legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

BigBunny wrote:

Got M2 at the weekend, and have been playing English since.  Definitely a big step up in graphic detail from Rome

The Danes have attacked me, so there is plenty going on now, but I was wondering, how bad would it have been to have been excommunicated for finishing off the Scots?  Would I then have attracted more attention from the French etc?

Cheers

Col64
I had too some misunderstanding with Scots, but when popes love indicator was high enough, i beat them in one turn so nothing happened. Popes love got down only for one point i guess, thats all. Maybe I was lucky because I had some 5 or 6 cardinals, and later even more. Harder it was with Portugal Pope loved them. But Spain betrayed me so I destroyed them and Pope was glad. All the time I tried to be the best catholic and sometimes I was forgiven for some crimes, sometimes executed by inquisitors
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

NuBest, Entertainer and I had some fun with CoH today

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

ok, the pope business... what I do is to move troops into the teritory of whoever I want to attack, I then walk around in their territory untill they get really pissed.. I also send diplomats to make a lot of demands so they get even more pissed off and they attack me.. the pope then like them less and I can attack them without to much risk... and since I usually have a lot of money I bribe the pope if my popeometre is geting low... 10000 is usually enough to make him love you

having a lot of cardinals doesn't really help.. at one point as the English I had 10 of 13 cardinals and the last 3 was my allies and the pope was from ENgland.. he still excommunicated me and decleared a crusade against one of my cities... unfortuinatly for him there was just 3 catolic factions left except me and the one I was allied to understood that I was much more powerfull then the pope so he didn't even brake the alliance.. and since I was already excommunicated I destroyed the last catolic faction within a few turns then went to war against the pope... but that made all my people really pissed and I had to turn down my taxes A LOT... good for me the pope died (I SWEAR! I DIDN'T kill HIM!! ) and I got reconciled and ofcource I got the new pope and the popeometre was on full again
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6532|Southampton, UK

PROJECT-REALITY!

Downloaded it earlier today, took me quite a long time but i don't mind. I played it at about 8pm this evening. My god...

I joined a British server, on the map - Mao Valley or something. It consists of mountains, hills, and lots of forestry area. A guy started to moan by constantly saying someone make a VOIP squad, so i did. In a second the squad was full with all 6 of us speaking English over VOIP. We won that round by using teamwork i have never seen so much of before.

In the grassy area, there was a Firefight between our squad and about 2 squads of theirs. I was the Squad-Leader and i was crawling slowly through the grass, shots skimming past me head and hitting besides me. Suddenly a body (Corpse) fell down about an inch in front of me. It was an enemy. Then another. I had been crawling between 2 guys and i had been no more than a couple of inches from them crouching, and e had not seen each other. It was amazing... SO SNEAKY IT'S AMAZING!

Definitely worth downloading :
4.5/5 from me.

Legion - I know your going to DL this tonight. I will hopefully be on TS tomorrow around 8pm GMT.
See you then and don't go on it before then otherwise you won't receive the best and full on experience!

Last edited by Knightnifer (2007-01-27 14:12:58)

Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

I downloaded it too... didn't like it
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6498|Belgium

No downloading for me, have to calculate at the moment to be able to keep playing BF2 (which is eating bandwidth btw)

But Kmjnhb, how is Lotro like? I signed up for the beta, never got a reply
Hallvard
+262|6493|North Norway

read your new karma
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
I would dl this coz it sounds great but i cant even play BF2 or 2142 over my uni network.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

Knightnifer wrote:

PROJECT-REALITY!

Downloaded it earlier today, took me quite a long time but i don't mind. I played it at about 8pm this evening. My god...

I joined a British server, on the map - Mao Valley or something. It consists of mountains, hills, and lots of forestry area. A guy started to moan by constantly saying someone make a VOIP squad, so i did. In a second the squad was full with all 6 of us speaking English over VOIP. We won that round by using teamwork i have never seen so much of before.

In the grassy area, there was a Firefight between our squad and about 2 squads of theirs. I was the Squad-Leader and i was crawling slowly through the grass, shots skimming past me head and hitting besides me. Suddenly a body (Corpse) fell down about an inch in front of me. It was an enemy. Then another. I had been crawling between 2 guys and i had been no more than a couple of inches from them crouching, and e had not seen each other. It was amazing... SO SNEAKY IT'S AMAZING!

Definitely worth downloading :
4.5/5 from me.

Legion - I know your going to DL this tonight. I will hopefully be on TS tomorrow around 8pm GMT.
See you then and don't go on it before then otherwise you won't receive the best and full on experience!
I couldnt resist and downloaded it tonight, took me some half an hour After I have had to test it.. till 8AM CET. so I just woke up. Man that game is even too realistic! I still do not understand how few things are working on it, for example, when I get hit I must search for medic fast or what? because every time within a minute Im definetely dead! I guess I just bleed to death or what. I was all the time in squad where everyone spoke to each other via VOIP so it was great experience and fun. But I still dont understand the point system. I wont play at evening I guess, because I promised my GF to go to some pub, but who knows... I think I will play it now till some 17,20 then I must go so Kniffie, thanks for advice and I hope to have some gaming with you in near future

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard