Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
im getting lock downs. strange colors in WMP and any other video using the cata. 5.13 .  WTF
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
Strange colours in movies is usually due to video acceleration... turn it down..

umm and maybe read this post http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=8714
if you get problems with FPS in games maybe best to roll back

Last edited by Stoned_Smurfz (2005-12-28 17:31:26)

Jingotsu
+0|6680|Ontario, Canada
Yeah, ever since I downloaded that I can't get in to my CCC (Catalyst Control Center). It says I am not authorized by my admin' to access this panel. What the fuck?
Sp00k13
+0|6666
no problems here btw as always with new drivers be it ati or nvidia uninstall the previous version and even better after that run drivercleaner to get rid of the hidden stuff that remains.
then install the new drivrs after a reboot.

i do that with all my gfx driver updates and have yet to get those problems.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
i rolled it back but i still have the problem.  help ?  and how do i lower video acc.
cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
display properties>settings>advanced>troubleshoot

It might be a little different for you after "advanced," but with my ati card that's the next step.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
nope changing that didnt work
Sp00k13
+0|6666
1. uninstall your ati software in add and remove programs.

2. google up drivercleaner and use it

3. install ati driver of choice.

U probably have a few versions mixed together now.
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
i did that with Driver cleaner and now when i install ati drivers they dont stay on.  i get the error message that no ati drivers are installed or they are not working.  so wtf is happening here
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6683|Wherever the F**k i feel like
everything works fine for me
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
ok drivers are not installing . i need help people

edit it says install VGA drivers first.  i think the driver cleaner did something wrong maybe .

edit # 2:  5.13 installed .  Somehow the videos worked.  When i changed screen res.  they stopped working.  Changed them back to what they were and now it doesnt work.  strange

Last edited by Maj.Do (2005-12-31 21:31:23)

Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
ok in device manager it says Omega 2.6  something. alt. driver i installed. but the first one didnt start.  says it cannot start.  the x800 pro secondary is working
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6683|Wherever the F**k i feel like
? whats wtong with it?! my VGP 9550 is working fine with 5.13 ccc is working perfictly fine too... strange
smefeman
+0|6720
yo maj.do your best bet would be to get another HD and test it out.  or just wipe your entire HD....

your best bet is to try to identify if the real problem is the 5.13 cats.  So with another HD install windwos, etc (updates) and then install 5.13 cats and try bf2 again.  the problem might be caused by you installing new drivers over old drivers.  I understand that you have tried to clean it, but sometimes it all gets messed up

good luck.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6708
man just go to Safe Mode and remove the drivers manually from the device manager. then reinstall after u boot back to reg mode, odds are u have a ghost driver. safe mode is ur friend.

sorry this is so late i havent been around.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6726|The Netherlands
I don't have major problems with it only thing is the ghost effect on night vision. but that is not too bad
cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.
Try this for the weird colors, worked for me:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window … nload.aspx
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
well i got in touch with ati support.  they said WMP should have problems with 5.13 ..something like that

"The problem that you were seeing with the colours in media videos has been known to occur in some systems that are still using Windows Media Player 9 and the Catalyst drivers newer than Catalyst 5.6.  If this is the case for your, upgrade your Windows Media Player and you should be fine."
StickyBombs
+8|6728|Sacramento, CA (USA)
The ATI 5.13 drivers are horrible.  I played a couple of maps on those drivers and un-installed them like that.  The FPS were crap compared to the 5.12 and the game was just choppy overall.  I have recently downloaded a set of drivers called NGO ATI drivers.  You can check it out @ downloads.guru3d.com

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard