Caxcal
+6|6445
My game starts the pic of the walker in africa, goes to a black screen then goes to desktop. Thats it.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6384|New York
did it just start happening?
did you try restarting?
did you try reinstalling?

sorry for the questions, just trying to get a sense of what's going on
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6771|EUR
Post your specs.
Caxcal
+6|6445

heggs wrote:

did it just start happening?
did you try restarting?
did you try reinstalling?

sorry for the questions, just trying to get a sense of what's going on
Just Started happening.
Have the latest patch.
Tried reinstalling.
Game worked before on my computer.
Caxcal
+6|6445

MuseSeeker wrote:

Post your specs.
Pentium 4 3.0
Ati x850
1 gig of Ram
asus p4c800 deluxe
80 gigabyte sata harddrive
2 DVD ROM DRIVES
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6737|OctoLand
odd
I know fucking karate
Caxcal
+6|6445

justice wrote:

odd
Ya i know, but does anyone know what to do.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6465

Nevermind

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2006-12-03 09:24:52)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Caxcal
+6|6445

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Nevermind
wait what did you say before
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6771|EUR
Try updating drivers.
Caxcal
+6|6445

MuseSeeker wrote:

Try updating drivers.
updated my vid card drivers already.
it worked before though
Brasso
+1,549|6626

A complete 2142 reinstall worked out all of my problems.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6628|Derby, England

Caxcal wrote:

My game starts the pic of the walker in africa, goes to a black screen then goes to desktop. Thats it.
I don't know why but sum how I think u having same problem as me with Media player so what you did was set your acceleration level to low, all you need to do is check this out

Right click Desktop go properties then go to settings then go in to advanced there inside there go to troubleshoot and make sure you have that set to full

Now you should be good to go

Peace Boris
malarkeycoon
+16|6636|Cardiff
I am having a very similar problem. Since installing the latest patch 1.06 the game just won't start. When I run the application it starts two processes BF2142Launcher.exe and another one which I forget the name of at the moment. They run for a few seconds, it minimizes that b4stard EALink program, the hard drive spins for a couple of seconds then nothing.

If I had bought the game on DVD I would have tried reinstalling but I stupidly downloaded it, then even more stupidly deleted the setup files. I should have got off my lazy arse and gone to a shop. Damn the internet to hell!!
Caxcal
+6|6445

badhq wrote:

Caxcal wrote:

I don't know why but sum how I think u having same problem as me with Media player so what you did was set your acceleration level to low, all you need to do is check this out

Right click Desktop go properties then go to settings then go in to advanced there inside there go to troubleshoot and make sure you have that set to full

Now you should be good to go

Peace Boris
Unfortunetly that did not work, I didnt think it would because every thing else works fine.
I appreciate all the help i am getting please continue to do so.
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

Thats weird. Do you get any message when it hapens ?
Maybe try uninstaling DVD emulation software like Demon or Alcohool.

Or you can try reinstaling and running the game before you patch. If it works than its the patchs thats bugging you.

Also delete the files under My Documents/bf2142 (or just rename the dir to bf2142OLD)

Last edited by zeidmaan (2006-12-07 15:47:55)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6465

I had the same problem... But since you reinstalled it shouldn't be it but anyways...

Try checking if your computer is running game as high priority program. When I had it as high my game wouldn't start up but worked after I set it back to medium.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Caxcal
+6|6445

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

I had the same problem... But since you reinstalled it shouldn't be it but anyways...

Try checking if your computer is running game as high priority program. When I had it as high my game wouldn't start up but worked after I set it back to medium.
How do I do that?
Caxcal
+6|6445
Tried it without 1.06 patch and it worked patching now give an update in a sec
Caxcal
+6|6445
Works Now Thanks for the help
zeidmaan
+234|6411|Vienna

woot I actualy helped someone !!!!!
plastic_budgie
+114|6747|England : East Yorkshire
yeah this is happening to me i have just had a major virus which screwed me comp so i did a full system reboot starting from fresh but Ive installed bf2 that works fine but 2142 does exactly the same thing walker loads black screen back to desktop Ive installed new patch 1.06 got latest driver for 9800 xt .. i just don't know what to do any help please ?
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6706|Sweden
sounds weird indeed i had another somewhat similar thing with my old comp. But it turned out that the graphic card had burned it was somewhat working but couldĀ“nt start up certain games etc.
Though i guess you have checked your hardware
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6628|Derby, England

Caxcal wrote:

Launching/Loading Issues: The most common problem with BF2142 is that the game crashes to desktop or goes to a black screen when you first launch it. Aside from the DX9 issue above, the main reason for this is either incompatible hardware (make sure you meet all the minimum specs, especially the graphics card requirements - see Official Support above), or more usually the fact that you're not running at the default Windows XP Refresh Rateof 60Hz. The game tries to launch at 60Hz initially, so your system must be running that same refresh rate, otherwise the game will abort. If you are using any refresh rate override program/method, disable it (e.g. if you're using Refresh Force click the 'Restore Original Settings' button and apply). Alternatively, see the Advanced Tweaking section of the guide for details on how to set a custom startup resolution. Once you've got the game running, you can then change the resolution to suit your taste in the in-game settings, and importantly you can select a higher refresh rate. Then you can reapply any refresh rate override and the game will launch without any problems. Finally, if nothing else works you can try deleting your user profiles, though this obviously removes all the customizations you've made. To do this, delete all the files/folders under the \Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\Battlefield 2142\Profiles\ directory and restart the game.

Peace Boris

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard