Rizen_Ji
+41|6735|200m out and smiling at you.
Alright, I'm looking to buy a laptop that'll run BF2 decently at a fairly cheap price...

Anyone got any suggestions?
Leatherface-TCM
The Saw is Family
+0|6820

Rizen_Ji wrote:

Alright, I'm looking to buy a laptop that'll run BF2 decently at a fairly cheap price...

Anyone got any suggestions?
Laptop + BF2 decently + fairly cheap price does not = reality

Unless you find some pure steal of the century you will not be happy trying to run BF2 on an inexpensive  laptop.  I have an old Gateway laptop with a 17" LCD (before widescreen) and an mobile ati 9600 (I think) - and have bumped ram to 1Gig - will not run BF2 smoothly at all.
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA
get a laptop with the new mobile x1600
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6719|California

laptops arent cheap, ever.

but if you want to splurge, id suggest getting an Alienware setup, or even the dell gaming laptop CAN be good
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6843|Waikato, Aotearoa
Gaming laptop hmmz....... NOT DELL - NOT DELL EVER.
Cant give you any decent laptop ideas, as in a particular make or model.

However, when you look for your laptop, do some research before hand, and make phone calls.

Ask the sales rep questions like the graphics, and if you can upgrade it. If its onboard, you might not be able to get a video card. If the graphics is onboard you will be surprised @ just how limited your gaming will be.
Memory and type. Not all laptops take generic Laptop RAM. Some of them are quite specific on the type (Giel, Kingmax etc.)
Hard drive and processor - Same as memory.

Oh and did i say NOT DELL - NOT DELL EVER??
Dell use Proprietry hardware that will only work in Dell rigs - if they are willing to upgrade it for you at all. My mate bought a Dell and hes been trying to upgrade the video card and memory with no success. Dell dont want to upgrade his laptop, even tho they have the components he wants (graphics and RAM).
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6727|Australia
laptop with X1600 does not = cheap
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6727|Australia
If you really want a laptop that games, you will hav to save up alot

Then, Buy a Alienware with a 7800 GTX
TC><Injecter
+4|6827|Berlin, Germany
Normally I HATE DELL, but their new XPS laptop with the GeForce 7800 GTX seems to be quite cool AND ITS THE ONLY COOL THING THERE xD.... Still, Alienware wont probably cost more but still be WAY much cooler
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6727|Australia
both expensive, take your pick
Rizen_Ji
well currently while i play at my friend's house i use the laptop, and it runs quite smoothly for me, i just set everything to the lowest possible setting with the exceptopm of a few and it runs quite smoothly. i was just wondering if anyone else used a laptop and if they did which one they did use.
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

However, when you look for your laptop, do some research before hand, and make phone calls.

Ask the sales rep questions like the graphics, and if you can upgrade it. If its onboard, you might not be able to get a video card. If the graphics is onboard you will be surprised @ just how limited your gaming will be.
Memory and type. Not all laptops take generic Laptop RAM. Some of them are quite specific on the type (Giel, Kingmax etc.)

Dell use Proprietry hardware that will only work in Dell rigs - if they are willing to upgrade it for you at all. My mate bought a Dell and hes been trying to upgrade the video card and memory with no success. Dell dont want to upgrade his laptop, even tho they have the components he wants (graphics and RAM).
how funny i upgraded the PSU and the vid card to a x850
Rizen_Ji
Ok, I just looked up the XPS laptops by Dell, and I checked out the XPS M140

it has

Bullet    IntelĀ® Media Accelerator 900TM  (integrated, up to 128MB Shared)

for the graphics card does that meet the minimum requirement? I have no idea...
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6843|Waikato, Aotearoa

Maj.Do wrote:

Ahh but was it a laptop??
And this is Dell New Zealand/Australia
Rizen_Ji
anyone wanna tell me if that graphics card is the minimum or not?
psychotoxic187
+11|6708

Rizen_Ji wrote:

anyone wanna tell me if that graphics card is the minimum or not?
That card will not work, it's an integrated graphics card.
Maj.Do
+85|6751|good old CA

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Maj.Do wrote:

Ahh but was it a laptop??
And this is Dell New Zealand/Australia
no my computer
Rizen_Ji
dang it that's crap i dont wanna buy a desktop....
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6752

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

Did your mate own a Dell XPS?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard