panderiz
+32|6776
I'm not sure how much this is affecting others but for me it's absolutely ruining the game.

Every round I can guarantee I will get a disconnect at least 2-3 times, sometimes 5-6.

My major gripe is the fact everytime this happens it counts as a death.  I can safely say that I've experienced at least 50-100 involuntary disconnects since the game came out.  I've got a KDR at the moment around 3.9, which would be closer to 4.5 without the disconnects.

Last night I went 32-7 with 6 disconnects, it's getting beyond a joke for mine.

I'm happy with the fact if you choose to disconnect from a server while still spawned it counts as a death and it's probably impossible to differenciate between voluntary and involuntary disconnects.  But PLEASE EA fix this bloody problem.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

Essh.. that sucks. I havent had a single CTD or connection problem for near a month now.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6496|Melbourne

And they say 2142 has no bugs in it...
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

R3v4n wrote:

And they say 2142 has no bugs in it...
Who said that?
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6496|Melbourne

EA, and a few forum members
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

R3v4n wrote:

EA, and a few forum members
I lol'ed
Magius5.0
+106|6391|UMass Amherst
I get CTD's every now and then.  Be glad there isn't a red text glitch anymore, THAT was truly annoying.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6544|Edmonton Alberta

Magius5.0 wrote:

I get CTD's every now and then.  Be glad there isn't a red text glitch anymore, THAT was truly annoying.
red text glitch?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6730|California

straz_mataz wrote:

Magius5.0 wrote:

red text glitch?
friendlys show up as enemies, etc.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
My biggest two gripes right now are:

1. Bad hitreg. Goodness grief, I would have about 10 more collectors pins and got my gold collectors about two weeks ago if they fixed this.

2. Lag. On Titans. OMG Lag. can't play, reduced to APM-RDX whoring. Although half the blame must lie with the idiot commanders who move the titans as close as possible to each other. This is the reason - I know because every time the tiatns haven't moved close it's fine.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6415|NSW, Australia

Spark wrote:

1. Bad hitreg. Goodness grief, I would have about 10 more collectors pins and got my gold collectors about two weeks ago if they fixed this.
my hitreg works fine

Last edited by <<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven (2006-12-13 22:36:00)

Zukabazuka
+23|6695
Maybe you need to check your computer for virus or spyware, those stuff is known to mess like that. Second I do get connection lost but not that much.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK
Only CTD I've ever had with BF2142 is once when I dropped a spawn beacon, other than that I don't CTD, only connection problem I get is when some admin restarts the server, and the lag on the titan is perfectly manageable for me.

I don't have an uber PC, just a P4 3.4, 2 gig DDR400 RAM, and an AGP graphics card.
AmbassadorofPain
+34|6667|Devil's Perch
I realise that I keep getting massive amounts of disconnects when my computer ran for a few hours and I've been doing all kinds of stuff, from listening to music to websurfing to mail reading to playing 2142 (or other games) before...
I'm quite sure I could be playing 2142 nonstop for hours if I just started right after MS Windows has been started. So, my advice is: Just reboot your computer and start the game straight away. Probably shut down stuff like Xfire or antivirus software.
Proud member of a dead community.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6791

panderiz wrote:

I've got a KDR at the moment around 3.9, which would be closer to 4.5 without the disconnects.
3.9 k/d?  maybe you're just to 1337 and the admins keep kicking you
jamie_v1.1
+35|6512|Leeds, UK
Hit reg is bad, but for the knife it's SHOCKINGLY bad!, i can't count the times i've had to swipe 4-6 times to kill someone.......and i know its not just me, because i can say the same for ppl trying to knife me, i've had plenty of instances when i've heard someone franticly trying to knife me, giving me the chance to do something about it.  And i play on UK servers (where i am from) and my ping is usually under 25-30.

Nobody can say this game is bug free and keep a straight face about it, unless your seriously fu*ked on some sort of drugs.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK
Why do you assume its a bug/problem with the game? 

If i loose con its because my broadband dropped out.

Just a genuine question and a thought.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK
[sarcasm]

Because anything that goes wrong with the game must be the fault of EA and DiCE, it couldn't possibly be the fault of something at our end could it!

[/sarcasm]
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6665|UK
are you CTD or are you just being logged out, i had a hughe problem with being logged out all the time, but it was my IP and not the game, HAVE YOU GOT A BT HOME HUB, norry not sure if you are in england
panderiz
+32|6776

Use0fWeapons wrote:

Why do you assume its a bug/problem with the game? 

If i loose con its because my broadband dropped out.

Just a genuine question and a thought.
No other issues with anything bf2 or otherwise.

Had phone company and ISP looking, they've given up, said EA were fucksticks and try another game!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6536|Singapore
my usual DC problems is due to my wireless connection...
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6569

Spark wrote:

2. Lag. On Titans. OMG Lag. can't play, reduced to APM-RDX whoring. Although half the blame must lie with the idiot commanders who move the titans as close as possible to each other. This is the reason - I know because every time the tiatns haven't moved close it's fine.
1. Your probably lagging. No issues here, what I hit, I kill

2. Never had an issue with Titan lag. Buy a graphics card and processor capable of handling the rendering.
Stags
+26|6666
First, knifing problems?  I rarely experience that now.  First, I started to hold down the mouse button until the animation finished... don't know if it helps but... meh why not.

Anyways.  Disconnect problems?  I experience them from time to time but it really depends on the server.  CTDs on the other hand is usually the computer failing to allocate enough memory to BF... at least that was the case for me.
Mafia47
+27|6750|Chicago
geeze...i hear all these problems and yet i only get disconnected about 1 time per log in. lucky me i guess

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard