Hansim
+1|6759
Hi folks. Just curious, if one or some have already 'tested' the Battlefield2-Clone WARROCK from 'Dream Execution'?

They are currently providing an open public beta on www.warrock.net. The gameplay of Warrock itself seems to be quite similar compared to BF2. The main argument PRO Warrock claimed: A huge performance advantage, Warrock should run much faster than BF2 or BF2:SF.

Just this second i am downloading the game (about 184 MB), hopefully i get some time during xMas to try it out.

http://dreamexe.net/english/movieClip/w … laying.wmv - Gameplay movie
http://dreamexe.net/english/ - developer
http://www.warrock.net/ - open beta - you have to register first

Keep your experiences with it and opinions about it coming...
Aardcore
+60|6735|USA, Arizona
The screenshots to it look REALLY promising as a visually compelling gameplay experience... all that lighting and rain, it really looks fantastic! When you mention performance though, does that mean it'll need more or just about the same system req's. as BF2?
Hansim
+1|6759

Aardcore wrote:

The screenshots to it look REALLY promising as a visually compelling gameplay experience... all that lighting and rain, it really looks fantastic! When you mention performance though, does that mean it'll need more or just about the same system req's. as BF2?
Sorry Aardcore - i haven't tested it personally yet - my download is still running...
As far as i read, Warrock is said to need LESS performance (lower system requirements than BF2). Yepp - IMHO some screenshots and the trailer looked very promising, especially the water-stuff in the heli-view (reflections etc.).
I hope there will be soon some more infos around, maybe some ppl. out of our community here will share some exp. with it. Don't know, if i will be able to test it much today, 'cause of the 24.12. - family XMAS day - but i will post my experiences with Warrock asap i'll try it.

Oops yes - TO ALL HERE AT BF2S.COM:

A MERRY CHRISTMAS! And a happy holiday season.
Rosse_modest
+76|6798|Antwerp, Flanders
Infidels!!!
ZDRuX
+0|6726
Hmmm, I looked at the video, from what I've seen it looks like it will still need alot of work to become as widely accepted as BF2. The textures looks a little crappy, gameplay seems "OK" but I wouldn't hold my breath thinking this is the next big thing after BF2. Although I`m downloading the demo to give it a try, but I`m not keeping my hopes high.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6798|UK
BF2 with gay skins and blood.
YELLOWJACKET
+2|6778
That Game Is So Full Of Hackers.
Tempelridderen
+0|6755
Is it free?
Kniero
Banned
+1|6768|AZ
Warrock seems a lot more grittier, intense, and up close. Sure, some of the textures and maps do seem a bit dated, but the construct of the battles seem to be a lot more compact and complex (battle complexity being based on the amount architectural intricacy of the space, IMO).
TC><Injecter
+4|6850|Berlin, Germany
I think (saw the trailer only) this game looks damn good! OK the textures could look a bit more ... "rough" but its still cool! Semms to be great?! The water looks damn good too (remembering "Far Cry" atm)... We have to look out for this one!

BUT: What makes the whole thing a bit unprofessional is, that in the middle of the movie you can see a mouse arrow floating around at the downer right edge for a few secs

Merry Christmas
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6780|Brixham, UK
I didn't like it. I thought it was boring, lacked any real... flow.
Speelbal
+146|6774|Netherlands
It has blood IEIEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

Better part: Was that a mobile stinger with painter I saw on the end? Awesome!
Kniero
Banned
+1|6768|AZ
lol, uh, what's THAT supposed to mean? What does it need flow for? It was packed with action. Video game movies only have "flow" if they're made by big name producers and developers. The introductive cinematics of BF2 have flow, yet the game isn't anywhere near as action packed with realistic sequences as portrayed in the clip. I think the trailer given of this game is a lot more representative of how in-game immersion will feel, unlike the demos given of BF2. BF2 has this weird sort of clinging feeling, as it somehow always seems I'm trying to get something down or perform to some certain degree. Personally, BF2 doesn't necessarily have that climactic war-torn feeling that other games have, but rather a sense of engagement and fulfillment when (your personal) success is met. This Warrock game seems to mix RTCW: Enemy Territory and BF2, and I like that (except I'd love to have a type of convert made involving the precision mechanics of MoH:AA(S[BT]).
sheggalism
+16|6764|France
it doesn' t seem really exiting to me : planes fly slowly, no iron sight aim, less firearms than BF2, strange charac design; nevertheless transports trucks and MG boats are quite cool.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6768|AZ
there really isn't an iron sight system?

about planes...how do you know they fly slowly? it was a trailer! you couldn't possibly know how fast or slow the planes can really go
[chu^2]sysfailur
+0|6722
184mb of PURE OWNAGE!*!(@#(*!@#(!*
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6777|The Netherlands
nah not interested
ScreamingJay
+1|6766
was that a p-38 mustang trailing all  those f16s at the beginning?
KiLLMasTer
+3|6803|West Va (USA)
It looks ok but i thank i'll pass.... on this.....
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6789|Arizona
If BF2 and CS:S DNA could splice...this would be the result.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6749|Debris From Space
If only AA worked like that in BF2, and you could have a handheld version of AA.
ZDRuX
+0|6726
Ok just played the demo.. WOW - I haven't seen such low-budget game in a while.. the video shows nothing to how bad the actual game is, I would recommend that people save their bandwidth, the reason it runs on slower machines is.. well, i don't think I have to explain.

The game is completely unfisnished at this stage, the controls are finicky, movement is buggy, vehicles look and drive horribly, it looks more like a cartoon'ish battle than a "simulator" if that's the wording you want to use. Textures are almost non-existant, it's like the battlefield is filled with simple 4-6 polygon building painted a different colour so you don't confuse them with mountains that mark the outter edge of the map. The vehicles look un-proportional to the player, the humvee looks long, wide, and strangely short in heigh, like it's a ferrari, the driving physics.. well, there is none. I could go on, but I think you guys get my idea.

Last edited by ZDRuX (2005-12-24 13:52:29)

Tempelridderen
+0|6755

ScreamingJay wrote:

was that a p-38 mustang trailing all  those f16s at the beginning?
Isn't it p-51 that is called mustang? Anyway, is it free??!
Maj.Do
+85|6774|good old CA
ill pass. review later

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard