Lost-Soul
+26|6508

fierce wrote:

There's a new Version of 2142 coming, as you can see under the following links:

http://www.game-monitor.com/GameServer/ … ytest.html

It has two new maps: Garmisch-Partenkirchen & Karlbo

And some new server variables:

bf2142_allow_spectators - A long requested Spectatormode where you can see with the eyes of the player?
bf2142_ranked_tournament
bf2142_custom_map_url
gamemode: gpm_sl - Supply Lines - Selfexplainatory

Discuss!
What a job they have!!!!!!!!! 
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

So there are 2 german maps and a swedish one now.. Nice
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
dalexa
+4|6604|portugal

Flecco wrote:

Because they said there would be no content changes or additions in future patches.
since that announcement they changed the spread of the AR if i'm not mistaken... so... they can't be trusted in that...
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6567

dalexa wrote:

they can't be trusted in that...
I wouldn't trust DICE/EA at all! :>
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
Two new maps? Awesome!

Pity both appear to be European, which means they'll be covered in snow. I want a map with green grass, damnit.
MrEzeuss
+26|6389|Nethterlands (ZH)
I'm looking forward to this supply line mode. I have seen something like that in Tribes two i believe. You had to capture points that would get a shield barrier if you captured a linked point, making it harder/impossible to capture.
This would make the combat more centralized on one point with the chance of better teamwork, instead of a dozen people running around a map capturing the odd point.
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6541|Sammamish, WA

Sub-Zero79 wrote:

Cool. They are very fast hm?! Looks like they are testing the maps at the moment. I hope that those maps come along with a patch or something like that. I really don't want to spend again 10 Bugs for 2 or 3 new Maps.
Are you kidding? Why would they pass up an opportunity to make some more money. I smell an early "booster" pack, and good thing too. I'm sick of playing the same four or so titan maps.
Revelstoke
The Medic Whore
+9|6701|Ontario
ugh i want to beta test damnit
KiLLMasTer
+3|6780|West Va (USA)

alien-DSW-Gen wrote:

Supply lines in GRAW acted where if you controlled silo 1 for example, and silo 2 and 3, you'd have a supply line from 1, to 2, to 3. but if you lost silo 2, your supply line to 3 is broken because they have that silo, effectively not being able to get more ammo.

i would asume the supply drops would work the same way, where if there is no supply line you cant get a supply drop. Or, they are making it like GRAW where if you are in a supply line route, your ammo is automatically refilled every so often... which would effectively make ammo giving points harder to get, but would effectively help people sit there and camp locations with 74rockets, APMs, motion mines, nades, etc since they are constantly refilled with ammo. You can spam more effectively, and the game will help you do it. I see this as a bad idea in either scenario i've mentioned.
That sounds cool.
XX-ifrit-XX
+3|6366|Somerset, England
I thought DICE said that they weren't going to release stuff like new maps etc until they had fixed all the bugs? I would rather they fixed all the wall bugs first before making more problems for themselves and us.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6705|Antarctica
Either this is a booster pack or DICE is making a lot of money off the ads.
Zukabazuka
+23|6684
We who live in sweden still hasn't gotten our ads yet, anyone else has them? Lets hope its not a boosterpack
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zukabazuka wrote:

We who live in sweden still hasn't gotten our ads yet, anyone else has them? Lets hope its not a boosterpack
I haven't gotten any...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Magius5.0
+106|6380|UMass Amherst
Going back in history, recall that they released a few new maps for BF2 (Wake island, and Road to Jilalabad), but 2142 started with only 10 maps to start; it could be they're compensating for that finally.  Let's just hope it's something really cool...like a massive city with titans overhead, that'd be awesome.
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6607|N.S.W, Australia

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I might buy it if it's an expansion. Probably not if it's a booster. Hopefully it will just be a patch.

They can add new game modes with a patch easily. A booster/mod is pretty much just a large patch.
wait...so your saying if they slap the words "expansion" on it. you will buy it. but if they offer the exact same package with the term "booster" you will not?
that sounda rather retarded to me.
[J5]Dirrty.Magic
+35|6682

fierce wrote:

Garmisch-Partenkirchen
That name is entirely too long, especially when people have a problem pronouncing Jalalabad or Kark"l"and.
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6662|under there hayousaidunderwear

Pfc. Leemus wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

I might buy it if it's an expansion. Probably not if it's a booster. Hopefully it will just be a patch.

They can add new game modes with a patch easily. A booster/mod is pretty much just a large patch.
wait...so your saying if they slap the words "expansion" on it. you will buy it. but if they offer the exact same package with the term "booster" you will not?
that sounda rather retarded to me.
No expansion is big and usually adds new weapons/armies/maps while boosters suck and add like 3 maps
MrEzeuss
+26|6389|Nethterlands (ZH)

Magius5.0 wrote:

Going back in history, recall that they released a few new maps for BF2 (Wake island, and Road to Jilalabad), but 2142 started with only 10 maps to start; it could be they're compensating for that finally.  Let's just hope it's something really cool...like a massive city with titans overhead, that'd be awesome.
Yeah so much Titans, that it even lags up the groundbattle.
I made the mistake of playing on a server with 48 players (hoped to get some healing points on a conquest map). But they where serving mixed maps, so next map, 48 players on a Titan. Man that was horrible, after the core was blown up (wich went surprisingly fast and without much lag), i tried to get from the cargobay to the end of the platform and get a shot at the survivor pin.
I never even made it past the entrance to corridor 1.

But i know what you mean, and hopefully, they can do something 'extra' with the Titan. Maybe something like the assault on the aircraftcarrier from BF2.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6732|Oslo, Norway
DwarfP0rn is a noob!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD
Titan mode was quite intuitively designed.  I can't imagine how complex and hard it must be to design another game mode.
E|W4v0r
+8|6663|New York
Another possible new map, Barriebo
And yet another, Haribo... seems like a lot of maps for a patch...

Last edited by E|W4v0r (2006-12-07 12:14:11)

Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6760|Internet!
Three maps, same as a booster...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard