I want a CD in my hands36%36% - 20
I quit BF2 now and live somewere alone in the mountains10%10% - 6
I will get an illegal version muhahaha3%3% - 2
Total: 55
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6772|The Netherlands
New patch information for the upcoming 1.2 patch:

- Patch 1.2 is almost completed and will be released before the launch of the first booster pack
- Patch 1.3 will be released before the launch of the second booster pack (spring 2006)
- The changelog of patch 1.2, released earlier this month, is not complete. Besides the gameplay changes, patch 1.2 will contain many clientside bugfixes.
- Both 1.2 and 1.3 patch will be large is size because of the ingame-support for the booster packs containing new maps, vehicles and weapons.
- The patch will be released in two versions: one full patch (1.x to 1.2) and one incremental patch (1.12 to 1.2). Both patches will be available for download at ftp://largedownloads.ea.com and http://files.i3d.nl
- The incremental patch is a big improvement for BF2 patch distribution! We are looking forward to both booster packs (new ranked maps)!

i love the idea of incremental patches this will make the downloads much smaller (so we downloaded the same patches time after time?)
it means that they will take the old patches out of the new patch or you can get the full all patches together patch

the booster packs are only downloadable and will cost some money (between 10 and 20 Euro/USdollar (they are allmost worth the same are they?)
but EA said the booster packs are coming in march/april so this could mean we will have to wait still pretty long before we ge the patch

Last edited by fdcp_elmo (2005-12-26 07:31:57)

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6784|Canader , eh?
does this mean that they are trying to suck more money out of us in the booster packs?
TC><Injecter
+4|6845|Berlin, Germany
Yes! BUT: I will still download the complete patches everytime... I HATE INCREMENTAL PATCHEs

AND Yes they want to make more money with the booster packs too!

Last edited by TC><Injecter (2005-12-26 06:03:13)

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6784|Canader , eh?

TC><Injecter wrote:

Yes! BUT: I will still download the complete patches everytime... I HATE INCREMENTAL PATCHEs

this is just fucking insane...all EA wants is money, money, money.....does this mean they like ABBA?

Last edited by [N.B]canadiannnn (2005-12-26 06:11:30)

Speelbal
+146|6769|Netherlands
Tell me more, I am confused. It's like this (I think:) There will be a new patch. The famous "Bunnyhopping-will-be-gone" patch. After that EA will release a booster pack. This is a cd with new maps and weapons. After the release EA will have a new incremental pacth available for download. This is a new way to dowload patches. Makes the downloads much smaller.

Right??
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6759|United Kingdom
New vehicles, maps and weapons? Sounds good, but are new weapons really needed? And vehicles for that matter? I suppose a 2 man quick transpot chopper would be cool, maybe a different kind of boat...

Maps...these could go either way in my opinion. More plane maps? Great, more I'll probably never play on. Give me some maps with NO armoured vehicles, NO planes, NO heli's, and NO arty, and I'd be a happy man. You know, infantry only (with humvees for transport).
Diomed
+1|6716
They want your money.  Get over it and give it to them.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6758|In your head

Diomed wrote:

Dude just shut up.

That is retarded the only buy of download thing cuz what if the computer crashes? You have to delete everything then pay money again for the booster pack.....seems pretty gay to me. Way to go EA way to screw up everything even more bunch of bloody idiots.

Last edited by ghostgr (2005-12-26 13:26:01)

wayneakagod
+17|6764
Well it doesn't look like we have to pay for the booster packs to me. I haven't heard about them until now, and i'm sure if they were going to be in the shops there would be a lot more info around the place about them.
Anyway, lets hope for once they'll throw in an infantry ONLY map.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6751|cairns australia
just like special forces if you paid for the download you can download it multiple times.heard $10 us for each booster "only available by download"
Beatdown Patrol
+1|6755

ghostgr wrote:

Diomed wrote:

Dude just shut up.

That is retarded the only buy of download thing cuz what if the computer crashes? You have to delete everything then pay money again for the booster pack.....seems pretty gay to me. Way to go EA way to screw up everything even more bunch of bloody idiots.
Chillax dude.  You have to create an sales account with EA before you can download the game/patch.  If you have to load the software onto your computer again, your sales log has a record of the original purchase.  You simpy log onto the EA sales website and re-download the game or patch.

On another note, I SERIOUSLY doubt that I am going to download those stupid booster packs.  I have already spent $85 on both BF2 and BF2:SF.  The fact that they can't give the community free content after our initial purchase is simply unacceptable and I won't support it.  Both BF2 and BF2:SF were riddled with bugs and only have one play mode.  That content should have been in the original two games.  Booster packs my ass.  More like booster shot TO the ass!!! 

I don't see how corporate executives of these companies can sit in their boardroom and scratch their heads in wonder at why software piracy is skyrocketing.  For those who remember back when CDs first started being used as the medium for games, the whole idea was that it would lower the prices for games for consumers.  Instead it simply increased the profit margins for the game companies because game prices have not gone down...they have gone UP.  Consumers would for ONCE like to see a concerted effort for corporate America to meet the average consumer in the middle.

- Beatdown
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6766|Netherlands
so you cant buy the booster pack in stores???
OneThursday
+0|6752|Long Island

[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

TC><Injecter wrote:

this is just fucking insane...all EA wants is money, money, money.....does this mean they like ABBA?
ohh shit thanks man, i had completely forgot the purpose of creating a product and selling it.  But now that you've reminded me that the point is to make money I think i understand it! Get over it its 20$
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6793|Scotland!!!

fdcp_elmo wrote:

the booster packs are only downloadable and will cost some money
^^^^^^^^^^^

IlIlIlIlIl wrote:

so you cant buy the booster pack in stores???
thats usualy what "only downloadable" means
Bwspecial
+2|6839
Why is everyone so mad? You purchased the game(s) for the maps/weapons included in such.
Why would EA pay people to develop new contents for a game that sales had become stagnant?  They could always chang to a pay-for-play format. If you don't want the booster packs then don't buy them. There will still be servers up running the older versions.
Scarymother
+1|6760
I do get sick of people who expect corporations just to do stuff for nothing.  If not for the profit motive and the fact that these companies can make money from this medium we wouldn't have this marvellous game in the first place.

If you don't want the extra content, don't buy it, but stop bitching about it.

Count yourself lucky that the game doesn't require a monthly subscription like many on-line games.
RKF77
+1|6768
You know why they can do this and get away with it?  There's one sole reason they can charge like this for all their new content...Stats.  Yep, everyone complaining about EA's angle here is proudly displaying the tool that EA is using to push it...the stats and ranking systems.

You can only get ranks, awards and unlocks on ranked servers, which can only run official EA stuff, right?  Therefore, if you want to keep accruing global score toward ranks and get unlocks and awards, you gotta pay them for the official stuff.  Your call, everyone.  They can easily see how important stats are to everyone simply by visiting BF2 forums.  They know that you won't use freely-available mods and WILL buy their "booster packs" because you're all so worried about stats.

There's mods out there...mods that have new vehicles, weapons, and maps.  But they don't let you obtain the apparently all-important stats.

IMO, the main thing left out of these patches and "packs" are new gametypes.  Conquest is getting really old really fast.
Mandoscottie
+1|6854|Kirriemuir, NE Scotland
I dont see what the problem is with having to pay for extra maps etc.

for one we all had to do it for BF42 > Road to Rome & BF2 Secret Weapons. The difference there was you bought them on CD because 75% of the western world at that time didnt have Broadband. Id rather pay say £10 for a download-able pack than stump up £14-£19 for it on CD.

Paying for extra content is nothing new, heck im an xbox live subscriber and I didnt mind one bit paying £2.99 for each of the extra packs (3 of) for PGR2 or for Halo2 (not for me but for my son).

As long as the maps and packs are as good as the maps in the original BF2 I personally dont see any problem. SF was the same although I have to admit I dont enjoy it as much as the original BF2 but I bought it none the less because its for BF2.

You dont get anything for free in this world, its about time people stopped dreaming with we should get it for free!

Last edited by Mandoscottie (2005-12-26 14:56:35)

SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6793|Scotland!!!
is there any official info about this "patch" ?  i had a very quick look on ea bf2 site and couldnt see much.......
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6757|England
Whats the legality of this? we have bought the full game, and then most of us have forked out for an 'expansion pack' too. Without the updates/patches we CANT --->[quote from dvd case] "defeat the enemy online to rise through the ranks and unlock weapons and medals with the all-new character scoring system"

mis-selling of product? here in the UK we are protected from this sort of thing in retail...so arent they outside the laws/watchdogs a bit?
TroyN
+0|6742

wooly-back-jack wrote:

Whats the legality of this? we have bought the full game, and then most of us have forked out for an 'expansion pack' too. Without the updates/patches we CANT --->[quote from dvd case] "defeat the enemy online to rise through the ranks and unlock weapons and medals with the all-new character scoring system"

mis-selling of product? here in the UK we are protected from this sort of thing in retail...so arent they outside the laws/watchdogs a bit?
Eh? Far be it for me to defend EA, I hate them and think they drive nearly everything into the ground. It is however perfectly legal and it doesn't even blur the legal line. You bought the game, you can play the game. When they release the "booster packs". You can pay a little and download some extra official content, or not and still play the same exact game you paid for. I personally like the idea of expansions. Sure they could be like Epic and make bonus packs for free, but they're the exception not the rule.
voltage
+46|6857|Sweden
Source! Source!
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6781|mansfield
lets all just go to bed. im tired,

nighty night
luckybaer
+10|6791| Going Feral

ghostgr wrote:

Diomed wrote:

Dude just shut up.

No.  You log in to EA Downloader and download whatever you need to replace.  That's the way it works for Special Forces, because I thwacked my Windoze installation and everything was bonkers.  I had to erase everything and then download again.  Pain in the arse?  Yes, because the file was huge.  Did it cost me MORE money?  No.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6802|Perth, Western Australia
I might pay for it, sounds like a good idea, but only if they get creative instead of assing another standard carbine to spec ops, another AR to assault, which would be pointless. I mean creative in the sense that with SF as an engineer you can choose between high powered close range shotgun or medium range mp7, thus changing the way that you play the game without just adding another pretty model ingame

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard