burton
+9|6441|Da Bay, California
i have a geforce 7600gt and amd x2 4200 with only 75 fps. i know this is because of my monitors highest refresh  rate is 75 hertz. How do i make it so my fps is higher?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6728|67.222.138.85

Uninstall Steam, then proceed to smash your computer with a bat.
CrazeD
+368|6694|Maine
....And what's wrong with 75FPS?
l41e
+677|6670

CrazeD wrote:

....And what's wrong with 75FPS?
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6786|Toronto Canada
for 1.6, 75 is weak i think
Brasso
+1,549|6652

Uhh...a higher FPS wouldn't matter anyway as your refresh rate is 75 hz...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Mafia47
+27|6762|Chicago
for 1.6 i average 150 fps...source i usually get 100

btw 1.6 has hackers everywhere you look source is better
Entertayner
+826|6592

1.6 is much more clunky and slow to respond etc.. I prefer source.
burton
Stick To The Fucking Question U Retards
Entertayner
+826|6592

burton wrote:

Stick To The Fucking Question U Retards
No talking.  Derailing in progress.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6612|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
There might be a FPS cap.  Check the counsol commands.
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6553|Amherst, MA
fps_max 200
fps_modem 200
developer 1
Flexo
+0|6385
turn off vertical sync
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6403|FLOOR E DUH
its becaus that game is gay.
burton
how and where do u turn off vertical sync
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6677|Brisbane, Australia

burton wrote:

how and where do u turn off vertical sync
By removing 1.6
StrydA
+1|6549|Essex
Our eyes can only see at 33FPS I though anyway
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6768|The United Center
Wow.  You come in here and ask a semi-retarded question, and then you proceed to flame people after they've helped you.

Here's a suggestion: shut up and die.

One, having an FPS higher than say, 60, really doesn't matter.  The human eye can't even detect that high.  Plus, unless the speed of your nerves and muscles, not to mention your hand-eye coordination is remarkably fast, nigh, never-before-seen fast, then cranking out those extra few FPS really would have no effect on anything whatsoever, other than, of course, the size of your e-penis so you can brag to all your friends who don't exist in the real world about how you can see each and every bullet implanting itself into your digital cranium 1/76th of a second before they can. 

Two, unless you have a ridiculously advanced monitor designed almost specifically for gaming, then again, you won't notice a difference when getting a framerate higher than 75FPS.  Sure, your computer may be pumping out 300FPS, but if your monitor is only refreshing itself 75 times per second, then where do you think that extra 225 frames goes?  Oh right, it doesn't get shown on your monitor, and if it doesn't get shown, then you can't see it, which means your inhuman reflexes don't even have a stimulus to react to.

So there.  There's your advice, you ungrateful, selfish, uneducated prick.  Enjoy yourself.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6741|Melbourne, Australia

kessel! wrote:

for 1.6, 75 is weak i think
mate ... 75 fps is great.

the human eye cant even tell the difference between anything higher then mid 30s so quit being a bitch about it

im only  gettin mid 50s an sometimes it drops to low 40s.. but im happy with it
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6612|Your attic

Mafia47 wrote:

btw 1.6 has hackers everywhere you look source is better
No they're just good.

I like source better but all the true talent hate source for some insane reason.

Oh and listen to Morgan.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6706|Espoo, Finland

StrydA wrote:

Well technically the human eye can see very 'quick frames', but fps over 33 looks smooth to the eye and above that, the difference can't be noticed.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6643|Gold coast, Aus.

StrydA wrote:

*hits head*

I've said it before, i'll day it again.

The eyes see at 33 fps but the brain comprehends 140 at least. Imagine it as tweening an object in adobe flash. MMKATS?
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6507|UK

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Wow.  You come in here and ask a semi-retarded question, and then you proceed to flame people after they've helped you.

One, having an FPS higher than say, 60, really doesn't matter.  The human eye can't even detect that high.  Plus, unless the speed of your nerves and muscles, not to mention your hand-eye coordination is remarkably fast, nigh, never-before-seen fast, then cranking out those extra few FPS really would have no effect on anything whatsoever, other than, of course, the size of your e-penis so you can brag to all your friends who don't exist in the real world about how you can see each and every bullet implanting itself into your digital cranium 1/76th of a second before they can. 

Two, unless you have a ridiculously advanced monitor designed almost specifically for gaming, then again, you won't notice a difference when getting a framerate higher than 75FPS.  Sure, your computer may be pumping out 300FPS, but if your monitor is only refreshing itself 75 times per second, then where do you think that extra 225 frames goes?  Oh right, it doesn't get shown on your monitor, and if it doesn't get shown, then you can't see it, which means your inhuman reflexes don't even have a stimulus to react to.

So there.  There's your advice, you ungrateful, selfish, uneducated prick.  Enjoy yourself.
To be fair, thats the best post i have read in a while, good work +1
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6643|Gold coast, Aus.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Please let me have your babies.
']['error
Banned
+630|6665|The Netherlands

Mong0ose wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

To be fair, thats the best post i have read in a while, good work +1
QFT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard