Mitch
16 more years
+877|6525|South Florida
Yeah.
Well i was wondering something, i don't believe in god, but i was wondering if someone who does could explain to me this:

How do religious people explain dinosaurs?
Wernt Adam and Eve like the first living things ever created? If not were they created after the dinosaurs, must have been right cause if the dinos went extict surely humans would? That would mean Dinosaurs disprove even more of the bible right??

Isn't there some conflict there?

EDIT: Yeah doesn't god create all the lambs and cows and giraffs, i dont recall modern day animals being around with dinosaurs, yet noah still arced them all

EDIT2: Christian religion is what im talking about

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2006-11-29 20:45:40)

15 more years! 15 more years!
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6368|Cali
You should specify which religion, definetly not all religions believe in that...
EDIT: Nevermind, now that I saw the word bible in there.

Last edited by التعريفات (2006-11-29 20:46:44)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Yeah.
Well i was wondering something, i don't believe in god, but i was wondering if someone who does could explain to me this:

Wernt Adam and Eve like the first living things ever created?
No, actually.  They were far along the line.  Sorry.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2006-11-29 20:53:20)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6525|South Florida
ok then
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

The general christian argument to the Dinosaurs was that God put the fossils and other evidence there to test man's faith. The strong of faith remain at God's side.
It basicly means if you have enough faith anything's possible.
B-b-b-b-BULLSHIT!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6520
Animals were made first, according to the bible.

Animals are Genesis 1:20

Man is Genesis 1:27.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6542|Winterpeg, Canada
There's also something in Genesis that talks about God destroying animals that he had first made, than creating Adam and Eve, depending on what translation you look at, and what set of foot notes you read. And btw, I'm not a professing christian, but do attend a Mennnonite school.
maffiaw
ph33r me 傻逼
+40|6421|Melbourne, AUS
Don't some zealous christians believe that the fossils of prehistoric animals/dinosaurs etc are """""a test of faith""""?
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6368|Cali

maffiaw wrote:

Don't some zealous christians believe that the fossils of prehistoric animals/dinosaurs etc are """""a test of faith""""?
Yep, I'm pretty sure...
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6525|South Florida

Ty wrote:

The general christian argument to the Dinosaurs was that God put the fossils and other evidence there to test man's faith. The strong of faith remain at God's side.
It basicly means if you have enough faith anything's possible.
B-b-b-b-BULLSHIT!
Word!

Thanks. I guess ANY scientific FACT disproving religion could be called "A test of faith"
Thats kinda... pathetic.
Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Dezerteagal5 (2006-11-29 21:02:18)

Superglueman
+21|6360|The Great South Land
In regarding the Christian religion which it seems you are referring too. There are actually two (or more) thoughts. One is that the six days in the bible are actually six periods and if you check Genesis you will see man was made last .

Second that man coexisted with dinosaurs isn't unlikely either - I think -but I don't know - that some people believe they were killed in the great flood - in the bible Noah, his family and other animals came on the ark.

Also did you know that most dinosaurs were the size of a Rhino or smaller. People live in countries all over the world where large animals coexist with humans. The animals, coexist anyway - the humans do terrible things.

Frankly what it says in the bible is plainly there, God created it and he created it for the purpose of man to live in and that man was important to God.-  it doesn't mention "dinosaurs" though there are reference to many animals which none can be assured of which animal or dinosaur they may be referring to. The Genesis story  is directly opposite to many other religious creation ideas where gods used the earth and man as play things that were unimportant to them.

I love that you say dinosaurs disprove even more of the bible. As far as I'm aware no part of the bible has ever been disproven. Argued over and interpreted different ways - yes. Remember that the old testament, the Torah of the Jewish religion is an ancient document. No-one would suggest you read an ancient document of any kind now and put our current concepts on it. That doesn't disprove either it just highlights you take things as they're said.

I just happen to have time to glance through the bible between nade spamming and G3'ing

Last edited by Superglueman (2006-11-29 21:04:00)

Fireteam_Delta
+20|6434
#1:  Dinosaurs were created (animals couldn't have been created, animals evovled from dinosaurs if you believe in evolution)

#2:  Dinosaurs went extinct

#3:  Animals are created

#4:  People are created
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

Fireteam_Delta wrote:

#1:  Dinosaurs were created (animals couldn't have been created, animals evovled from dinosaurs if you believe in evolution)
No, animals didn't come from Dinosaurs. they were separate line of evolution, like insects are separate from humans, and mice are separate from birds.
dubbs
+105|6632|Lexington, KY

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Yeah.

Wernt Adam and Eve like the first living things ever created? If not were they created after the dinosaurs, must have been right cause if the dinos went extict surely humans would? That would mean Dinosaurs disprove even more of the bible right??

Isn't there some conflict there?

EDIT: Yeah doesn't god create all the lambs and cows and giraffs, i dont recall modern day animals being around with dinosaurs, yet noah still arced them all

EDIT2: Christian religion is what im talking about
There are a few explaintions for dinosaurs that Christians take  One is that they did not exist, and they are made up.  There are only a very few Christians who believe this, mostly very conservative people.  The same ones who believe the Bible tell women that they can not wear things like pants, and make-up.

There is the other theory that dinosaurs and people lived together.  They take that some of the animals spoken about in the Bible are dinosaurs.  Here is a site that explains that theory. 

answersingensis.com wrote:

Have Dinosaurs Lived in Recent Times?

If the different kinds of dinosaurs survived the Flood, then they must have come off the Ark and lived in the post-Flood world.

In the Bible, in Job 40:15-24, God describes to Job (who lived after the Flood) a great beast with which Job was familiar. This great animal, called ‘behemoth,’ is described as ‘the chief of the ways of God,’ perhaps the biggest land animal God had created. Impressively, he moved his tail like a cedar tree! Although some Bible commentaries say this may have been an elephant or hippopotamus, the description actually fits that of a dinosaur like Brachiosaurus. Elephants and hippos certainly do not have tails like cedar trees!

Actually, very few animals are singled out in the Bible for such a detailed description. Contrary to what many may think, what we know now as dinosaurs get more mention in the Scriptures than most animals! So dinosaurs—all the different kinds—must have lived alongside of people after the Flood.
Another theory is that there were animals on the Earth before the story in Gensis, thus being dinosaurs.  This also comes from Gensis, where God tells Adam and Eve to replinish the Earth.

The last theory comes from a very non-conservative stand point, sort of.  Most traditional Christians believe that the world was created in 6 days, and God rested on the 7th.  Thus, we have 7 days in a week.  They believe that this was actual 24 hour periods.  Some Christians believe that the measurement of a day could have been a lot longer.  This comes from a different passage in the Bible that says a 1000 years is like a day to God.  It basically is saying that God is greater the time itself, and exist outside of time.  Thus, a day could have been 1000 years, or any given amount of time.  With that being explained, this group of people believe that dinosaurs could have lived, and died during the creation story.

There is yet another group of Christians, who believe that dinosaurs existed, but choose not to place them in a timeline.  I think that this is what most Christians do.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6578|Florida
Once upon a time, while I was on Spring Break in Daytona, Florida my friends and I were driving down the street one morning the day after a late night of having some fun.  We were deciding what to get for breakfast, because we were all hungry, but didnt want to spend alot of money, and we had eaten Burger King already for a couple days.  About 2 blocks away from our hotel, at this other hotel, we see a bunch of late teens/early 20s people standing out front waving this big banner that said "FREE PANCAKES" - No contest there, free breakfast so we went.

Turns out its sponsored by some church there - we found this out after parking and going out to the beach front area where they had the stuff set up. After we get our food, and sit down to eat and start talking about what were gonna do that day, this guy comes over.......while we are eating....to talk to us about God and if we believe in Him and what we think etc etc.  It was kind of rude for him to come and talk to us while we were eating, but then again, how else would they get to talk to people?

Either way, I believe in God, so I asked the guy, scientists and people all over the world find dinosaur bones, how come in the bible it never mentions anything at all about dinosaurs?

His response was that the bible states God created many creatures, but doesnt elaborate on to what they are.  So in that, the dinosaurs are part of the "many" creatures.

I was looking for a more definate answer, but I just figured I would share what I was given.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6550|Reading, Basingrad
1 - World was created

2 - Dinosaurs & other prehistoric creatures appeared

3 - animals evolved from the "other" creatures

4 - Man evolved from the animals

5 - God/s created shortly after
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Well if Dino's are that old how do you explain this:

https://universe-review.ca/I10-57-JurassicPark.jpg

We all know Jesus used donkeys not 4x4's

Last edited by 1927 (2006-11-30 02:25:29)

Godhatch
+5|6609
you don't hear of miracles happening anymore............shame
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6750

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Thanks. I guess ANY scientific FACT disproving religion could be called "A test of faith"
That is sort of like when people question the actors from TV shows such as Xena, Buffy, Angel, etc... When questioned about a mistake in the show, they just reply "A wizard did it" Gets them out of ALL sorts of situations!
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

Then who created god?
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

The religion in question was created a couple thousand years ago. They had no clue about prehistoric times and the existence of dinosaurs, thus, they didn't think to incorporate it into the creation of their religion... The scope of their history was rather limited since most of the animals and humans resemble modern day animals and humans. Their "time before time" probably only meant a few hundred to a few thousand years. Small flaw huh...

If people decided to create these religions now a day, you would probably see stuff about dinosaurs, and all of that stuff physics people have discovered. You know, to cover all their bases.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6619|Manitowoc, WI
Well, the Bible isn't meant to be taken as absolute fact, especially the Old Testament (in the Christian religion).  It's more guidlines as to how to live your life, and a lot of it is taken from the New Testament.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6619|Manitowoc, WI

theDude5B wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

That is sort of like when people question the actors from TV shows such as Xena, Buffy, Angel, etc... When questioned about a mistake in the show, they just reply "A wizard did it" Gets them out of ALL sorts of situations!
That was on the Simpson's, I highly doubt they actually do that.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6709|Charlie One Alpha

dubbs wrote:

Some Christians believe that the measurement of a day could have been a lot longer.  This comes from a different passage in the Bible that says a 1000 years is like a day to God.  It basically is saying that God is greater the time itself, and exist outside of time.  Thus, a day could have been 1000 years, or any given amount of time.  With that being explained, this group of people believe that dinosaurs could have lived, and died during the creation story.
If I were Christian I would go with this one.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
e[V]o|ut|on
+2|6395
ok heres goes ur explanantion...1st of all, i'm a catholic...and to be serious in the 1st place, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE DINOSAUR WORLD AT ALL....cause there was no mention of such an existance in the bible at all...and i believe that most of those who believes in this dinosaur world are actually non-christians...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard