killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6596|Reisterstown, MD

I think that if you are dumb enough to keep running into claymores deserves to die.  Pick another route to your destination instead of being a lemming and running the same way everytime just to die.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6814|Marathon, Florida Keys
Holy Shit! What A Kickass Server

Ip Please
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
[RFW]Xenomorph
+9|6387|Sweden

Towelly wrote:

dont_be_ss wrote:

I don't use clays

You should be able to defend yourself as a sniper without claymores. That's why you have the pistol ffs.
My respect level for you has risen by a whole 1%
i don't care if you use the clay to actually defend yourself, what i find so friggin annoying is either when you've ran for miles just to be killed by a claymore placed neatly right next to the flag, or the classic, being attacked by a sniper that's bouncing all over the place while miraculously placing one of the little buggars right in front of you

lol, got too much pride to actually move when the latter happens, i either run when an enemy comes in the blast-zone, suicide or just sit there =/
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6647|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Holy Shit! What A Kickass Server

Ip Please
Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna
+42|6636|Norway
why do you complain about claymores? you have your shock paddles, dont you? you never ever hear a sniper complaining about it. neither do the high skilled players. so stfu lowbirds.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658

Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna wrote:

why do you complain about claymores? you have your shock paddles, dont you? you never ever hear a sniper complaining about it. neither do the high skilled players. so stfu lowbirds.
opinion of a very high skilled player here: You suck, claymores suck, and the patches that made them what they are today suck.

Happy now?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
I{endo
+20|6422|berlin
wasn't there like 5 clays for a sniper before 1.3? i don't really know, but that's what i've heard.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658

I{endo wrote:

wasn't there like 5 clays for a sniper before 1.3? i don't really know, but that's what i've heard.
I believe it was up to 8 claymores at a time during 1.2, snipers could carry two clays at a time and have 8 deployed at once.
killer21

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I believe it was up to 8 claymores at a time during 1.2, snipers could carry two clays at a time and have 8 deployed at once.
You still can do that now.  You just have to have other sniper kits around you lol. 
turkeybacon
+50|6451|Dragon Valley

fierce wrote:

We had this rule on our ranked IO server too. ^^
Thats pathetic. And I dont even play sniper.
I{endo
+20|6422|berlin

killer21 wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You still can do that now.  You just have to have other sniper kits around you lol. 
but not at once... which is alright me thinks
killer21

I{endo wrote:

but not at once... which is alright me thinks
I've actually laid 6 claymores at one time without any disappearing.  4 got hit by E's and 1 disappeared because the kit disappeared. 
VicktorVauhn
+319|6397|Southern California

killer21 wrote:

I think that if you are dumb enough to keep running into claymores deserves to die.  Pick another route to your destination instead of being a lemming and running the same way everytime just to die.
I get killed by one claymore maybe every few rounds....
How about not just blindly running around and checking corners sometimes? Claymores are those big square things on the ground, and when you seem them you walk the OTHER direction...

I dont see how so many people cry about claymores...Not the snipers fault you weren't paying attention and are using the most obvious path to a flag.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6632|Warlord

Chikyuu Shoujo Arujuna wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

opinion of a very high skilled player here: You suck, claymores suck, and the patches that made them what they are today suck.

Happy now?
And there you have it: opinions vary.

A no-sniper rule is just a clear indication of people who can't, or won't, adapt. The overuse of claymores is pretty bad at times (lots of snipers hate it too) but as has been stated many times before by numerous members if you use squads properly they're pretty easy to counter so they promote team play. And come on, in reality which is worse, two clays or an infinite number of grenades? And it's not like we see 'no support' rules FFS.

One of the simplest solutions to claywhoring is if IFF is set to off; any regular players on the server will use them for old-style defensive purposes (top of ladder) or just won't use them at all. Combined with say four or five TK punishes = kick, or a modest negative score = kick, and the problem will soon sort itself out.

Simple solution with no ROE violation to risk your server's ranked sta... yeah right. I almost managed to type that with a straight face.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

https://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6045/33jpnnlvy0.jpg
turkeybacon
+50|6451|Dragon Valley
ff with mines = win
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6658
claymores = LOLCAKES 5 LMB WAIT 15 SECONDS.
teamwork = getting a squad of skilled payers together willing to do their job.

claymores = anyone can do it.
teamwork = takes a lot of effort.

nade spam = easily countered, easily avoidable
claymore spam = impossible to counter, impossible to directly avoid.

I lost it quite a few times when I played warlord due to claymore spammers. I even stalked one guy day in day out untill he had to make a new account losing his rank. Simply because all he did, constantly, always on the same server where I played, was spam claymores in the palace. I hate claymore spammers. There is zero skill, zero trade off, and they're rediculously overpowered.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6725|California

SargeV1.4 wrote:

claymores = LOLCAKES 5 LMB WAIT 15 SECONDS.
teamwork = getting a squad of skilled payers together willing to do their job.

I lost it quite a few times when I played warlord due to claymore spammers. I even stalked one guy day in day out untill he had to make a new account losing his rank. Simply because all he did, constantly, always on the same server where I played, was spam claymores in the palace. I hate claymore spammers. There is zero skill, zero trade off, and they're rediculously overpowered.
If the US Ordinance department would have their way, the claymores would kill within 20 meters.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6677
No vehicles was a good idea.

A great add on to the inf only server(s) would be no explosives (claymores and most importantly NO HAND GRENADES!!!!)

Those karkand rounds just turn into explosives whoring.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6632|Warlord

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Roger that. Clays all over the place is a good incentive to play cooperatively... shame there aren't more people playing with some brains.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Not entirely, but obviously the situations aren't exactly the same.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

That's overstating it. Clays can be countered in two ways and while neither is easily doable in typical clayspamming territory they are counterable; it's three if you include the kamikaze point man with medic backup.

But this shouldn't really concern someone that doesn't play on pubs, should it?
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6474

Claymore spam is easily counterable, you just send the people who you don't want to live in first and go in second, revive them if you want.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6632|Warlord
P.S. I forgot, I think claymores should go back to being destructible with grenades/C4. With or without IFF being off that would go a long way to sorting out the problem of their overuse.
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6373|Cali

penguin.killer wrote:

snipers sux.
you suck.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6474

التعريفات wrote:

penguin.killer wrote:

snipers sux.