Excellent players for defending the Titan26%26% - 36
Complete noobs as they are shit on the ground18%18% - 26
A waste of space and should go play something else17%17% - 24
Or just not bothered, as you are a God37%37% - 51
Total: 137
JimmyBotswana
+82|6628|Montreal

Magius5.0 wrote:

Engineer whores should not get cheap points and ruin all that hard work of blowing apart those guns in a matter of seconds...the guns need balancing so that if you destroy them, they take MUCH longer to repair.
no way
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6664|Gold coast, Aus.
A mix between "they are a waste of space" and "I am God"
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6763|California

0/\/\G 1T K1ll5 /\/\3 |\|3RF 1t!

no. fuck you.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6585|Sammamish, WA
Wow I'm kind of amazed at how much animosity there is towards people in the guns.

It really is a big strategic advantage to have people on your team using them. They blow the crap out of most things on the ground, especially infantry. Moving up your titan into position to cover several silos with the guns tremendously helps support a team's forces on the ground, especially as they advance. I usually ask my commander to move up the titan to accomplish just that. Plus the AA turrets can help keep the sky clear. Don't like 'em? They're easy to blow up and worth big points too (titan destruct pins are 20pts each plus the six points for killing the guns). They're really easy kills 'cause they're really powerful but they're just as easily destroyed and not every team has somebody willing to sit there repairing them. So really they're quite balanced and oh so helpful to your team.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-12-05 23:21:04)

lobo76
+2|6752
they are an important part of the game. I will not like pple to stay there for the whole round of course, i mean, which silo can u cover before the TITAN even moves? But having maybe 2 guys manning the guns (when the TITAN is over some silos) will damn nice to cover the silos.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6416|Kyiv, Ukraine
Positioned right, they can be a very big help to your team...that being said, the main reason to whore on the guns is to get that magic "kill streak" stat raised for 2 different ribbons and 1 of the medals.  Being able to kill and not be killed back gets you pins rolling in fast as well.

I do think they should change it though, as I think this does very much violate the "spirit of the game"...we need to have some sort of feedback loop at the console so when the turret dies with the gunner in it, he gets zapped to death.  Make it like in cyberpunk style where feedback from destroying something you remotely control fries your brain.  This would definitely make people think twice about sitting in the gun the whole round, sometimes doing nothing.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6780

If you hate the Titan guns, you will 125% hate me for using them.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6753|Sweden
it really ain´t a problem though it´s amusing to see 6 guys in the  guns and like 4 guys repair whore behind them sure if that´s how they like to play let them, but i would still rather see them commander-only. Would give the commander something more useful to do besides commanding.

They are a bigger problem in small-size servers with 16 player slots then you really don´t want to have like 4 guys up there, but there are other servers to play on.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6492|New York
Look, here's the problem.
The Titan AA is sometimes good to defense, but typically, the defending team wants to fight someone and the titan AA kills the dropships before they can get to the titan.
I've yet to see a game where I don't get TK'd by the titan guns because someone decides "I'm gonna pummel this silo incase an enemy comes" forgetting that the silo might have to be captured by a friendly.
Here's the biggest problem....THEY RUIN EVERY FIGHT IN THIS GAME. On Verdun, the middle silo is fun as hell to defend...but oh wait there's a titan gun shooting at it every 2 seconds. Fun over. Yes, I can blow up the titan guns, I get a 2x destructor pins almost every round, but they get repaired. Honestly, they are the lamest thing in the game. I don't care if they are hitting the closest silo to the titan from where the titan starts out, that's something I consider every team's "free silo" but when the 2 titans are so close you can pod over and they are both shooting 1 silo constantly, its so fucking lame. I dont care how much time you spend in there and how much you think it benefits the team, they are an "I win button" for spastic brain damaged peoples.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6872
The number of times I've been killed by idiots on my own team who just shoot the titan guns blindly at enemy silos without checking the map to see if someone's capping it.....
gearpig
+6|6804|SoCal
I don't care what anyone else thinks, those guns are the Titan version of arty in this game and they are important to defending silos if the titan is strategically placed to take advantage of that.
Chuckskull
+3|6418

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

The number of times I've been killed by idiots on my own team who just shoot the titan guns blindly at enemy silos without checking the map to see if someone's capping it.....
choyta
+2|6528
Once the titan is in range of a silo or two you're team is at a disadvantage if you don't have a man or two on the guns. Sure, it doesn't take as much skill as taking it to the enemy on foot but the people complaining about it being too easy are probably the same who are always spouting "omg I'm so hardcore I don't care about points". I can see it now....."Sure we are within range of 3 silos and have these 4 turrets we can use. But it's alot more 1337 for us to head down there with no covering fire and get 3 or 4 kills with small weapons than use them"

Yes we all roll our eyes when we see someone sitting on them before the titan has even moved, or sitting at a destroyed console with no engineers around to repair it. But hell, while they do what they do they'll remain an important part of winning even if they do provide some cheap kills. And if someone enjoys playing what pretty much equates to a space invaders flash game more than hooning around in vehicles or getting out there on foot then good luck to them.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6592|UK

Mr.Casual wrote:

MuseSeeker wrote:

I am also a God.
O no no, I am g0d, entertanyer is j33bus, and well, u can be all4h.
How about the holly spirit?  THERE ALL THE SAME DAM THING ANYWAY, never quite understood how jebus managed to be his own dad but there we go 8-).

I think controllin the titan guns is a valid thing to do when aiding your team as there tryin to cap a silo, so yea there good, not excellent.

Martyn
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6603
Oh I hate bunny hoppers and dolphin divers too. I cant beleive this shit goes ..................... Oh wrong thread.

Fuckin whiners never stop whining. The guns are there to use not critizize those who use them. NOOOOOOOOOBS
Mafia47
+27|6783|Chicago
I only use the guns when i'm either waiting for my attack chopper to show back up or i'm commanding. Otherwise its a waste of time.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6717|Canberra, AUS
"Stop whining" - me.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
JoeFriday
Git 'Er Dun
+23|6483|Canada
I believe that the titan guns are an excellent asset and do hell to the opponents so why not use them
gearpig
+6|6804|SoCal

choyta wrote:

Yes we all roll our eyes when we see someone sitting on them before the titan has even moved, or sitting at a destroyed console with no engineers around to repair it.
Maybe the guy was just AFK taking a dump? Been there, done that
jsnipy
+3,276|6565|...

Chuckskull wrote:

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

Ok spread a medic out to counter this.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard