turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I've already thought of this idea - I've even got a tournament table ready in Flash.

Rules would be:

-MiG-29 vs. MiG-29 on Wake Airshow, F-35's or F-18's if both players agree on it.
-Missles can NOT be restricted.
-winner is best out of 10.
-What counts as a win:
  • you shoot down an enemy jet.
  • the enemy kills himself (out of bounds, crashing) = win for the survivor
  • You shoot down enemy jet but die due to being out of bounds = win.
  • You shoot an enemy jet down but kill yourself on the rubble = draw
  • both pilots die out of bounds = draw, no matter who died first.
  • both pilots crash = draw
  • enemy pilot bails out of jet = win for opponent
  • both jets hit each other = draw, even if somehow only one dies. This is for fairness out of the bugginess of the game (how would two jets collide and only one survive? BF2 physics.) If neither die but only take damage the fight goes on.

-Pilots are allowed to rearm, repair, and even land if they want to.
-The round must be restarted after a kill has been verified.
-Both pilots must agree on a way to signal they're ready for takeoff. This can be a simple "go" at the start of the round. Abuse of this leads to a default win for the entire match for the opponent.
-in the event of a draw, the game becomes 'sudden death'. The person who wins the 11th round wins.

Those are all the proper rules I can think of for now.

Mong0ose, seriously, fuck off. No, BF2 is not realistic, and it's FUN because of it. I don't want blackouts when I'm flying. And yes, the physics could be better, but they're not, and it's still fine. Go deconstruct some other thread.

I have a server available for fights, however I'll have to arrange for wake airshow to be installed on it first.
Didnt read this, and this is probably the best idea actually. Wake airshow, with both parties in the same jet.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

I wouldnt mind giving it a try
0akleaves
+183|6612|Newcastle UK
I would join it should be like a league thing though so people who come up agianst sarge and MCMT dont have there asses handed to them without having another go.

Count me in definatly can i be put in a mouse and keyboard table so i avoid sarge and pwn some noobs.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley
I updated the first page with people who seem interested. It sounds like people want wake airshow, so I think we should do that, and use Sarge's rules. He can run the whole thing if he wants, it sounds like he's done alot of planning.
-=5TON3D
+42|6533|u.k

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I've already thought of this idea - I've even got a tournament table ready in Flash.

Rules would be:

-MiG-29 vs. MiG-29 on Wake Airshow, F-35's or F-18's if both players agree on it.
-Missles can NOT be restricted.
-winner is best out of 10.
-What counts as a win:
  • you shoot down an enemy jet.
  • the enemy kills himself (out of bounds, crashing) = win for the survivor
  • You shoot down enemy jet but die due to being out of bounds = win.
  • You shoot an enemy jet down but kill yourself on the rubble = draw
  • both pilots die out of bounds = draw, no matter who died first.
  • both pilots crash = draw
  • enemy pilot bails out of jet = win for opponent
  • both jets hit each other = draw, even if somehow only one dies. This is for fairness out of the bugginess of the game (how would two jets collide and only one survive? BF2 physics.) If neither die but only take damage the fight goes on.

-Pilots are allowed to rearm, repair, and even land if they want to.
-The round must be restarted after a kill has been verified.
-Both pilots must agree on a way to signal they're ready for takeoff. This can be a simple "go" at the start of the round. Abuse of this leads to a default win for the entire match for the opponent.
-in the event of a draw, the game becomes 'sudden death'. The person who wins the 11th round wins.

Those are all the proper rules I can think of for now.

Mong0ose, seriously, fuck off. No, BF2 is not realistic, and it's FUN because of it. I don't want blackouts when I'm flying. And yes, the physics could be better, but they're not, and it's still fine. Go deconstruct some other thread.

I have a server available for fights, however I'll have to arrange for wake airshow to be installed on it first.
this is what i like to see,a man with a propperly thaught out plan.

long as your servers ping is european i'm up for this whenever,count me in .
-=5TON3D
+42|6533|u.k
turkey,add me to the list.

Last edited by -=5TON3D (2006-12-20 14:32:23)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

turkeybacon wrote:

I dont like Airshow because you can grab a J-10
i thought the j10 was at the airfield, walled in by a fence?

Last edited by fatherted13 (2006-12-20 14:36:34)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley

fatherted13 wrote:

Mong0ose wrote:

Are you banning the J-10 aka 'The nub's choice'
I dont like Airshow because you can grab a J-10quote]

i thought the j10 was at the airfield, walled in by a fence?
you can fly it out of there. But we'll just have a rule, everyone in the same jet. MiG-29 = default, however if both parties want to agree on a different jet, thats fair game. As long as both are flying the same aircraft.

-=5TON3D, I added you to the list. We should think about where this will be held....Europe? North America? Australia? It sounds like lots of European players are in here, we should hold the server where the majority of pilots are located. And the server should run Battlerecorder if possible, so in case of disputes we can review matches.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6484|England
i'm in!
-=5TON3D
+42|6533|u.k
yeah i'd wanna europe server cause i've played on a few u.s servers,my ping sucked & missiles even had a job tracking an f35 on one of em with my ping 100+ lol.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
US vs. EU would have to be either 5 rounds on one server, 5 on the other, or one of their choice if they want to. However, my server is located in europe.

If I'm going to be running this tourney, bacon, then I will spectate every match to make sure it goes well.

US players will have to find themselves a server if they want one with low ping.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
reefl3x
+72|6401|United States
We really need mcmt in here.
I played with him on Dalian Plant & he had the F35, he was literally knocking the j-10's out of the sky...it was an unbelievable sight. I think hes my worst enemy on my main account lol.
turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley

SargeV1.4 wrote:

US vs. EU would have to be either 5 rounds on one server, 5 on the other, or one of their choice if they want to. However, my server is located in europe.

If I'm going to be running this tourney, bacon, then I will spectate every match to make sure it goes well.

US players will have to find themselves a server if they want one with low ping.
Sounds like a good idea. Yes you can run the tourney, and it would be great if you spectated each match. Maybe the BF2S USA server could be used? I'm sure we'll find one. Basically I'll keep updating the first page with pilots who are interested, but you can arrange the tournament structure, watch the matches, etc.. I'll just keep the first page updated with rules and players and whatnot. I posted on my clan website this idea, maybe we'll get a few players from there too (some might be new to bf2s). If we cant find an American server, my clan may be able to host it, I'll talk to the admins if thats the case.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum
bomber dogfighting rocks
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6648|Norway

reefl3x wrote:

I played with him on Dalian Plant & he had the F35, he was literally knocking the j-10's out of the sky...it was an unbelievable sight. I think hes my worst enemy on my main account lol.
Cool

I`ve been thinking about making a guide on the subject, if no one have made an f35 vs j10 guide already?

Does anyone know how to crack fraps btw? i refuse to pay for it

However j10 vs f35 will never be a fair match, but on public servers most j10 pilots are to busy with bombing or black hawks to watch their back. Just wait for the right moment an BOOM, the best feeling in the world!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6571

Sure, why not. I don't expect to do well because I don't consider myself a decent pilot against those who know how to use a plane, but it'll be fun.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652

reefl3x wrote:

I know, I'm lucky, I get to practice with the guy

anyway, here is the slightly large tournament table

https://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1203/tourneytableko8.jpg
pasngr
+50|6644
Count me in.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6721|Oregon
idea:

you guys should get a custom map made with nothing but water and 2 runways, both with equal number of each jet (each team gets a MIG, F-35, F-18, J-10). the winner of the "coin toss" would get to chose what jet would be used.

i can probably get one made by tonight if you all are interested.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

idea:

you guys should get a custom map made with nothing but water and 2 runways, both with equal number of each jet (each team gets a MIG, F-35, F-18, J-10). the winner of the "coin toss" would get to chose what jet would be used.

i can probably get one made by tonight if you all are interested.
Wake airshow does the job nicely, but thanks very much.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6721|Oregon
meh...probably shouldve read more of the thread before i said something eh?

edit: i hate whoever gave me my 43rd karma. fajjot.

Last edited by [TUF]Whiskey_Oktober (2006-12-20 15:09:54)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6524|dunno
count me in. bf2 name ^ownage^.:888
pasngr
+50|6644
Anyone else having trouble downloading wake airshow from the files section?
l41e
+677|6647

A long time ago, someone here asked me to mod Kubra for 2 F/A-18s vs. 2 MiG-29s, only the MEC/US main bases, no missiles, and 600 cannon rounds for the MiG. (was that you, Sarge?).

I still have that file somewhere, slightly broken. I can fix it, update it with 1.41 server files (they were 1.21 or so), and update it.
turkeybacon
+50|6445|Dragon Valley

The_Killer wrote:

count me in. bf2 name ^ownage^.:888
I have just been using forum names so far, mine is different too (forums = turkeybacon, bf2 = turkey_bacon420). I figured we could request all in-game names later, so I'll put your forum name for now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard