chittydog
less busy
+586|6844|Kubra, Damn it!

Nope. If you're going about it this way, it's a math problem. To find the distance, we add the height of the guy to the radius of the earth. Then square that number and multiply by pi. I still think ekfud nailed it.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

chittydog wrote:

Nope. If you're going about it this way, it's a math problem. To find the distance, we add the height of the guy to the radius of the earth. Then square that number and multiply by pi. I still think ekfud nailed it.
fgsfds. Don't think that'll work...Especially if there's no division / subtraction. Unless I'm missing something huge here.
Ben>You
+90|6535
Psp, was the man a hitman?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

Ben>You wrote:

Psp, was the man a hitman?
Nope, I asked that. The bastard teacher should have just told us the answer after like an hour.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6593|Vic, Australia

chittydog wrote:

They both work out, lets see what Splinter Strike says....

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Plisken wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Wouldn't he have to be thirty feet tall?
No,
eg, go measure the distance around on the inside of a tyre and then measure the outside of it, which is bigger.
Yes yes, but if the man was six feet tall, wouldn't it be just a six foot difference?
No, it's alot more complicated than that, geometry is a pain in the ass.

PspRpg-7 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

fgsfds. Don't think that'll work...Especially if there's no division / subtraction. Unless I'm missing something huge here.
You have to add the height of the man to the radius of the earth, and then work out the circumference
RxPi2=C

Last edited by Plisken (2006-12-12 20:35:04)

The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6615|Lancashire, UK

SplinterStrike wrote:

1. A man's head travelled more than 30ft. more than his feet but he was unharmed. How come?
Was it a Head of Lettuce?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

The Last Black Winegum wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

1. A man's head travelled more than 30ft. more than his feet but he was unharmed. How come?
Shit, that makes the most sense actually.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6412|Alberta, Canada

SplinterStrike wrote:

We've already been told it's a human being.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Put it like this "The man's head of lettuce traveled more than 30 feet more than his feet but he was unharmed."
He's still a human.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-12-12 20:38:07)

The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6615|Lancashire, UK

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Yeah he's a human-being.... a human being who has dropped his shopping....and his lettuce has rolled more than 30 ft down the street.
chittydog
less busy

Plisk, we actually both messed it up. It's 2 x R x pi = C.  Pi x R squared = Area.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6593|Vic, Australia

chittydog wrote:

Plisk, we actually both messed it up. It's 2 x R x pi = C.  Pi x R squared = Area.
Well I was close enough, I haven't done geometry in a while give me a break.
chittydog
less busy

Don't sweat it, I made the same mistake.
47man
+46|6433|Cali

PspRpg-7 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

It's actually a well over a hundred miles difference...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

47man wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

It's actually a well over a hundred miles difference...
See.
chittydog
less busy

Okay guys, I looked through and compiled a list of all the ones we haven't gotten yet:

1. A man's head traveled more than 30ft. more than his feet but he was unharmed. How come?

2. Fred assembled a device containing thousands of moving parts, yet it only took him a few minutes. What is it?

3. Four people enter a store. They spend a hundred dollars each, and in total, they spend 300 dollars. Name the four people.

4. A man in New York witnesses a new report on TV, there was a woman in Colorado that died in an avalanche. The man jumps and and exclaims "That's no accident, she was murdered!" How does the man know? He doesn't know the woman, but it has something to do with his job.

Thanks to the original posters.
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6615|Lancashire, UK
Am I wrong on the Lettuce one then?!
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6707

Am I wrong on the Lettuce one then?!
We have to wait for the one that posted it to return, but I bet you're right
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6725|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

chittydog wrote:

2. Fred assembled a device containing thousands of moving parts, yet it only took him a few minutes. What is it?
Could it possibly be that he is having sex, and in a way he is assembling his kid?
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6542|Columbus, OH
answer to 1 (i think): some woman gave the man a bj or hand job, which would mean the man's penis went to first base or beyond, since it never said when he stopped, but his feet didnt have sex, therefore, the mans penis went the distance.
The Last Black Winegum
Mmmm! Winegums
+52|6615|Lancashire, UK
@ last 2 posts

Last edited by The Last Black Winegum (2006-12-12 20:54:58)

chittydog
less busy

mcgid1 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Could it possibly be that he is having sex, and in a way he is assembling his kid?
lol, we have to wait for Splinter to know for sure, but that's better than anything I've come up with.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6414|NSW, Australia

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Here's one that I haven't figured out...So here goes.

A man in New York witnesses a new report on TV, there was a woman in Colorado that died in an avalanche. The man jumps and and exclaims "That's no accident, she was murdered!" How does the man know? He doesn't know the woman, but it has something to do with his job.
he could be a hitman
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6769|San Antonio, Texas

chittydog wrote:

3. Four people enter a store. They spend a hundred dollars each, and in total, they spend 300 dollars. Name the four people.
The grandmother, the mother, the daughter, and the grandson.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6414|NSW, Australia

You are in a room that is completly bricked in on all four sides, including the cieling and floor. You have nothing but a mirror and a wooden table in the room with you. How do you get out?

none of you will get this 1, but if you do ill plus 1 you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard