WWZ
+2|6377
Why do people do this?

I just started playing the commander about a month ago.  On three seperate occasions My own guy hunts me down where I am hiding & kills me.  Why? 

I keep the uav always going I drop supplies as much as I can & I spot the red dots as much as I can.

I arty as much as I can & I try to stay away from hitting my own guys.  That's all I canfigure it is. A random arty hit. I keep an eye on the arty kills & I don't hit my guys very often at all.  I know iv'e won more than lost so that's not it.

It happened on one server not different ones. & they do it at the end of the round.
arson
+99|6644|New York
Commanders who spot to the point of annoyance ( especially spotting under a live UAV)  the whole round usually get a knife in the face..... If its at the end of a round it could be a teamswitcher looking for some last second revenge.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6598|Reisterstown, MD

I will tk a bad commander if:
They do not spot the enemy correctly.  That means if you see a person on your team trying to take a flag by themselves and you make no attempt spot any enemies around that guy..tk.

If you put a UAV over an area where no one needs it, i.e., over a flag that has been captured already by your team but you are dumb enough to put on over that flag even tho your team is moving on to another flag...tk.

If you spot the enemy at to the point where the only thing you hear is "Enemy infantry spotted"..There is spotting the enemy and then there is being a retard in spotting everyone single enemy on the map.  That is what the UAV is for...tk.

If you spend more time trying to get kills instead of actually helping your team with spotting, supplies, etc.,...tk.

If you hope in a jet/heli never to put up a uav or spot the enemy.  The only reason you are commander is to spot the jets that go by...tk.

etc., etc., etc.

Last edited by killer21 (2006-12-15 22:04:37)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6646|Montreal, Qc, Canada
okay so bassicly you want us to found the guy and tell him : YO spot tkling WWZ !!!!
HeimdalX
+37|6658
Why do people ask stupid questions?

It's fun. Try it. Walk up to a teammate and shoot them in the face. Gratifying isn't it?
WWZ
+2|6377

killer21 wrote:

I will tk a bad commander if:
They do not spot the enemy correctly.  That means if you see a person on your team trying to take a flag by themselves and you make no attempt spot any enemies around that guy..tk.

If you put a UAV over an area where no one needs it, i.e., over a flag that has been captured already by your team but you are dumb enough to put on over that flag even tho your team is moving on to another flag...tk.

If you spot the enemy at to the point where the only thing you hear is "Enemy infantry spotted"..There is spotting the enemy and then there is being a retard in spotting everyone single enemy on the map.  That is what the UAV is for...tk.

If you spend more time trying to get kills instead of actually helping your team with spotting, supplies, etc.,...tk.

If you hope in a jet/heli never to put up a uav or spot the enemy.  The only reason you are commander is to spot the jets that go by...tk.

etc., etc., etc.
These all make sense, although I wouldn't tk the guy. would you do it in a clan match?

If I see a guy going to a flag I spot the place for him If uav isn't available. I only "double" spot when a enemy is near an asset or such.  I try not to over spot as well.

I guess I would have preferred the guy say yo, wwz do this or stop ding that.

whatever
LolSauce
Online Poker Anyone!?
+2|6352|Melbourne, Australia

HeimdalX wrote:

It's fun. Try it. Walk up to a teammate and shoot them in the face. Gratifying isn't it?
Oh hell yes! Nothing like shooting somebody in the face on BF2 point blank when they're not expecting it. There should be a server just for shooting people in the face.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6378|Pittsburgh, PA USA
If your a bad commander or you don't command at all while in the position then you get tk'd. I rarely do it & by "bad" I mean all of the things killer21 mentioned in the same round. If you don't know what your doing & you suck really, bad then practice in single player until you get the hang of things, it's what I do & what any normal person would do. Everybody makes mistakes so I'm not trying to sound like a prick but if you give the impression you dont care about whats going on then, tk.
Also if I ask for supplies repeatedly when I'm defending a flag against 20 people because I have low health and/or no ammo & you ignore me more than once I will tk for that but just cause I get pissed.

btw, how is "TK" not in the spell check on a BF2 site?
turkeybacon
+50|6453|Dragon Valley
I hate when I request supplies/vehicles and they just ignore you. Right click the damn thing, hit "yes" no matter what, even if nothing is available at least you give the players some indication that those supplies/vehicles arent coming. I hate sitting and waiting, when the guy should be in his commander screen listening for this stuff. It takes 0.1 seconds to click "affirmative" or whatever, just CLICK IT.

/rant
TuataraDude
+115|6529|Aotearoa

HeimdalX wrote:

As horrible as that sounds, you're right. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

I think I need help.
Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6745|Great Wall
Some commanders do completely nothing.. just lie down somewhere in uncap and give no UAV, no supplies.. Voting never works.. I usually remember commander's position, switch teams and stab bastard in his face... then I visit him again and again
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6728|Sydney, Australia
Never done it before until today.

I am on an internode wake server, playing as chinese. This SGT goes commander and gets in a tank. I am also in a tank.

Anyway, the US guys take the northern peninsula and before heading over there, I ask the commander over VoiP if any US are coming along the southern side. No response. I ask several more times and all I get is nothing. This wanker is too busy driving his tank.

I ask over the team chat, in nice big capital letters. He says "no". Not more than 10 seconds later we lost the Beach. Fuckwit.

Later in the game, both still in our tanks, I ask for supplies. Our team needs it as we attempt to take the beach back. He drops supplies, but only to repair his own tank far from the front lines.

I also heard the enemy repeatedly call for him to "stop artying the fucking carrier".

Enough was enough. I shot his tank (with mine) about 5 times to kill that asshole. Cost me 14 points, but it was worth it.

Mcminty.
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6559|The Land of Claywhore
I do it only if the commander is not doing the commander job.That means not spotting,using uav or dropping supplies.It really pisses me off when the commander is out on the frontlines with 2 kills and 17 deaths and not helping the team.Yes!I will hunt the commander down and knife em' in the face.
Delphy
+45|6592|Bristol, UK
You know, a lot of the time as commander I feel like TKing the fuckwits on my team for completely ignoring me. 90% of players only know one m.o.- attack. If you're lucky you get a couple of guys defending your mainbase, so you end up having to fend off squads by yourself. Also nobody ever goes back behind the frontline to mop up lone wolfs capping a flag, so you end up having to divert your force and waste tickets getting that one back.
An Enlarged Liver
+35|6750|Backward Ass Kansas

LolSauce wrote:

HeimdalX wrote:

Oh hell yes! Nothing like shooting somebody in the face on BF2 point blank when they're not expecting it. There should be a server just for shooting people in the face.
Personally I find there is nothing more satisfying than a pump shotgun to one's pearly whites. Especially if is an ass-hat of a commander. - Very common.  I tk commander primarily for vehicle use when we actually need it.  if we don't so what. but seriously what is more aggravating than a commander who is in a tank and just sitting there while everyone around gets slaughtered.... and yeah the over-spotting of enemies will get you one too.
DeadJim
+19|6755|Valencia, California
My confession of a commander frag - I warned the guy "You drop supplies to yourself, drop a UAV on your location when we're pinned down, and continue to ignore requests- I'm gonna hunt you down"

Needless to say, I lost a few points that round... TK'd until he resigned.   (For the record, I responded to each of his requests after I assumed the role).

Been playing for almost 1,000 hours....

..Have plenty of TK's racked up...

.. only 4 intentional... and it was that one guy, one round.   Not happy about it, not proud - it's just that I understand when it happens.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6530|the Netherlands
YOUR THE WORST SQUAD I HAVE EVER SET MY EYES ON love the tone of that !

You wants some COMMANDER ASSISTANCE ?

Last edited by Tjasso (2006-12-17 15:25:47)

brome
brap.
+244|6594|Accidental, TK

Tjasso wrote:

YOUR THE WORST SQUAD I HAVE EVER SET MY EYES ON love the tone of that !

You wants some COMMANDER ASSISTANCE ?
I NEED a MEDIC HERE. he sounds like he's talking to a foreign person
im_in_heaven
+27|6595

turkeybacon wrote:

I hate when I request supplies/vehicles and they just ignore you. Right click the damn thing, hit "yes" no matter what, even if nothing is available at least you give the players some indication that those supplies/vehicles arent coming. I hate sitting and waiting, when the guy should be in his commander screen listening for this stuff. It takes 0.1 seconds to click "affirmative" or whatever, just CLICK IT.

/rant
Agreed. Be courteous or be tked
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6598|Reisterstown, MD

WWZ wrote:

These all make sense, although I wouldn't tk the guy. would you do it in a clan match?
If you are playing in matches, chances are you will have a good commander who will do all those things I mentioned.  I don't like to tk people but, again, if you suck at commanding and you are not helping the team, only hindering them, you will get tked.  It's as simple as that. 
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

WWZ wrote:

My clan's commander for a match wouldn't suck ass, so no.

I only TK commanders when they're complete and utter shit. IE fighting on the ground, just jacking off, etc.

If I'm really mad at him, and I'm not in a server I frequent, I'll TK-revive him over and over till I get banned.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6659
I'm more than happy to do it to an idiot commander that doesnt help you out when you ask for it. I had one that deliberatly gave the supplies and uav to other areas of the map and not once fulfilled my request. so that bastard had to go.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
adam1503
+85|6395|Manchester, UK
I makes no sense to tk your commander: how can he command WHEN HE IS DEAD.

If you think you can do better, that is what the mutiny button is for.

Last edited by adam1503 (2006-12-17 16:41:01)

Aust1mh
+23|6575|Sydney, Australia
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Enemy infantry spotted
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

adam1503 wrote:

I makes no sense to tk your commander: how can he command WHEN HE IS DEAD.

If you think you can do better, that is what the mutiny button is for.
Some servers are set up by drool monkeys and don't allow mutiny votes. That's where TKing (or, preferrably, kidnapping) comes in.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard