimited ammo weapons and vehicles.
          o Players may no longer move inside of the cargo bay crates on titans using the sentry drone.
          o Demo packs drop through first section of the 3rd and 4th upper hallways of both titans
          o Away bonus is now properly calculated with in-game promotions
          o Ranks and current score should now be displayed correct.
          o Duty ribbons will no longer be awarded before the needed criteria have been met
          o Stats related to commander score will no longer be randomly reset to zero
          o Unable to tab to password field when using a dedicated server
          o Slowed down the speed that the news ticker cycles through messages
          o Fixed the issue that causes the highlighted section of the server to be shortened when looking at server information
          o Fixed the server browser issue that caused multiple menus to scroll at the same time.

We also wanted to thank everyone who helped us beta test this Update.

Best Holiday Wishes,
/Your Dice Live team

ReadMe wrote:

==================
X. PATCH 1.10
==================
BUG FIXES
- Remove ability to resupply all unlimited ammo objects
- No longer able to use Sentry Gun pushing player into Titan Crate collision
- No longer able to use RDX DemoPaks drop through first section of the 3rd and 4th upper hallways of both Titans
- Away Bonus is now used when calculating in-game promotions
- Improved communication with GameSpy Database
- EU Duty Ribbon/PAC Duty Ribbon awarded correctly when all criteria are fulfilled
- “Commander score" statistic no longer resets to zero
- Enabled tabbing to password field when using a dedicated server
- News Tickers Speed time to display increased
- When scrolling through the list in Multiplayer you no longer move both at the same time as the server info
- EMP effect on Gunships reduced from 4 to 3 seconds allows the gunship to recover when throttled up at medium altitude
- SL drone:  Tweaked the acceleration on the left right aiming for the bot. It now acquires targets properly
- Adjusted pistols: Increased ROF Clamp values, slightly reduced damage fall off over range
- Adjusted up the damage of the HMG rounds to counter its lower RPM
- Adjusted and/or increased entry radius points for all vehicles 
- Removed unused RangeFinder setting from EU Walker, Titan Guns to fix the APC/Railgun/FAV draw out bug
- Fix for latency and TV guided missiles (lowered the acceleration on the missile and fixed firing lag)
- Fixed active camouflage to no longer offset image
- Changed default server port to 17567
- Update to most current PunkBuster client files

FEATURES
- Reserved Slot Enhancement (Gives reserved slots the ability to be filled if not used)
- Unranked Unlock Control (Option to give all first level unlocks and Enable/Disable control of all other unlock levels use)
- Spectator Function
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6835|Reykjavík, Iceland.
How ironic, the two weapons that gets a boost in this patch are the only two I don't have unlocked.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6611|Cork, Ireland
Jesus Christ. I just realized that the Ganz will become what the PKM did in BF2. Oh fuck. Just imagine the endless topics!
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6636|Camoran's Paradise
Glad they at least fixed the pistols' ROF.
Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Jesus Christ. I just realized that the Ganz will become what the PKM did in BF2. Oh fuck. Just imagine the endless topics!
Imagine the endless of fun to own those people who don't have it. :3
MrEzeuss
+26|6382|Nethterlands (ZH)
And what about the maps? They where testing some maps too?
l41e
+677|6640

That's one small file. 33MB?!

Edit: Done. It took 45 seconds, max.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-12-19 13:12:46)

Inspect@hDeck
+23|6417|Browntown
The GANZ really isn't that good still. Not better then the Shuko or the Bianchi.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
Yay, my game is crashing!

It crashes about 5 seconds after opening.

Wait a minute...

Oh. Right. My renamed exe.

Last edited by Spark (2006-12-19 15:56:05)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
APortillo
+21|6504|California, USA
I downloaded it, tried to install it, but it failed. I tried a couple more time but it still failed. So i said screw it, there are probably still some servers running on 1.06. I log on, connect and it crashes. Tried it again and again but i only get as far as clicking on multiplayer. Anyone know what the problem is?
Korrd
+1|6330
I was having the same problem, AP. Installing 1.10 gave me a "patching failed" message, after which the game was hosed. Reinstalled, but then I couldn't get any patch other than 1.01 to work.

Turns out it was a low disk space problem. If you've got less than 700MB free, the patch will alert you it needs at least that much to install, but I checked bf2142Patch.log and it was reporting the patch failed because it needed nearly 1.5GB to work with. /shrug

Deleted some junk, tried again, patched fine from a clean install to 1.10. Check your free space, see if that's the problem.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6597|Greenwood, IN

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

It already has... was playing this morning and my god...
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6533|Winterpeg, Canada
I get 15 fps now, down from 20. Even a better reason to get a new rig now.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6552
I still get regular c2d's. Played about an hour yesterday with no problems. Then......c2d. I notice to that after I c2d once, I continue to have connection issues the rest of the night. Bastards!!
spon
+2|6835|San Jose, CA
Today 1.10, tomorrow 1.11!

(just like 1.05 and 1.06!)

I still thought that was funny...

Happy gaming!
Zefar
+116|6641|Sweden
Man I got the huge titan lag if I just go a tad bit to far into the Titan so I can't defend it from inside nor can I attack it. Which is rather boring.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6577|Montreal
i am on vacation and can't wait to get back to try the new tv missile. any opinions on it yet?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard