_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD

*TS*tphai wrote:

GR34 wrote:

we canaidians are still alive in 2142 we survived like we always have we now live in bigger igloos nothing spical but we still have 21st centuary equpiment E.G. C7 C9 C4 emplosives, and we have propeller plaes. but we are still alive we waight till the pac and eu kill one another then we kill who ever wins there fight!! and we get ther earth
like naplean and hitlar they tired to invade russia but the weather and elements made them lose.. so if the PAC invaded canada they would lose
Russia is geographically higher up on the globe than Canada so they're used to it.
Stags
+26|6627
No, No.  You all have it wrong.  They won't win because the Canadians are just too nice.  You'll invade and they'll give you maple syrup.  :p  And who can hate those people with maple syrup.  :drool:

Anyways, I still believe people need to show the land masses better, because the sea level would be lower.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD

Stags wrote:

No, No.  You all have it wrong.  They won't win because the Canadians are just too nice.  You'll invade and they'll give you maple syrup.  :p  And who can hate those people with maple syrup.  :drool:

Anyways, I still believe people need to show the land masses better, because the sea level would be lower.
Syrup makes everything better.  I used to drink it right out of the bottle, like beerup.
Plum_11
Crazy Plum
+7|6368|The Ameri Suite: Lake Forest

Stags wrote:

Got a question, shouldn't the oceans be frozen too?  Also, if that happened the sea level would be lower thus there would be land where none was before.

Also, the situation in 2142 is a lot like the snowball earth affect that happened early in earth's history (although, after the moon's formation).
Well since the ocean is a giant mass of water in constant motion from the moons gravitational pull it would not be frozen and if it was frozen we would all be really really fucked because what does water do when frozen.....Expand and the expanding water would all engulf us in an entire ice world just look at Pluto

so there you go numb nuts
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6676|Antarctica
This is not official....
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6746
A battle in Florida would rule.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6606|South Jersey
You know, Florida isn't the only unfrozen state in th US.  You could also fight for Georgia...eh well at least the southern half

"No, it's my peach tree!"....

Last edited by -Gunsmoke- (2006-12-02 19:59:12)

Dex Luther
+32|6409|Canukastan

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

Wouldn't the bigger problem that food be the drinkable water supply?
Just a question?
The world is covered in ice. I think there's enough water.

DrMod wrote:

how is Hawii frozen
LMAO... you don't have a single clue do you?

An ice age is a period of long-term downturn in the temperature of Earth's climate...
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

In layman's terms, the whole world is cold.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-12-02 20:53:20)

jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore
vietnam, cambodia and burma looks thawed
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6402|Washington State, USA
austrailia is gone...poor kangaroos...
RoofusMcDoofus
+15|6546

Ender2309 wrote:

this whole war is baseless, as

A) canada hasn't changed at all

B) they'd just use hydroponics and shit to grow food.
Well, yeah, no joke.  We have giant floating machines that transport people, have fusion reactors and launch glowing orbs of death, but we can't grow food hydroponically and keep everyone warm with the fusion power?

Plus, one of them smart Titan builders aught to have thought of the idea of putting an arseload of missiles and missle launchers on the titan itself!  I mean, sure, it would ruin the premise of the game, but everyone could stay nice and cozy inside of the titan while the enemy frantically captures missile silos only to get wasted anyway.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Map = geographical failure. That would not happen. Period.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6629|Australia
Australia would not freeze dammit.

and if we didnt freeze - there should have been an Australian theatre. i mean damn. we have tonnes of natural resources, and in the world economic market we are known as the world's farm.

judging from our farming and mining resources, it would seem we would be of HIGH strategic importance in the scnario presented in BF2142.

expansion pack ftw.
xm20k
+11|6332
Hmm... the earth rotates so there for there would be a band around the equator that may not be frozen but still cold. BTW salt water doesnt freeze unless the water is seperated from the salt and since it's cold thus no evaporation no seperation of water from salt equals no lower ocean level.

Just my opinion.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6691|California

Penguins are freezing, support Global Warming.
Dex Luther
+32|6409|Canukastan

xm20k wrote:

Hmm... the earth rotates so there for there would be a band around the equator that may not be frozen but still cold. BTW salt water doesnt freeze unless the water is seperated from the salt and since it's cold thus no evaporation no seperation of water from salt equals no lower ocean level.

Just my opinion.
Actually, salt water DOES freeze, but at a lower temperature than fresh water. The exact temperature at which salt water will freeze depends on how much salt there is. The saltier the water, the lower the temperature needed to freeze it.

Example: Water with as much salt as can be dissolved (you can't dissolve any more no matter how hard you try) into it will freeze at a temperature of -22ºC(-7.6ºF).

[/science lesson]

EDIT: for typo

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-12-03 00:14:10)

Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6408|Brisbane, Australia
WTF Australia frozen over LMAO    its so hot here its not funny, australia is the dryest country in the world so how would it freeze with no water?
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6720|Mark it zero.

Machine_Madness wrote:

WTF Australia frozen over LMAO    its so hot here its not funny, australia is the dryest country in the world so how would it freeze with no water?
EA/DICE chose which part of the world was frozen, so of course it wont be accurate. what were all you people expecting?
xm20k
+11|6332

Dex Luther wrote:

xm20k wrote:

Just my opinion.
Actually, salt water DOES freeze, but at a lower temperature than fresh water. The exact temperature at which salt water will freeze depends on how much salt there is. The saltier the water, the lower the temperature needed to freeze it.

Example: Water with as much salt as can be dissolved (you can't dissolve any more no matter how hard you try) into it will freeze at a temperature of -22ºC(-7.6ºF).

[/science lesson]

Mabey true of small bodies of water or with little to no movement but the ocean currents keep it from freezing. The surface could freeze over but the water below would remain unfrozen. It is a lot colder at the ocean floor at the polar caps than -7.6 degrees F. IIRC.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616

_j5689_ wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

Damn the USA got pwned
By ice, lol.

WilhelmSissener wrote:

Now, how official is it?
I have no idea, it'd be pretty cool to fight in Disney World though, lmao.
got pawned by a lot of ice lol,
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Machine_Madness wrote:

Because of nuclear winter.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dex Luther
+32|6409|Canukastan

xm20k wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

xm20k wrote:

Just my opinion.

[/science lesson]

Mabey true of small bodies of water or with little to no movement but the ocean currents keep it from freezing. The surface could freeze over but the water below would remain unfrozen. It is a lot colder at the ocean floor at the polar caps than -7.6 degrees F. IIRC.
I'm sure during an ice age the temperatures drop WAY below -22ºC. Heck, during NORMAL Canadian winters the temperature often drops to double that (-40ºC).

I'd estimate that if the planet was going through an ice age the temperatures would be closer to -100ºC if not lower. Otherwise, as other have said, people would just buy some snow tires, a snow blower, and get on with life.

For an event like this to cause a war, it has to be more devastating than anything we could adapt easily too. For some cold weather and ice to be that devastating I think we're looking at temperatures that would make all those people who use the "It'll be a cold day in Hell before..." expression sweat.

I profess, it's possible that not all the water in the oceans would freeze, but I think we're still talking about ice hundreds of kilometers thick.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Dex Luther wrote:

xm20k wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

[/science lesson]

I'm sure during an ice age the temperatures drop WAY below -22ºC. Heck, during NORMAL Canadian winters the temperature often drops to double that (-40ºC).

I'd estimate that if the planet was going through an ice age the temperatures would be closer to -100ºC if not lower. Otherwise, as other have said, people would just buy some snow tires, a snow blower, and get on with life.

For an event like this to cause a war, it has to be more devastating than anything we could adapt easily too. For some cold weather and ice to be that devastating I think we're looking at temperatures that would make all those people who use the "It'll be a cold day in Hell before..." expression sweat.

I profess, it's possible that not all the water in the oceans would freeze, but I think we're still talking about ice hundreds of kilometers thick.
I don't think Oceans are even hundreds of kilometers deep.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6777|The planet Tophet
Wtf Mate?
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6365|Belgium

Dex Luther wrote:

xm20k wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

[/science lesson]

Well During an Iceage the temperatures are not so much colder then they are now. The difference between winter and summer becomes closer. We are running up to an Iceage again. The Icemasses on the northpole are melting, swifting the path of hot currents of water. The watertemeperature by Europe will change causing a change in the climate. A new Iceage is born.
Mankind has survivad Iceages

Last edited by Doperwt. (2006-12-03 15:00:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard