BatfinkJr
+0|6719|Sydney, AUS
Hey all,

I was just interested if anyone has gone toe-to-toe against any high ranking (say top 100) BF2 players and if they have any interesting war stories to tell?

What were they like? Are they really really good, or are they just high ranking because they have no life outside of BF2 and play all day, every day?
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6743

I played against DJJeffro, saw him get 300 in a Blackhawk on Wake. I got 100 points just off kill damage assists.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Nah, but that idiot who team-knifed Anubis a few times just to say he had killed the no. 2 has. What a dumbass.

I've probably played with a bunch of people that could beat a lot of the Top 100, so there's no big thing about being there. I could probably beat a lot of the Top 100. A lot of the Top 100 are only there because they play a shit load, not because they're good.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-12-27 21:48:15)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Lawk
+2|6776

BatfinkJr wrote:

Hey all,

I was just interested if anyone has gone toe-to-toe against any high ranking (say top 100) BF2 players and if they have any interesting war stories to tell?

What were they like? Are they really really good, or are they just high ranking because they have no life outside of BF2 and play all day, every day?
Poor quality, I know.

Killed Butler a few times.  Others killed him more.

Oh and as far as being vastly skilled, nah, I think they just play a lot.
https://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1147/screen0849tf.th.png

Last edited by Lawk (2005-12-27 22:05:03)

emperorphoenix
+5|6776|Westeren Australia
i head shot 1 sleping on the job BlaZiN.uk
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739
Ive sniped raid while he was flying a chopper
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6743
I've come face to face with Blazin on a few occasions. It's probably about 50/50 right now, I've killed him about 4 times...
Sinyukov
+4|6713
Played with Firestorm. Knifed and shot him a couple of times. Mostly we play on the same team though. One thing is definately for sure is that he is a great commander. As a player he can hold his own but I did see a few guys on the same server better than him.
Frappy
+0|6698|Cheshire, UK
Most of them you'll only come up against if your commander leads you to them, and you'll find them in twos or threes, perhaps with some of your own team, stat-padding. That is if you don't have a server admin that's already kicked their worthless asses off the server.
Fo_Shizzle
+0|6708
you cant escape (ARK)DJJeffro, his black hawk skills are just too strong, unless you ram him with a jet or get a steady aim and tail him with the attack choppers
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6711|th3 unkn0wn

Tyferra wrote:

Nah, but that idiot who team-knifed Anubis a few times just to say he had killed the no. 2 has. What a dumbass.
Anubis deserved wot he got cos I saw him tk several times for the Chinese jet on Wake. Wot goes around comes around as they say.
proJect
+0|6698
I've killed ASSAULTOXIC (No.6 in the world) a couple of times. Haven't spoken to him but I don't really care, he's a very good player. He has taken bunny hopping to a new level!

He's more like a knee magnet! He always ends up laying right under you and putting 5 shotguns shells in your ass!
RONIN6969001
+0|6753|Duluth MN
ive sniped at least 5 of the top 10 players           but i don't see the big deal       i don't really think its a big step forword or anyhtign
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6711|th3 unkn0wn

proJect wrote:

I've killed ASSAULTOXIC (No.6 in the world) a couple of times. Haven't spoken to him but I don't really care, he's a very good player. He has taken bunny hopping to a new level!

He's more like a knee magnet! He always ends up laying right under you and putting 5 shotguns shells in your ass!
Why do I get the impression that you're a m8 of AssaultToxic trying to promote his image here. You're a fellow South African just like him aren't you???
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6739

RONIN6969001 wrote:

ive sniped at least 5 of the top 10 players           but i don't see the big deal       i don't really think its a big step forword or anyhtign
its not the reason they are at the top is cause they play way to much. its sad almost. like ur gonna go into a bar and be like hey im in the top 10 in bf2 wanna go get a drink together   ?

I say good for them if thats what they want personally i could care less. long as i have fun playin. and when it stops being fun ill stop playin.....
bf2krewjustin
+0|6711

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

proJect wrote:

Why do I get the impression that you're a m8 of AssaultToxic trying to promote his image here. You're a fellow South African just like him aren't you???
YOU MEAN AFRICA HAS COMPUTERS/INTERNET?!?! lol
slidero

Tyferra wrote:

I've probably played with a bunch of people that could beat a lot of the Top 100, so there's no big thing about being there. I could probably beat a lot of the Top 100. A lot of the Top 100 are only there because they play a shit load, not because they're good.
True, but it's safe to assume that after all that play time they get good at what they do.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6753
well
they have a hamster on a wheel  and a calculator
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

And what the heck does that have anything to do with anything Hyper?
BudRell
+2|6839|Home
LOL...use your brain..all of you. Are you so stupid that you really think someone is coming really good by playing a lot ? In what way good ? Is he faster than others ? Does he reload faster ? Does he revive more accurate or what. Bullshit. 
The game itself limits some things in player. You get better when you cheat. By cheating you will be faster, have better aim and you don't loose energy when someone shoots you.
proJect
+0|6698

bf2krewjustin wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

proJect wrote:

YOU MEAN AFRICA HAS COMPUTERS/INTERNET?!?! lol
Hehe... Yeah I'm from SOUTH AFRICA! You from the US? It's okay, we know that most of you don't what SA loox like! You'de be surprised at how close some places are to any other in the world. SA rulez!! We have the most beautiful woman too!

But, we still struggling for descent broad band services due to 1 service provider for the whole country! We just got 1 mb yay! woot!

But yeah, AssaultToxic ain't bad.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

shot Anubis out of his beloved plane 2wice
alizard
+0|6778

BudRell wrote:

LOL...use your brain..all of you. Are you so stupid that you really think someone is coming really good by playing a lot ? In what way good ? Is he faster than others ? Does he reload faster ? Does he revive more accurate or what. Bullshit. 
The game itself limits some things in player. You get better when you cheat. By cheating you will be faster, have better aim and you don't loose energy when someone shoots you.
lol , you really think people don't get better with experience? Do you go to the same hot spots, that you did when u first started playing, where tanks normally kick ur tail with an assault rifle? Bet not, why? because of experience.
doh!
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6706
Ive played against Plus Smiley a few times and got him a couple of times hes a good player but i think hes got there by just playing a damn lot more than most
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6730|Honolulu, HI
Honestly, your mileage will vary.  Look at the current #1, Blazin.uk.  Sure he has over 260,000 points, but good ol' Blazin is a team player.  His favorite kit (by far) is Medic.  His overall Kill/Death ratio is 0.96--hardly impressive, equal to mine in fact.  Same goes for Nastie_Butler, his favorite kit is Medic, his Kill/Death is only slightly better at 1.10.  Some of the other top-10 players are, in all honesty, vehicle whores, and as any player can tell you, getting kills as a T-90 or LAV-25 versus a bunch of infantry isn't exactly tough to do.

So basically, whether or not a top-ranking player kicks your ass depends on his forte.  For instance I would venture a guess that Blazin.uk's not so great at combat but would routinely come in the top 3 in a round just off of teamwork points.

And finally, in reference to the question, yeah, I faced off against Nastie_Butler on two separate occasions, both on Karkand, and both times fell victim to his LAV-whoring.  It was great.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard