Zefar
+116|6659|Sweden
BF2142 > BF2

Once I played BF2142 and got the unlocks I had more fun than I ever had with BF2. Even thou I liked BF2 a lot back then it's just not worth it anymore.

Knifing is more fun as you have lots of more ways to come up behind someone and to actually get his Dogtag is even better.

Support now actually can hold the fire for a while instead of just firing 1-2 bullets to give supressing fire. And yes Support Machine Guns gets more accurate the more they shoot but still you can't just hold fire without overheating.

Medic is now Assault and actually nice to play around with. It's also one of the best combat type in BF2142. Gotta Love Krylov on PAC Team. :3

Air might be easy to fly by blowing things up with it is another story. You need to hit like all of the missle to kill something and you are pretty weak in the air to.

AA rapes you pretty quick or at least render you useless with their EMP.
Walker can EMP you to and render you useless.
A normal rocket from a Rocket Launcher or Pilum Will make your HP go down to like 13 or something where you need quickly refill your HP or jump out. Most of the time you jump out.
A Tank can kill a Chopper with one shot and the machinegun turret can quickly kill it if it aims good. Though the tank user have to be good to in order to hit the planes. Though so far I'm like the only guy who ever fire at a Transport ship or a Gunship.

You see, gunships ain't really that nice to fly when most things on the ground can rape you pretty quick. Oh and the shield thing don't work againts the EMP shot. How about that.

Also things now actually got a weak spot and it's not who got the first hit that wins. You do got a shield but a certain Rifle don't give away the Sound for a warning signal so it's pretty fair in the battle field.

Overall this game ROCKS!!!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85

silentsin wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

. Everything about is made so that noobs have a better chance against someone that is better.
BF2 planes anyone? what about grenade launchers? hmm.... APC whores too....

i'm a veteran of almost every popular FPS. CS, CoD, all the battlefields, name it. and BF2 was the most unbalanced and unequal of them all i have to say.
I lol'd at apc whores. Seriously, they aren't hard to take, at all. If you're still bitching about grenade launchers then there is a problem with you, not the game. Hardly anyone plays assault anymore. Jets, yes, the F-35 is extremely unbalanced to the F-35. BUT, if you know what you are doing, you can still take it down.

I never said anything about the game being balanced, a perfectly balanced game is no fun. I said noobs have a better chance against a better player in 2142 than they should.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6672|under there hayousaidunderwear

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

SlightlySto0pid wrote:

BF2142 is more fun
It's not made so that noobs have a chance against someone that's better..its balanced.
-Guns are more inherently inaccurate (higher deviation)
-Gunships can't kill armor in one hit
-All weapons aren't as strong
-Spray and pray is rewarded by accuracy increase, while bursting isn't
Hahahaha, right
No you just suck.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6459|New York
Uhh, the gunship can kill all armor in the game except the walker in 1 clip of rockets, and if you have a gunner its a cakewalk to kill anything.

You're dead wrong if you think you do better by spraying and praying than bursting, with anything except the LMGs, and with those you have to burst or you'll overheat. So IDK what you're talking about. Sounds like you played 2142 for a little bit, got sick of it, and play BF2 again..I got sick of 2142 and "relapsed" into BF2 for like a week or two but I'm back in 2142 again and I love it.

Its simply more fun I don't care about "skillful vehicles" and stuff...because the only person who cares about how well you do in those is yourself and I don't need to please myself.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6551|Winterpeg, Canada
2142 is a noobfield so far, just picked up the game yesterday, and my first round on, went 25 and 3. All my

other rounds were fairly good aswell. Enjoy the game a lot though, much more teamwork involved if you can

find the right server.
silentsin
+3|6707

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

SlightlySto0pid wrote:

BF2142 is more fun
It's not made so that noobs have a chance against someone that's better..its balanced.
Hahahaha, right
QQ some more IMO
Flaming_Maniac

majorassult wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

SlightlySto0pid wrote:

BF2142 is more fun
Hahahaha, right
No you just suck.
You realize everything I just said is a fact right? You can go look up those numbers, and everything I said is an indisputable fact. I'd love to take you on any day.
majorassult
I <3 ak101

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

majorassult wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Hahahaha, right
No you just suck.
You realize everything I just said is a fact right? You can go look up those numbers, and everything I said is an indisputable fact. I'd love to take you on any day.
The guns are actually not inaccurate.
Gunships can take out a tank in one round of their missles to the back of it, not the tv
You are right that all weapons aren't strong, but should an engineer gun be as strong as a sniper?
And due to the patch, burst is now effective.

Last edited by majorassult (2006-12-10 14:07:26)

Flaming_Maniac

majorassult wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

majorassult wrote:

No you just suck.
Gunships can take out a tank in one round of their missles to the back of it, not the tv
You are right that all weapons aren't strong, but should an engineer gun be as strong as a sniper?
Actually yes, the deviations are largers
That's more than one hit then isn't it?
Example the strongest assault rifle in 2142, the Baur, does 34 damage per hit, while the g3 does 40.
After the patch they are more effective, but single shot in BF2 is still more accurate than in 2142.
Zukabazuka
+23|6695
Only support has spray and get better accuracy, but support is still weak because everyone has heavy armor on them so bullets dont do much damage.

Spray and pray is what BF2 is about.

Going 25 3, boy is it that hard? dude its easy to get it in BF2 too. A balanced game is more fun than a unbalanced game.
majorassult
I <3 ak101

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

majorassult wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Example the strongest assault rifle in 2142, the Baur, does 34 damage per hit, while the g3 does 40.
After the patch they are more effective, but single shot in BF2 is still more accurate than in 2142.
It's a different game, designed for new gameplay and techniques.  It's not supposed to be comparable to BF2.  And why are you even in the 2142 section?
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6541

straz_mataz wrote:

the demo sucks ass!!!!!!!!
Hmmm.  I actually enjoyed the BF2142 demo more than the complete game...

In my opinion, BF2 was a fun, fast-paced game up until the 1.2 patch.  BF2142 was slow-paced to begin with.
l41e
+677|6658

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

-Guns are more inherently inaccurate (higher deviation) Yeah, I know. 0.38 (Baur) is soooo much less accurate than 0.5. (1.12 G3A3).
-Gunships can't kill armor in one hit Nor can armor kill gunships in one hit. The only people complaining about this are the people used to "l33t-pwning" the "n00bz" on the enemy team with their "l33t mi28".
-All weapons aren't as strong Oh noes, one more shot to take down an enemy. /apocalypse
-Spray and pray is rewarded by accuracy increase, while bursting isn't Ever actually played the game? This goes for the machine guns and the machine guns only.
Hahahaha, right

Last edited by k30dxedle (2006-12-10 14:18:57)

Flaming_Maniac

Zukabazuka wrote:

Only support has spray and get better accuracy, but support is still weak because everyone has heavy armor on them so bullets dont do much damage.

Spray and pray is what BF2 is about.

Going 25 3, boy is it that hard? dude its easy to get it in BF2 too. A balanced game is more fun than a unbalanced game.
You OBVIOUSLY go 25-3 a lot in BF2 judging by your stats.

majorassult wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

majorassult wrote:

It's a different game, designed for new gameplay and techniques.  It's not supposed to be comparable to BF2.  And why are you even in the 2142 section?
I sort by new posts.

My whole point was it is a different game, designed so there is less of a skill gap.

I'm getting really tired of people saying 2142 shouldn't be comparable to BF2. Why the hell not? They are both in the Battlefield series, and 2142 even runs on the same engine as BF2. The ranking system is similar, the game mechanics are similar, the goals are similar. BF2 was compared to 1942 and Vietnam when it came out, 2142 should go through the same scrutiny.
Flaming_Maniac

k30dxedle wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

-Guns are more inherently inaccurate (higher deviation) Yeah, I know. 0.38 (Baur) is soooo much less accurate than 0.5. (1.12 G3A3).
-Gunships can't kill armor in one hit Nor can armor kill gunships in one hit. The only people complaining about this are the people used to "l33t-pwning" the "n00bz" on the enemy team with their "l33t mi28".
-All weapons aren't as strong Oh noes, one more shot to take down an enemy. /apocalypse
-Spray and pray is rewarded by accuracy increase, while bursting isn't Ever actually played the game? This goes for the machine guns and the machine guns only.
Hahahaha, right
The G3 is more powerul than the Baur, and that isn't even what it is now. You should be comparing it to the default assault rifles. I'm comparing if he would rather play 2142 in a month or BF2 in a month.

What is the point of getting in a Gunship in 2142? You can take down armor decently, but it's usually faster to pair up two people to a tank as engies than to get two people in a gunship.

Yes, it is mostly the machine guns, but even on the assault rifles pre-patch, bursts weren't very accurate. You had a better shot getting as many bullets downrange as possible than trying to put three bullets in someone. This has gotten much better with the recent patches.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6459|New York
It's not a skill gap you flaming retard it's BALANCE.
majorassult
I <3 ak101

SlightlySto0pid wrote:

Flaming_Maniac

SlightlySto0pid wrote:

Rules wrote:

Never engage in personal attacks. Ever.
Balance is where no weapon is exceedingly good over another similar weapon, though in battlefield it can often refer to the armies or types of weaponry compared.

Balance is not when someone loses a confrontation based solely on the way the game is designed rather than skill. I don't like getting lucky in my games, I like to know that me or the other guy came out on top because they are good.

I believe 2142 is designed so that you can pick up the game for the first time and have a better shot at beating the veterans.
Mudguts
+1|6501
Well just to add my two-bob, I've had much more fun playing BF2142. Its more balanced.. and I think faster paced-? Pods, FAVs etc, get you in the action quicker.  I was doubting it when it came out too, but only went back to BF2 a couple of times, and not for weeks now.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6850

Stingray24 wrote:

It's better, enjoy the full game after Christmas.  The unlocks are better and for sprinting there are 2 player abilities that give your soldier longer sprint and faster sprint recharge.  BF2 does not even compare to 2142. I am gay. The squad teamwork is so much better in 2142 and the point system is designed to reward teamwork, not just kills.  See you on the battlefield after Christmas!
Duh unlocks are typically better. Why the fuck doesn't the military provide pistols as a side arm.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6654|Ohio
Lambert = for the win.

i unlocked it today, and im just mad at my self for not getting it sooner.
KiLLMasTer
+3|6791|West Va (USA)
yup the demo is not good the full game is sweet.
=MI5=CHRISTIAN
Me Gusta Karma Mucho
+49|6555|Leftern America
I thought the same thing at first. The demo was horrible. Hoping the actual game was going to be better, I bought it, and I'm glad to say I did. The game is great and to this day, I have had no CTD's, no connection problems, and as more patches come out, more and more glitches are gone. Bottom line, 2142 owns.

Thread closed.
Cubanpenguin
+35|6687|Kingston, Canada
I've only been playing for 2 days and I've noticed at least 5 glitches. - Most fixed by patches

Everything is so weak. You can blow up anything with a few shots. - More realistic, and if you know how to use vehicles you can stay alive for along time.

Helos take no skill at all to fly. - I haven't used them much so I can't say.

You barely run into your teammate with an APC/Tank and you get punished for a teamkill. - That is annoying.

The Titans are very glitchy. - The Titans are much better after the patches

The guns aren't very good. I think the only good one is the SCAR 11 and both support guns. I bet the unlocks are better. - True, but it's because the game is trying to be balanced, and it seems to work well.

You can't sprint very far without running outta breath. Who trained these tubs of lard? The sprint unlocks fix this very well.

Players die too easily. I don't find this.

The main thing about the demo is that Sudi Power Plant sucks, it's probably the worst map in the game, or close anyway.

The city maps are alot of fun and most seem fairly balanced as long as the teams are. I highly recommend it as I wasn't too impressed with the demo either but the full game with unlocks and better maps is a million times better.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6656|Peoria
My whole this is this. Ok, lets say your a pro. Your basically the shit. Lets just say people know you. Important people.

Now, you play a game like BF2, a "balanced" game.  You a jet, a J-10, and because your such a pro, people can't even compare to your skills. Even if they could shoot you down, you'd just call up Tony Soprano the next day.

Then BF2142 comes out. Oh my god. This game is so not uber pro. It's liek teh guns, they aren't as pro as you, because the damage that they do is sorta low, yknow? Your so pro, everything should be liek teh AWP in CS:S where you can hit someone liek once in the left shin, and they just die, cause liek thats just how pro you are. If people who aren't pro liek you and have a bunch of time to play can pick up a gun and be liek, a challenge, thats just not pro, yknow?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard