Poll

Did they deserve it?

Hell Yeah58%58% - 20
Not at all41%41% - 14
Total: 34
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6804|England
So im commanding on mass destruction and there are 2 snipers camping our uncapable spawn up on the crane (spetz spawn), a guy in our tank just sitting on the hills at the back and 2 spec ops who had already taken out our assets but were still hanging around to spawn kill us.

So eventually I get fed up with the fact that I cant stand still long enough to look in the command screen without getting sniped and I cant leave the base as the tank will get me, So I changed to their team, went back into the base and team killed all 5 of them.

You think they deserved what they got?
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6775|Campbeltown, Scotland
I do coz I get hoora pissed of with basecampers.  Nice one.

Last edited by Anubis5289 (2005-12-24 09:03:31)

bf2krewjustin
+0|6725
thats a -20 on your score right there...i would have been a spec ops...crawled up the crane (eventually you will get up) and placed c4 by the snipers...blow them up...parachute down onto the tank (if applicable) place 2 c4 on him boom...then use the G36C to take out the others...+10 on that
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6767|The 70's
camping uncappable spawns just isnt on, still cant understand why people do it. I hate it when players on my team rush to the enemy spawn (happens a lot on Leviathan) and always ask them to stop. Your solution was drastic, and tbh i wouldnt do it (i really coudnt decide how to vote so count this as an abstention), but i feel your frustration.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6785|Human Meat Shield
Spawn camping at an uncappable base with no other flags available is ridiculed by alot of players, but there is a solution that happened once: that nobody spawned and waited till the next game.  Or IF you had a good commander he would point them out or take them out  with arty BEFORE they got there. Where were the other players?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6771|The Netherlands
he was the commander and he said he died all the time from the snipers
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6853
Sounds like you exacerbated and perpetuated a problem.

If your team wouldnt take your cues and route them, Your team was bad.

Some maps do favor base rape.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6785|Human Meat Shield
Ah...he WAS commander...forgot to use the SCAN... I do that sometimes and find myself in the same situation... I see now..

Horseman 77 wrote:

Some maps do favor base rape.
Yeah the one's that have only ONE flag and you have to go into town to get one of thiers.
Slugger(S)
1337 Kn1fe Skills
+0|6740|Alabama
I have to say that you are a sore loser that you had to switch teams and tk them. Base raping is part of the game.

thats just my opinion.

Last edited by Slugger(S) (2005-12-24 15:51:46)

Dr_3V|L
+51|6741|Twente, The Netherlands
LOL Slugger, base raping isn't part of the game. All those base rapers should be banned from the server the minute they start to baserape uncappable flags.
However, I don't think it's a solution to change team and tk the fags. It makes your score drastically decrease.
7h3647h32in6
+0|6739
Now I'm going to whine about those people who switch teams and tk snipers after they'd spent 5 min trying to find a suitable spot to take kills, which is justified being that their team commander was too incompetant to provide support so his team could get a 2nd cap and have more than one place to spawn.

He can suck on the spawncamp, because I'm just defending the next base from attack. Not my fault he's a dumb**** who doesn't know how use the arty button, hide, or switch kits to take us out as well.
Slugger(S)
1337 Kn1fe Skills
+0|6740|Alabama
Why isnt it wrong? It is apart of this game. I mean on Karkand on the US all the tanks/apc has to do is sit in the alley ways. You know how to over come this? Easy spawn at a different point. I mean if I feel like taking a plane over to the carrier then hop into the blackhawk and spam the miniguns and rack up 70 points doing it. Then don't blame me, blame the people spawning on the carrier.
Dr_3V|L
"Now I'm going to whine about those people who switch teams and tk snipers after they'd spent 5 min trying to find a suitable spot to take kills, which is justified being that their team commander was too incompetant to provide support so his team could get a 2nd cap and have more than one place to spawn.

He can suck on the spawncamp, because I'm just defending the next base from attack. Not my fault he's a dumb**** who doesn't know how use the arty button, hide, or switch kits to take us out as well."

Now you're saying he's a bad commander. Maybe his team sucked, and he was playing well as a commander. An insult not proven.

Last edited by Dr_3V|L (2005-12-24 15:59:06)

Dr_3V|L

Slugger(S) wrote:

Why isnt it wrong? It is apart of this game. I mean on Karkand on the US all the tanks/apc has to do is sit in the alley ways. You know how to over come this? Easy spawn at a different point. I mean if I feel like taking a plane over to the carrier then hop into the blackhawk and spam the miniguns and rack up 70 points doing it. Then don't blame me, blame the people spawning on the carrier.
I've had a game of Karkand this night. I was on the MEC side. The USMC was doing so bad, they weren't able to cap any flags. The game was halfway on it's end, the finger triggers of my teammates were getting itchy.
They went to the Artillery Hill spawnpoints of USMC and started raping the hell out of the USMC.
Americans were complaining. All of a sudden, a miracle occurs. Our team decides to fall back and give the enemy a chance. Why?
Because of sportmanship. This isn't a clan war, this is a public server with people who play for fun. When you start baseraping, you're ruining the fun of many people. Besides that, making spawnkills won't give you much satisfaction. Ending the life of a USMC guy after a gunfight, does.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

Dr_3V|L wrote:

Slugger(S) wrote:

I've had a game of Karkand this night. I was on the MEC side. The USMC was doing so bad, they weren't able to cap any flags. The game was halfway on it's end, the finger triggers of my teammates were getting itchy.
They went to the Artillery Hill spawnpoints of USMC and started raping the hell out of the USMC.
Americans were complaining. All of a sudden, a miracle occurs. Our team decides to fall back and give the enemy a chance. Why?
Because of sportmanship. This isn't a clan war, this is a public server with people who play for fun. When you start baseraping, you're ruining the fun of many people. Besides that, making spawnkills won't give you much satisfaction. Ending the life of a USMC guy after a gunfight, does.
thats cool. on a server im on all the time, those of us with, "assets" (Havok, tank, APC), sit like 3 feet away as a dude caps their only base (US side on Sharqi). and then, hello killstreak
Dr_3V|L

stryyker wrote:

Dr_3V|L wrote:

Slugger(S) wrote:

thats cool. on a server im on all the time, those of us with, "assets" (Havok, tank, APC), sit like 3 feet away as a dude caps their only base (US side on Sharqi). and then, hello killstreak
Now that's why I mostly play 24/7 Karkand servers No planes, no heli's, no AA. Only two tanks and one apc to look out for (on 32 player map that is)
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6823
I don't like baseraping, but I did it more than once as well...not on purpose, but when you go for the assets with a squad full of special ops, support and medics, well, there's the option after you destroyed arty etc. Most of the time, the assets attacking squad gets whiped out anyway, so there's no trouble. Base camping on purpose just sucks. But after all, this game is also about competition. Some people think they need to push up their stats as fast as possible, so they start to do just plain stupid actions. Most of my awards I got randomly, not attempting anything. And I guess that's the way it's supposed to be. On the other hand, people are allowed to use any tactics the game provides, so don't scream like babies if someone pisses you off, use the possibilities which are there: Kill, kickvote, TK (ok, that might be the worst option...), or simply LEAVE the server/game. Same goes with obvious cheaters.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

just remember, baseraping is only gay if your the one getting raped
WildBlueYonder
+0|6754|New Brunswick Canada

Dr_3V|L wrote:

See I disagree with pulling back, it may be a public server "for fun" but it is also about winning, it is not like you marched up to the uncap at the beginning and starteed cutting a bloody swath, and you went to the arty not the gas station (they can still spawn there) they attacked, you beat them back and pursued to defeat them. Just because they couldn't fight off your attack doesn't mean you should stop it so they can attack you instead for a "fair chance", it was all fair when the games started. The fact that they are now losing shouldn't mean you should go easy on them for not beating you
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6804|England
We had other flags that they should be been taking, why didn’t I spawn at them? because I was the commander and was trying to fix my assets. using supply crates to fix assets is useless before you say it, they just use them to get more c4.
I tried twice to take them out with artillery, but it doesn’t usually hit the top of cranes. Why didn’t I go up the crane? because they had claymores on it.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6769

Kobrakai wrote:

We had other flags that they should be been taking, why didn’t I spawn at them? because I was the commander and was trying to fix my assets. using supply crates to fix assets is useless before you say it, they just use them to get more c4.
I tried twice to take them out with artillery, but it doesn’t usually hit the top of cranes. Why didn’t I go up the crane? because they had claymores on it.
You could always spawn elsewhere as a sniper and creep up on the snipers too.
Dr_3V|L

WildBlueYonder wrote:

Dr_3V|L wrote:

See I disagree with pulling back, it may be a public server "for fun" but it is also about winning, it is not like you marched up to the uncap at the beginning and starteed cutting a bloody swath, and you went to the arty not the gas station (they can still spawn there) they attacked, you beat them back and pursued to defeat them. Just because they couldn't fight off your attack doesn't mean you should stop it so they can attack you instead for a "fair chance", it was all fair when the games started. The fact that they are now losing shouldn't mean you should go easy on them for not beating you
I know the ultimate goal of the game is to let your team win, and that's what we did that round. When we left the base it was very obvious that we would win. So we decided to take it easy on them. Spawncamping and baseraping only leads to people cussing at eachother, I've seen this many times. Luckily I had a well-thinking team on my side, who were good to pull back and at least give the enemy's some movement space.
I bet you wouldn't want to stand in the shoes of one of those USMC guys getting spawnkilled respawn after respawn.
Shortstuffthe1st
+0|6726
no your gay doing that makes you worse than them thats almost as cheap as bunny hopping

and yes slugger i agree spawn camping is completly fair ppl always complain about camping on the ac but when i see ppl parachute down i can take out a four man sqaud easy

Last edited by Shortstuffthe1st (2006-01-01 00:13:05)

YoBabysDaddy
+31|6840|St. Louis, MO
Baseraping is part of the game.It is a war.I've gotten out of many base raping situations as a commander.From your stats you seem like a skilled player.I'm suprised you would resort to such a tactic to get out of a very common situation.
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6804|England

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Baseraping is part of the game.It is a war.I've gotten out of many base raping situations as a commander.From your stats you seem like a skilled player.I'm suprised you would resort to such a tactic to get out of a very common situation.
We all have our bad days id just had enough, its not how I would normally react.

I hate commanding as it is, Im just going for my distinguished service medal.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard