maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6412|Melbourne, AUS
why has england consistently put on giles instead of monty panesar? it seems pretty obvious
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Ohhhhh......

I'm liking the Collingwood/Pietersen partnership. Hope one of them hangs on long enough for a double century.

maffiaw wrote:

why has england consistently put on giles instead of monty panesar? it seems pretty obvious
Why? Is it because Giles can actually bat? Or is it because Monty is a liability fielding?
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6454|A W S M F O X
HA! Collingwood just got out, lunch has started i think. But good on 'im with the double century!
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6582|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Yes get in there
551 for 6 declared go on England
Normally I'm not a gloater but this might be my only chance,

where were you warne only 1 wicket boohoo keep it up
Mcgrath should have done what was best for the team and declared himself not fit, but oh well shame he chose to play now we can score runs off his poor bowling
Well played clark the only bright side of the aussie display
(that was fun not often we get to slate the aussies)

So now to the England bowling this is where my above statement goes tits up. well freddy is holding the team up again (i know it was only 9 overs) go freddy, lets hope the rest of the bowlers perform to their potential and get the roo's out for under 250.
Think this one will be a draw though good batting pitch, my money is on a draw but come on England lets get some pressure on the aussie's

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-12-02 02:33:12)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Oh dear. The Aussie bowlers are looking about as ineffectual on this pitch as the England bowlers looked in Brisbane. Chasing 551 with Langer gone for 4 puts a lot of pressure on Ponting to perform. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past Ponting to manage to pull out something special.

I reckon England could scrape a win here, but it's all on how soon the next couple of wickets fall. If they don't go pretty quick, I reckon it'll be a draw.

It's looking a bit like the last Ashes series - disaterous loss in the 1st test, dominating in the 2nd. Could we be looking at a repeat of last year? I hope so.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-12-02 02:03:23)

cospengle
+140|6478|Armidale, NSW, Australia
Whatever the result of this match, the series is alive. I was worried after the last match.
1927(h)
The match from Eng's point of view has to be safe, thats the 1st part out of the way.  If the Aussies are to win they need at least 3, centurions in this innings with the opener gone.  I cant see it and thats why I reckon Eng wont loose.

Now to win it they need 19 more wickets, its a big big ask when your 4/5 bowlers are not all fireing on all cylinders but it is do-able.

Congrats Collingwood I think he's the best "point" feilder in the world and a cracking batsman too.  He does bowl a bit in the ODI and if I was a kid he'd be one of the guys I try to emulate.  Well done to KP aswell, hopefully this will give the team the confidence they havent been playing with.

Try and get the win (obvious I know) and that'll take the pressure right off the tour.
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6577
Well Done England.Bring on Day 3.Well Done Colly and the other England Players.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6667|Kingswood Country
Australia are just biding their time. Yep - anytime now.... comeback today for sure...
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6520|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

Bertster7 wrote:

Why? Is it because Giles can actually bat? Or is it because Monty is a liability fielding?
Panesar wasn't the one who dropped a pretty simple catch yesterday...........
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
It's now got draw written all over it
well played Oz kept us down
Well played Hoggard a bit of support for freddy at last.

Bring on the 3rd test, it will be an important match.
Where is being played my down under friends, A place not too hot I hope.
Where is left???
Perth
Melbourne
Sydney

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-12-04 04:19:05)

cospengle
3rd Test - Perth   14-18 Dec

4th Test - Melbourne   26-30 Dec

5th Test - Sydney   2-6 Jan

Hoggard did amazingly well: 109/7, and had a catch dropped off him too. The rest of the team put together got 404/3 (although I think there were a couple of overthrows).

Last edited by cospengle (2006-12-04 04:32:10)

SwampDog
+12|6462|Luton, England

TeamZephyr wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

And monty is a more dangerous Bowler! Giles only ever gets tail enders out and most of the top order smack him silly, Monty on the other hand can actually get top order batsmen out and not just the tail.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

SwampDog wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

And monty is a more dangerous Bowler! Giles only ever gets tail enders out and most of the top order smack him silly, Monty on the other hand can actually get top order batsmen out and not just the tail.
He got Gilchrist (who I wouldn't call a tail ender) out and took a catch this test. Monty is very poor in the field, lets loads of balls reach the boundary and the other teams score rate increases. Collingwood is the opposite, a great fielder who'll stop practically anything.

I think Giles is the right choice.

I hope the other pitches aren't so totally rubbish. It's led to some pretty boring, slow paced cricket.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
I hope the other pitches aren't so totally rubbish. It's led to some pretty boring, slow paced cricket.
Yeah that's the worst I have seen Warne bowl, well he didn't bowl badly just negative.  Good to see we had him scared though.
cospengle
I think we might see some fireworks today. Warne will have to bowl agressively if the Aussies want to have a crack at winning. I hope the Poms will go after him. But who am I kidding? It's a draw already.

Last edited by cospengle (2006-12-04 14:53:43)

1927(h)
Warne has things on his side except a pitch, to an extent.  If they got any sence Eng will just push the ball back to him and forget the runs just bat for time.  Try and give Freddie a rest as his ankle is playing up, him n Mcgrath should stop wearing high heals if they can't walk in them without stumbling.

If we are to have another bowl at them give the ball to Harmy and tell him now or never, not just about taking wkts but start bowling well, its hard for him as the pitch is flatter than an atheletes chest (female) but the more overs he gets under his belt the better.  God to see Jimmy Anderson take a wicket or two (man I sound like Beanud now) but I'd rather see Month playing.  If Freds ankle has gone all wankle maybe we will.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6478|Melbourne

Australia can bring it back for sure!
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
cospengle
Wow. 3/70!

Apparetly Bucknor needs new specs...Strauss must be pissed off.

Edit: 'eck! 4/73! The Poms can't even stay in long enough for me to write a post!

Last edited by cospengle (2006-12-04 17:39:44)

TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6520|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

Bertster7 wrote:

SwampDog wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

He got Gilchrist (who I wouldn't call a tail ender) out and took a catch this test.
Mate, I could bowl Gilchrist, he's been going through quite a slump in form.

Anyway, It's before lunch on Day 5 England are 5/82 and it's NOT LOOKING GOOD.

I reckon if the Aussies can get rid of England halfway through the 2nd Session today we can get the runs required with a bit of one day batting.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6572|Melbourne, Australia.
Woot! 160odd needed off 35 overs. Send gilly in and Aus can do it .

They appealed off every ball near the end there
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6478|Melbourne

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

Woot! 160odd needed off 35 overs. Send gilly in and Aus can do it .

They appealed off every ball near the end there
Whats the score?
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
England all out for 120something.

Aus need 163? to win. tea break, 1 session left...I think its 35 overs. 4 per over needed
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6667|Kingswood Country
Yep - showing 168 off 34 overs on SMH (wish I had a tv at work).

Basically they need to play a semi-dodgy one-dayer.

Expect Gilchrist to get excited and bowled first over though.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin

Ekfud wrote:

Expect Gilchrist to get excited and bowled first over though.
Yea, thats the problm with gilly...he either gets caught in the first over or goes on to make 50+...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard