Hanon1990
+7|6525|Vancouver
Ok, so I as well as many others believe that Contract_killa's way of getting the badges are statpadding. Well I have the Silver one and I got it no problem, and this is how I did it.

First, you repair your own titan guns, and NO YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE IN THE SEAT!

You get 1 point towards the badge (even though it says you get 2 on screen) for a max total of 6 or 8 (I cant remember). Next, the best way and easiest way to do it without anyone helping you, is to repair your assets. You get 2 repair points for doing those.

If your assets are not blown up, take RDX and do it yourself. (And yes, you will receive -1 score for damaging assets). Next re-spawn as Engineer and fix the mess you have created.

Voila, very easy, and non stat padding way

Hope this helps,

Hanon1990
Contract_Killa
+70|6370|Australia, A.C.T
Meh just get it from repairing the titan guns the whole round if you dont need someone in the seat.

And no im not saying to get someone to get ur friend to blow em up.

Easiest map for this to work is Sidi Power plant btw.

Since that map has a shitload of AA guns.
Hanon1990
+7|6525|Vancouver
No, trust me I have tried. EA has made it that you can only get a certain amount of points from titan guns. The rest needs to be obtained somewhere else.

EDIT: Bronze is possible with only guns, but Silver and Gold are not!

Last edited by Hanon1990 (2006-12-20 20:52:54)

Contract_Killa
+70|6370|Australia, A.C.T
Oh ok.

Didnt know

Only have my bronze one lol. Was gonna start working on engineer but i got to B.Gen and then quit.
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia
I go my bronze and silver in the same round off Titan guns.
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6447|Barcelona
I got my silver as commander and only repairing titan guns the whole round (I was the whole round on my titan. Titan guns were the only things I repaired in that round for sure).
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
...how is blowing up your own assets and then repairing them not stat padding?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6721|California

ThomasMorgan wrote:

What makes a rainbow? What makes beer?

It just does!

Last edited by stryyker (2006-12-21 00:31:31)

Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Uh...because you lose points for blowing up your own stuff?  So you're no better off...though this is a highly questionable method to getting the gold engineer badge (or any badge), and getting repair points has always been, and always will be, a royal pain in the ass.
Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6562|Australia, NSW
well i think your method is wrong. you get 2 points for bringing a gun back to life. these are jus points, not repair points. and you can only get 16 points doing this. you can get these without anyone in the seat.

however, to get a repair points, somebody must be in the seat, and you must repair the whole bare worth for 1 pt. i got my silver badge repairing titan guns while there were people in there, while i couldnt get it when nobody occupied them.

so my advice for people is just get ur commander and others to occupy the guns, while you spend the round repairing. if the commander moves the titan out into the middle of the map, ppl are more likely to kill the guns, meaning more repair points.
Dr_Paulos236
+41|6397|England

Drax wrote:

well i think your method is wrong. you get 2 points for bringing a gun back to life. these are jus points, not repair points. and you can only get 16 points doing this. you can get these without anyone in the seat.

however, to get a repair points, somebody must be in the seat, and you must repair the whole bare worth for 1 pt. i got my silver badge repairing titan guns while there were people in there, while i couldnt get it when nobody occupied them.

so my advice for people is just get ur commander and others to occupy the guns, while you spend the round repairing. if the commander moves the titan out into the middle of the map, ppl are more likely to kill the guns, meaning more repair points.
Its good advice, however the repair points for unoccupied titan guns DO COUNT. I got my silver through a combination of repairing when they were and when they were not occupied. Follow Draxes advice and you'll be away!
MrEzeuss
+26|6392|Nethterlands (ZH)

Magius5.0 wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Uh...because you lose points for blowing up your own stuff?  So you're no better off...though this is a highly questionable method to getting the gold engineer badge (or any badge), and getting repair points has always been, and always will be, a royal pain in the ass.
So getting three people together knifing and healing isn't statpadding too, because the person that dies gets bad stats?
Or sitting in a tank on the edge of a screen to gain 'time in armor' isn't stat padding because your team loses because you don't participate in the battle and are hogging a piece of weaponry.

And the number one reason it isn't statpadding:
killing someone on your own team to get to the aforementioned tank isn't bad, because you get negative points for that to.

Here's a cup of coffee, time to smell it and wake up!!
Wrecking your own stuff to benefit from it is just the same as placing a ammo crate on the Titan.

and just for the argument, i would blow up my grandmother if bringing here back to life would get me more presents on my birthday. But at least i admit I'm statpadding when i do it.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6587|Montreal
i got my gold badge just repairing titan guns but maybe I got lucky. And IMHO blowing up your own assets and then repairing them is stat padding.
1MaNArmY
+2|6799
I thought repairing the titan guns maxes out at 8 repair points? To get the silver you need 2 additional repairs elsewhere (tank, walker, apc, commander assets)
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6638|Wigan. Manchester. England.
I cba reading everything but i got my silver badge by JUST repairing the guns without anyone in them.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6571|United States
Same. I got the silver repair badge just from repairing the titan guns with people in them. I've never noticed getting points repairing them with nobody in them. The best way to get repair points while helping your team is to grab 2 other squad members and jump into a little car and haul ass around the map. You can devastate another team on a conquest map doing this. One guy driving/running over people, one guy gunning, and one guy sitting in the back repairing the whole time. It's hilarious to turbo into a half dead APC, blow the shit up, and bring back the car from 2 armour points and keep going.
Hanon1990
+7|6525|Vancouver
Its not really padding if you get minus points for blowing up your assets.
Stat padding is gaining points unfairly and benifiting from it.
Knifing somone, then reviving someone is padding, your only doing it for the benifit.
Ammo crates, again, only benificial.
If blowing up your assets is statpadding, EA wouldnt allow you to do it.
Everyones entitled to there opinion
DeZaStR
+1|6376

Hanon1990 wrote:

Its not really padding if you get minus points for blowing up your assets.
Stat padding is gaining points unfairly and benifiting from it.
Knifing somone, then reviving someone is padding, your only doing it for the benifit.
Ammo crates, again, only benificial.
If blowing up your assets is statpadding, EA wouldnt allow you to do it.
Everyones entitled to there opinion
Dude, are you seriously that dense? Of course it's stats padding. WTF do you call that shiny new badge you get? You are damaging your team's assets in order to gain the points from a badge. You may get negative points for blowing it up, but that's irrelevant. Even Stevie Wonder could see this is stat padding.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Hanon1990 wrote:

If your assets are not blown up, take RDX and do it yourself. (And yes, you will receive -1 score for damaging assets). Next re-spawn as Engineer and fix the mess you have created.

Voila, very easy, and non stat padding way
Voila, ignorance is in the eye of the beholder.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6534|Doncaster - UK
the titan gun repair points was patched
so perhaps those of you that got your badges only with the guns did it before the patch put a cap on it?

its all personal opinion, and there is a huge Grey area of what is and isn't padding.
But i thinik its pretty obviously padding to damage your own stuff to repair it.

---- a post of mine from another thread ----

Repair the space cow in titan maps from seat F7.  Remember to swap to a gun when you need to, and hop out to take the flag quicker.  If you have a pilot who is happy to fly from flag to flag you should get points quite quickly keeping him in the air.

Top this up with a few Titan gun repairs if they get destroyed, and assets.

Oh, and the back of a FAV, when your traveling from one point to another, and there is no point in sitting in the top gun, F3 and repair it, always worth a few Armour points as they take damage easy.

Last edited by Use0fWeapons (2006-12-22 02:04:32)

madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden

MrEzeuss wrote:

Or sitting in a tank on the edge of a screen to gain 'time in armor' isn't stat padding because your team loses because you don't participate in the battle and are hogging a piece of weaponry.
I agree with the rest you said and mostly in this by not completely. Some of the requirements are ridiculous like to get the "bronze badge in the air something " you need to spend 15 mins in a transport ship or attack ship that´s just stupid make it 10 kills or something else.

Plenty of the badges/ribbons require allot of time spent during the same round in a vehicle, and it was allot worse in bf2. I would rather see them remove these time requirements and throw in some more kills maybe you need to have a certain K/D and 15 kills or something instead.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6733|Germany, near Koblenz
It's astonishing that people going for silver / gold repair don't know how to use the wrench effectivly. After so many hours one should know how the points are awarded and how repairs are counted.
(per today I'm at 49 hrs and at 920 repairs)

Getting those lousy 15 repairs is so easy that nobody has to stat pad in any form. The easiest gold of all (and nothing compared to the 25 repairs in BF2):

- Bringing a Titan gun from red to green (to "full" is not required!) is counted as one repair (limited to 8 per round!), is not mentioned on the screen and is awarded with 2 team points (limited to 16 per round!).

- Repairing a Titan gun with someone in the seat is awarded an Repair Point (notice on screen, 1 (add.) team point, 1 (add.) repair) for every 100% of repairing as usual.

So never repair Titan guns to full, unless they are manned!

Edit: I forget to mention that you shouldn't command that round. Perhaps you start as commander to fly the Titan to an "interesting" area and than retire to recieve those nice team points and to let your team be commanded properly by someone else.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2006-12-22 09:10:20)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore
i got my silver by repairing commander toys and the titan guns when the titan is in the "hot zone"
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6548
I got my gold while commanding. It is very easy to command properly while doing it and if you are doing it you don't have 5 morons repairing guns instead of capping silos. As an added bonus , if you have someone good in the titan gun seat. You can effectively hold close silos and clean out enemy apc's while getting those delicious repair points.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6733|Germany, near Koblenz

DerGraueWolf wrote:

(per today I'm at 49 hrs and at 920 repairs)

Getting those lousy 15 repairs is so easy that nobody has to stat pad in any form. The easiest gold of all (and nothing compared to the 25 repairs in BF2):

- Bringing a Titan gun from red to green (to "full" is not required!) is counted as one repair (limited to 8 per round!), is not mentioned on the screen and is awarded with 2 team points (limited to 16 per round!).

- Repairing a Titan gun with someone in the seat is awarded an Repair Point (notice on screen, 1 (add.) team point, 1 (add.) repair) for every 100% of repairing as usual.
Just wanted to add, that I did gold some days ago with that method on the very first try directly after the 60 hrs were full. I entered a Suez game which was half done. Our shield was allready down, but since the Titan was centered I had no problems at all, to get this repair points within a few minutes. So again: No padding / cheating required!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard