Do you think its a good idea to stop using the n-word in entertainment

Yes39%39% - 43
no60%60% - 67
Total: 110
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6416|North Carolina

weamo8 wrote:

I havent been in these forums for very long, but I have always been surprised by the amount of profanity around here.  Even in this thread there is "fuck" and "cracker," but I am the only to actually type the almightly "n" word.  Granted I have never been much for political correctness, but I have never understood why this word is so scary.  Why is it the most untouchable word in the English language?!? Please someone explain.
I think it's bullshit as well.  Nigger is just a word, after all.  There is a complicated history behind it as well though.  I'm sure there's bound to be some words in other cultures that are heavily frowned upon.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6642|USA
Well maybe i should restate.  Banning a word is censorship and I dont like censorship, but does it have to be used sooo much? 

And for a word that does nto mean anything, it sure does get a lot of people riled up!
BAT.CHRIDRAM
Ding Dang Doo
+11|6399|Calgary
You shouldnt get rid of the N because then it would just be "etertaimet" and that just wouldnt make any sense.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6641|Washington, DC

If nigger is to be banned, then nobody should use it. Just because you're black doesn't make it "ok" to use. If you want people to not use the word, then cut the double-standard bullshit and follow your own gospel. Otherwise I'll start calling other hispanics "mah spic" and other canadians "mah silly canuckzz".
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6581|United States
Has anyone actually listened to the entire audio from that show? The group of guys were being extremely loud and obnoxious were a long while before Kramer snapped. Now, I will say that what he said went way over the top and on some level was uncalled for, but he certainly doesn't need to apologize for it. And he certainly does not need to fork over the $5 million dollars that the two guys are trying to sue him over. I mean on what level of bullshit does this even rate? YOU PAY to go to a comedy club where any idiot knows that comedy shows like that are raunchy and a level of comedic/audience heckling is involved. Again, Kramer did cross a line, but I don't blame him. Due to the arguements that the two guys have against Kramer, they could just as easily be sued themselves for the very same reason. Why is the race card always played? If this had been the VERY same situation but with Dave Chappelle (Or any other black comedian) and two white guys then nobody ever would have heard about it. I think the word "Cracker" and "Whitey" are just as insulting as the word "Nigger."

So why does our country have such a double-standard about these kind of things? It's absolutely sickening. I mean hell, where do we draw the line? Mel Gibson got destroyed for saying a racial comment about Jew's, but Sacha Beron Cohen (Borat) can make an extremely racist movies towards Jew's (Despite it being meant for comedy), but nobody bats an eye... why? Because Sacha Beron Cohen IS Jewish, so it's ok. Wow, huh? How come an African American radio station can use certain words and talk about certain things... things that the FCC would hit with an instant fine if it was any other kind of radio station. Why is a Spanish speaking American radio station allowed to use any kinds of swear words as long as it's done in Spanish, but the only other radio stations allowed to do that are all on satellite stations?

There are ENOUGH laws in this country and too many of our freedoms have already been taken away from us as it is. We don't need more government, we just need to be left alone. I can't even believe there is an actual discussion (political, not forum) about banning the word "Nigger" from entertainment. They're just words people! Nothing more, nothing less. How could ANYONE in their right mind let a word offend them? Sticks and stones, right?? I mean fuck, just another example, our goverment just removed the word "hunger." Apparently it's no longer politically correct to use that word. Nobody is "hungry" anymore, they are "food deprived." Give me a fucking break. Our tax dollars go to people to sit around and come up with bullshit like this? Get the maple syrup and flannel shirts ready, Canada here I come.
IRONCHEF
+385|6502|Northern California
I'd like Kramer to call the NAACP a bunch of nigger racists and say the same to other black groups demanding he apologize.  His career is ruined, some people believe he is racist.  Some believe he just used racist words and is not a racist (I believe this).  I believed he just went OFF (not snapped) on those chumps who were heckling him and they deserve NO apology.  I don't understand why anyone would "deserve" an apology from Kramer....let alone feel that his apology wasn't good enough.  If they don't want to pay him for his stand up comedy, then don't.  There's much worse going on in the world that needs attention..the cop shooting in Queens for example should have much more attention than this kramer shit.

And lets not forget who the facilitaters are of this completely overinflated BS..MSM.  The debates on TV are laughable.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6713|New York

Phantom2828 wrote:

Freedom of speech.
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
You hear fucktards like Dave chapel say it every second.
So I guess you mean Ban all WHITE people from saying it huh. That sounds kinda racist.
Exactly!!! I for one amd getting sick of being called Whitey, Cracker, White Devil, And all that other reverse racist shit spewed every single day by non whites. Racisim runs both ways. I for one dont owe anyone shit for what some white people chose to do back in the frigging 1800's to people of color. You cant punish the generation of today for things that were done 3 generations ago thats just fucked up and uncomprehendable.

BTW 3 generations is based on life expectancy.

PS sorry to the 2 posters above me, i didnt see your posts. I Agree with them 100%

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-11-28 17:29:11)

Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6494|P-way, NJ
If your a nigger your a nigger, what is there to bitch about, yeah white people cant say it but they say it all day..they say cracker you dont see us going straight to the news saying that it was a racial comment.Just when the black guy that got shot at like over 50 times,the black people just state it was becasue he's black.God they piss me off..and hell no dont say sorry for calling them niggers as if you watch like BET comedy they say cracker and shit all the time, you dont not see the white people going to the news or making a damn big deal.

Last edited by Sgt.Kyle (2006-11-28 17:41:46)

TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6379|Netherlands

If we can't say nigger anymore then they shouldn't be allowed to say cracker(s)... Works both ways I say...

In addition to that, what about the Nigerians? What bright mind ever came to the conclusion that nigger is an offensive term? They use it them selfs FFS!!

No, bad plan! This racism card pulling has got to stop, people need to whine about everything these days...
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6559|USA bitches!
I feel that blacks need to stop using it in the way they do. It is basically the biggest no-no word in existence, yet they use it like it has no meaning. What do you think slaves and blacks that fought for freedom would think to see their people using that dispicable word the way they do?

Maybe it means the word has come a long way in the black culture, that they can say it and it doesn't mean anything anymore.

If blacks can say it, anyone can. Just because there's a word that was used to demoralize an entire population, doesn't mean a white person can't say it (and get killed soon after).
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6557
Just say no to censorship.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Erkut.hv
+124|6746|California
BOW DOWN TO THE MIGHTIEST WORD ON THE PLANET. SO POWERFUL IN FACT, THAT YOU HAVE TO ABBREVIATE IT FOR FEAR OF OFFENDING SOMEONE.

THE "N" WORD.

Ooooh, what about the "C" word? Or the "S" word? Perhaps any word that is abbreviated to one letter should be outlawed.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH, JUST WATCH WHAT YOU SAY.

Last edited by Erkut.hv (2006-11-29 08:05:37)

avman633
+116|6375
well its freedom of speech(if in america). if it is going to hurt sombodies feelings dont listen to the song
jonsimon
+224|6506
Null vote. I don't care.
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6393|FLOOR E DUH
i love saying the n word. it just has that taste to it
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6662|USA
Yeah, lets ALL stop saying it, including blacks.......anything less would be......................................racist!!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6566
Let's stop saying the word 'potato' - it's offensive to Irish people.

If some racist shitbag wants to use the word 'nigger' then let them, not letting them won't change the fact that they're a racist shitbag.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6658
nigga nigga nigga
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6560|Southeastern USA
yeah it's kind of a ridiculous effort, if you write a movi about racists are you going to just use "jungle bunny" instead? if you don't like hearing the word nigger don't associate with people that use it and don't buy CD's with it every 3rd word. ugly? of course it is, but there is no inherent right not to be offended.

btw, anyone ever seen the long version of Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker"?
beerface702
+65|6704|las vegas
no i dont think any word no matter what it is should be removed from"entertainment" that's why its called what it is! FFS

yet i do feel that a white man, a black man, a asian, irish, a flip, a aussie, etc etc should be able to say such hings on stage or ina  film, a song , a poem, in public, if one so desire's...i wouldnt, it's just a ignorant word honestly, but what really upset's me is how african americans are the kiings of comedy for insulting white, asian or other races, when at the same time they get offended if you say nigger, and they call themselve's nigger all the time

what the fuck.

ohwell what can you do, it will all pan out in the next few hundred years im sure, i just sure hope my childrens kids are not dealing with this nonsense..

lets move on people for christ sakes

Last edited by beerface702 (2006-12-04 23:27:47)

|=-sL-=|.Cujucuyo.
+26|6394|California
I don't know, but the only way I don't like people using it is when they try to mock you (I'm not black) or speak to you in a game (i.e.: Quiet nigga!) and they mispell it on purpose, I think those people are acting like 12yo jackasses who think they're 'cool' for using the word , I hate wiggers too, they have some serious issues.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6777|UK
We best ban whitey too and anyother remotely offensive word.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6559|USA bitches!
I'd love to hear a black person's view on this...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard