Poll

Do you disbelieve anyone that posts saying they were in the military?

Yes23%23% - 44
No68%68% - 126
Of course8%8% - 15
Total: 185
Dizik
It tastes like burning
+23|6825|Moore, OK

silo1180 wrote:

Went to Misawa, Japan and get bumped up from HF to satellite comms.
Ah Misawa....I should have never left there. I was there from Jan. 2002 - Jan. 2004, and I too worked on "the hill", but as a 3C251 (i.e. Tech. Control) in the NCC. My wife didn't want to move to Japan, so instead of staying for another tour, we got orders to Langley AFB, Virginia. While I enjoyed Langley, Misawa was a blast. I miss Forever's damn it. Best chu-highs in the city.

While I was there, they changed the name of the building from MCOC (Misawa Cryptologic Operations Center) to the MSOC (Misawa Security Operations Center). They say it's due to wanting all of the regional centers, Medina (MRSOC), Kunia (KRSOC), Ft. Gordon (GRSOC), etc. etc. having a similar naming convention. Most of us joked around saying that the higher ups got tired of hearing disgruntled personnel saying: "I work at the MCOC. Mmmm....cock."

Last edited by Dizik (2006-12-21 00:43:45)

(cob)mikko
+21|6454|finland
here in finland all men have to go in army i was ranger! if you dont go you get one year in prison! that was some great time there!  sorry my bad english!
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6390|MN

Mong0ose wrote:

Does anyone really care

And more to the point, does it actually matter a rats left nut whether you believe someone or not anyway

I hate to break it to you but this is the 'Internet', its not real life

People can make up whatever they want, if you believe it, more fool you
I think we only care because it is considered disrespectful to claim to be ex-military when you are not.  The reason for this is that it cheapens what was sacrificed to serve.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

(cob)mikko wrote:

here in finland all men have to go in army i was ranger! if you dont go you get one year in prison! that was some great time there!  sorry my bad english!
We call that conscription

Taiwan has the same too, but I don't have a Taiwanese citizenship.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BVC
+325|6705
I believe some, but not all.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

Mong0ose wrote:

Does anyone really care

And more to the point, does it actually matter a rats left nut whether you believe someone or not anyway

you do realize, though, that although the internet itself is a virtual space, there are real people sitting in front of their computers ? ( unless, of course, the internet is just a big CIA hoax and you people are all bots in reality )

Also, people in "real life" lie and get lied to, too.

If we had the same conversation face to face, maybe you wouldn't be able to tell if I was speaking the truth either ?

If you don't know someone, it is all about trust, common sense and the ability to correctly judge a person.

And in that regard, the internet ain't so much different from the so-called "real life".
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6731|Sydney, Australia
I am only 17, but have been in the Australian Air Force Cadets for about 2 and a half years. During that time, I've spent a 2 week stint at RAAF Wagga Wagga and a 1 week stint at RAAF Williamtown. RAAF Wagga Wagga, I noticed, has a golf course...

silo1180 wrote:

For you (actual) ex-military peeps... anyone know why most military installations have a golf course?  The answer will freak you out!
After the base commander refused to give the JNCO course Steyrs for our graduation parade, she probably went and had a round of golf. What else are the officers meant to do after a hard day's work singing papers... go have a round of tennis at the Officers Mess? *

The other alternative would be to use the golf course for a NAVEX. Nothing like finding a bearing to the next hole - great navigation (fieldcraft) training exercise.

As for actual military stuff, I am currently in the application phase for ADFA, to become an engineering officer in the RAAF.

* Yes, RAAF Williamtown's O's Mess does actually have a few tennis courts.

EDIT: Yeah, that would be fucking right... the google map of RAAF Williamtown has clouds over it.

EDIT2: Here we go, RAAF Wagga Wagga:

https://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4674/raagwgwgcopyig0.jpg

Two weeks there. March around base in our Course (Junior NCO's C course) only on those blue areas. The stayed in the "blocks". Not sure if it was building 311. The RAAF SALT is some training building. As mentioned, my classroom was there, on the 2nd story. Mess was pretty good - ice cream was available with every lunch and dinner... read EVERY! (and never at home, lol). And the parade ground - where we did all of your drill and daily parade. Bloody massive.

If I recall correctly, the golf course is to the north-east of the parade ground.

Believe me?

Mcminty.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6496|UK

LividBovine wrote:

Mong0ose wrote:

Does anyone really care

I think we only care because it is considered disrespectful to claim to be ex-military when you are not.  The reason for this is that it cheapens what was sacrificed to serve.
That is a very fair point, and may i say very well expressed
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6608|Cheshire. UK

KillerClown_UK wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Give me proof you were in the military, pictures of you in service and MOS details. Gunslinger and usmarine2007 proved it.
The Joker in the middle is me

Iraq 2004

http://xs510.xs.to/xs510/06513/CREW.JPG
They still using that pile of shit SA80 then. have they fixed the magazine ejection, we were one of the first battalions to use that in NI, we had to tie a bit of string to the magazine so we did not lose it if we banged against the button to eject the magazine LOL. and that is not the kind of thing about a weapon you will find on Google i don't think, only if you have used it.

1st battalion queens regiment just in case you wanted to know 10 years, mind you they do not exist anymore.

And what does amaze me about people that say they are in the forces, is that they seem to get a lot of time off to play games if you look at some of there stats.
Yeah they fixed the mag release within a couple of months of original issue.....( they put a metal cover over it!!)

We are now using SA80 A2 ...a few extra tweaks better mags but still basically the same rifle...mind you I never had any probs with the A1 ...you keep it clean ..it works..
KillerClown_UK
+0|6397

joker3327 wrote:

KillerClown_UK wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

The Joker in the middle is me

Iraq 2004

http://xs510.xs.to/xs510/06513/CREW.JPG
They still using that pile of shit SA80 then. have they fixed the magazine ejection, we were one of the first battalions to use that in NI, we had to tie a bit of string to the magazine so we did not lose it if we banged against the button to eject the magazine LOL. and that is not the kind of thing about a weapon you will find on Google i don't think, only if you have used it.

1st battalion queens regiment just in case you wanted to know 10 years, mind you they do not exist anymore.

And what does amaze me about people that say they are in the forces, is that they seem to get a lot of time off to play games if you look at some of there stats.
Yeah they fixed the mag release within a couple of months of original issue.....( they put a metal cover over it!!)

We are now using SA80 A2 ...a few extra tweaks better mags but still basically the same rifle...mind you I never had any probs with the A1 ...you keep it clean ..it works..
Still like the SLR nice long so you can jab people in the chest good one in NI

Last edited by KillerClown_UK (2006-12-21 04:39:34)

joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6608|Cheshire. UK

KillerClown_UK wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

KillerClown_UK wrote:

LOL..good one...I had the good ole wooden furniture...a lot better that the black plastic stuff...and a SUIT sight...looks good doing the Belfast lean!! mind you the SA80 is a damn sight easier to carry ....
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
Gunslinger is all talk. ;p jk!
KillerClown_UK
+0|6397

joker3327 wrote:

KillerClown_UK wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

LOL..good one...I had the good ole wooden furniture...a lot better that the black plastic stuff...and a SUIT sight...looks good doing the Belfast lean!! mind you the SA80 is a damn sight easier to carry ....
Yer its a good weapon and i like the way the sling works so on VCP you can have it down by your side, or when you need to climb over obstacles you can strap it against your body.

Last edited by KillerClown_UK (2006-12-21 10:20:46)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Gunslinger is all talk. ;p jk!
go on and hug, he's all warm and stuff
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6378|Netherlands

Actually... I think the people who did actually served have the pride not to brag about it on some online gaming forum without being asked. I used to be in a clan (=US= Clan, avoid it at all costs) and a lot of people claimed to be active military personnel. Funny how ACTIVE military personnel finds the time to be in a gaming clan and play video games all day long.

Tiger
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6503|Connecticut

VspyVspy wrote:

If you've served you can tell who's lying
Exactly.
Malloy must go
deeznutz1245
+483|6503|Connecticut
Nothing, and I mean nothing annoys me more than when someone finds out that I am a former Marine, they fucking tell me 1,000 reasons why they couldnt get in. "Yeah I was all signed up to go and be Force Recon and then a bee stung me in the dick and I got liitlecockatitus and the recruiter wouldnt let me in. Uh Uh I would have been fuckin Rambo n' shit dude".            *sighing*          I hate "that" guy and he is always in a bar and can see one of my tattoo's which is why they always ask.
Malloy must go
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
I believe Gunslinger because I've seen the pictures to prove it. Everyone else the jury is out on but I don't specifically doubt anyone in particular.
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6672|Groningen, The Netherlands
Since I got a military man in my clan, I dont disbelieve other ones when saying they were/are in the military.
deeznutz1245
+483|6503|Connecticut

CameronPoe wrote:

I believe Gunslinger because I've seen the pictures to prove it. Everyone else the jury is out on but I don't specifically doubt anyone in particular.
I dont have a whole lot of pictures from when I was in. The first condo I had when I got out had a basement flood so %80 of all my memories were ruined. I do, however, have a couple Marine Corps tattoos, the scar on my bicep from when they put a cigar out on it (hazing tradition for new NCO's), my American Legion card, a DD-214, Veteran license plates, a cigarette habit, a strange love for extremely cheap beer, a few moments of drunken indiscretion (do not ride a refridgerator down stairs, trust me) a lot of good USMC buddies, an extra birthday on 11/10, extra duece gear I never turned in, the inability to walk by an Army/Navy store without going in, bad knees, bad back, short hair and long stories. Maybe if I ever come to Ireland you can convince me to put down a Coors lite and sip on a Guiness and I can tell you one.
Malloy must go
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6559|UK

No real reason not to belive them, besides it makes absolutly no difference to me who was and who wasnt.

Martyn
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6839|Grapevine, TX

VspyVspy wrote:

QFE, If you've served, you know the truth. The one's that talk and don't quite match up, they are easy to spot. Epically the one's that make up some lame excuse for not finishing boot camp or something, sad really.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6725|US
Just a note, you need something like 20/70 to be pilot qualified in the USAF.  Also, they offer corrective surgery, but DO NOT get it before you join.  If you do, you will be disqualified.  Navigators need 20/200 or less.

As for the original topic, if you have served, you can tell most of the liars out there.  Some are pretty smart about it though.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654

deeznutz1245 wrote:

...DD-214....
all you need.  the only ones that matter are the memories that you could never prove to anyone.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6654

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

QFE, If you've served, you know the truth. The one's that talk and don't quite match up, they are easy to spot. Epically the one's that make up some lame excuse for not finishing boot camp or something, sad really.
yeah, like psoriosis....lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard