CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6528|USA
I need to learn Arabic, and I am wondering if any of you who share similar interests or already know the language could offer insights on how/what/where is the best and most practical way to go about such a task.  Thank you.

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2006-12-21 08:37:00)

kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA
Gunslinger was learning one or two of the eastern languages i think, you might try asking him.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6607|Seattle

Watch Team America world Police. That's where I learned all of my Arabic.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6608|Cheshire. UK
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565
Well personally I find self teaching the best method of learning languages. First I learn the grammar structure and then expand my vocab with nouns and connecting words. Immersion in the coutry of the language soon gets you up to speed (or having a gf from said country).

Oh and I think GS was learning Farsee not Arabic.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-12-21 09:35:16)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6458

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

I need to learn Arabic, and I am wondering if any of you who share similar interests or already know the language could offer insights on how/what/where is the best and most practical way to go about such a task.  Thank you.
I know arabic.. cuz I am arabic lol everyone gonna like me now huh?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6565

rabee2789b wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

OMGz. Don't blow up the internet with your suicide keyboard!!
r'Eeee
+311|6458

CameronPoe wrote:

rabee2789b wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

OMGz. Don't blow up the internet with your suicide keyboard!!
lol don't worry I won't !
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

Joker wrote:

Salam Alyacum !!
Ain't that Urdu and it means hello or good bye? I dunno...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
Im learning a bit of farsi from some persian friends in school and Im taking my next arabic class pretty soon.  Its a difficult language to scratch the surface on but once you get the hand of all the alif's and the bah's and understand that there is pretty much 3 or 4 words for every single thing in the language.  you got words that have feminine and mascular "vowels"  for the singular, the plural and the 3rd person.  farsi is very similar to arabic except for the obvious differences in pronunciation and a lot of letters in farsi arent in arabic.  something else about arabic is that I believe that there are like 17 different dialects.  for example, you have iraqi arabic, egyptian arabic, palestinian arabic, sudanese yada yada yada...All arab media broadcasts are in modern standard arabic as is the koran.  chances are if you get in a language class, youll be learning modern standard arbic.   Its a beautiful language and hot arab chicks making the gargling sound in their throats to pronounce certain sounds that dont exist in the english alphabet really turn me on.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-12-21 10:13:17)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

the best way to learn a language is the live with those fuckers who speak that certain language for a period of time.  if you wanna learn it fluently, you have to be surrounded by it for the majority of your day.  classes will get you a good basic understanding but you got be immersed in the language
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
Burka Burka Shehandjob Jihad?!

Last edited by ATG (2006-12-21 10:18:03)

stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6489|Sheffield-England
Derka Derka Derka Muhammad Jihad!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Im learning a bit of farsi from some persian friends in school and Im taking my next arabic class pretty soon.  Its a difficult language to scratch the surface on but once you get the hand of all the alif's and the bah's and understand that there is pretty much 3 or 4 words for every single thing in the language.  you got words that have feminine and mascular "vowels"  for the singular, the plural and the 3rd person.  farsi is very similar to arabic except for the obvious differences in pronunciation and a lot of letters in farsi arent in arabic.  something else about arabic is that I believe that there are like 17 different dialects.  for example, you have iraqi arabic, egyptian arabic, palestinian arabic, sudanese yada yada yada...All arab media broadcasts are in modern standard arabic as is the koran.  chances are if you get in a language class, youll be learning modern standard arbic.   Its a beautiful language and hot arab chicks making the gargling sound in their throats to pronounce certain sounds that dont exist in the english alphabet really turn me on.
LOL! +1
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6559|Southeastern USA

ghettoperson wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

LOL! +1
i dunno, alot of that sounds like they're hawking up loogies to me, same thing with french, and in spite my being from the south we really aren't into that.................

farting with a woman, however, is a great bonding experience
|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6392|California

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

Try Rossetta Stone: http://www.rosettastone.com/en/

It's the best way to learn a language really fast, a friend of mine learned extremelly good Swedish in less than a year (less than 6 months), you should give it a try, it's kind of expensive though ($200 more or less for the 2 discs), hoep this helps. BTW try eBay I see them all the time there, maybe you can get lucky and find the Arabic one there for a lot less than retail price.

Just wondering, is it for a job or the military you need to speak Arabic?

****You can request a free Demo, just try one of the 4 lanuages demo's they offer and then they give you an optional download when you finish (30 languages in the downloadable demo).

Last edited by |=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo. (2006-12-21 11:42:07)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6529|Πάϊ

kr@cker wrote:

farting with a woman, however, is a great bonding experience
you mean just farting in her presence or does she respond in kind?
ƒ³
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6528|USA

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

It's the best way to learn a language really fast, a friend of mine learned extremelly good Swedish in less than a year (less than 6 months), you should give it a try, it's kind of expensive though ($200 more or less for the 2 discs), hoep this helps. BTW try eBay I see them all the time there, maybe you can get lucky and find the Arabic one there for a lot less than retail price.

Just wondering, is it for a job or the military you need to speak Arabic?

****You can request a free Demo, just try one of the 4 lanuages demo's they offer and then they give you an optional download when you finish (30 languages in the downloadable demo).
yes, the military.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6431|California, US
Im really interested in German
You could try to use a translater
but it doesnt translate into English letters
thats the only porblem
But anyway, places like www.freetranslation.com (be sure to click on "Free Translation")
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

|=-sL-.Cujucuyo. wrote:

Xbone Stormsurgezz
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6528|USA
thank you all.  any other helpful comments are appreciated.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
apply to the american university in beirut and come back after a few years and get commisioned
r'Eeee
+311|6458

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

thank you all.  any other helpful comments are appreciated.
u can ask me anything u want, just pm me or add me to ur xfire i will teach u xD. Althought I am sure it will be very hard
Abstinuous
+33|6441

Mekstizzle wrote:

Joker wrote:

Salam Alyacum !!
Ain't that Urdu and it means hello or good bye? I dunno...

Wikipedia wrote:

Urdū (اردو) is an Indo-Aryan language of the Indo-Iranian branch, belonging to Indo-European family of languages. It is an Apabhramsha that developed under Persian, Turkish, and Arabic influence in South Asia during the Delhi Sultanate and Mughal Empire (1200–1800 CE).
urdu is derived from arabic and other languages

arabic is a hard language good luck learning it, the american univeristy of beirut(AUB) is a very good school I got my undergrad there, if u r in college go there as an exchange student i guarantee the fun:D and good education.

just don't got now, they fucked up my country
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6510|Los Angeles

joker3327 wrote:

http://www.rosettastone.com/en/?a=b

Salam Alyacum !!
If you look hard enough you might be able to find that for free

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard